main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will the Sequel Trilogy echo the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bibfortuitous, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    While the focus since the announcement on Tuesday has been on how the ST will follow the OT I hope that the PT will not be entirely dismissed in the new films. I'm an OT fan first but love the PT and hope that there will be some connection in Episodes VII, VIII and IX to Episodes I, II and III.

I wondered if considering he has been fit enough to film for The Hobbit whether Christopher Lee could have a small part in Episode VII as some sort of descendent of Count Dooku? Pure speculation but it would be a nice way of tying the two trilogies.

Thoughts?

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Judging by the new video they posted, looks like they will be honoring both trilogies; and by their comments, aspects of the EU. It will be a well-rounded movie.

3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    In terms of being more modern films asthetically speaking, yes I think they will be more like the PT than the OT, and there will probably be species among many other elements, which appeared in the PT, in the ST.