main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will the Sith's "Grand Plan" be explained thoroughly, or even mentioned in the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Dec 1, 2011.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The topic says it all. Rumors are flaring up from the Plagueis novel that everything was all staged by the Sith from the beginning (probably centuries ago) and like what Count Dooku said, "The Sith control everything. You just don't know it." My question is this, will they bring up this whole "Grand Plan" that the Sith had been working on since the days of Darth Bane? Will the balance of the Force and the true origins of the chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, be explored on the small screen? This would make for an interesting arc if they were to delve into the history of the Sith.

2. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    What's the definition of "everything"?

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    To answer the question: no, they would never do that.

But it would be interesting if it were to happen. It certainly would be intriguing if they deviated from the Clone Wars to focus on a predominately EU-handled subject. I'm a sucker for all things evil, so it would sate my Dark Side cravings to no end no matter how badly they (inevitably) play artistic license with the existing material.

But if they chose to tell the history of Bane's Order of the Sith Lords, I'd much rather the job of filling that whole blank area be given to the EU writers instead of the TCW crew.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm imagining a dark, shadowy room on Coruscant where Palpatine and Dooku are having a bottle of champagne and musing on their success. [face_laugh]

[image=http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/episodes/clash/60.jpg]

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    If this does happen, I hope they go back to the beginning when Lord Daiman created the universe. :p

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Actually, the real answer is: nobody knows. But I agree that it would be interesting to see.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think most people watching the show are already aware that Sidious (and the Sith -- "Once more the Sith will Rule the Galaxy etc etc") had a grand plan to control everything.

That being said, the history of the plan might come into play in later episodes. Lucas was partly overseeing the Plagueis novel and that has some spoilers than makes me wonder if we may even see Plagueis in a future episode, maybe even the Maul ones. (I don't know if that's a spoiler, but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry).

I don't think we'll see Darth Bane, but they have Darth Bane's model now so.... yeah. I won't say it's impossible.

Anakin's origins will (definite Plagueis novel spoilers) probably remain a mystery because he was clearly not part of the Sith plan in the Plagueis novel.

Oh, well of course! It's high time Daiman shows up and sets things straight in his universe. I've no doubt he'll appear in one of the later episodes, take one look at Ahsoka, and declare, "That is not one of MY creations! Therefore it does not exist!" And Ahsoka will vanish with a snap of a finger.

Legocloneguy22 likes this.
  8. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't know about TCW, because ultimately that may require some revelations that may affect the story negatively, you never know. After all, there's a mystery element to the prequels that isn't meant to be resolved until ROTS; where does the mystery go if you answer it in the middle of the series? Just ask Twin Peaks. But I do know that the upcoming Book of Sith will have a chart that describes the Grand Plan - supposedly written by Sidious himself if I remember right. Just go and check out the publicity for that book and see if there's something that strikes your interest.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If before S3 someone had asked me if they would do a Force-witch trilogy or anything like Mortis or even Heroes on Both Sides I probably would have said absolutely not, so I don't know how valuable any of our answers will be. Sounds like an awesome idea, though.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, Lucas threw the mystery element out of the window with the movies when he filmed the trilogies backwards, so why not fill in the blanks like he has been doing. I'm not saying the Jedi need to find these things out. I'm just saying they should flesh out the Sith more and show us what we want to know and see on the small screen. And don't give me that bull, "Well, you can always read one or ten EU books that might or might not explain any of this". My philosophy is this (and I'm sure some might agree) if I can't see it on my TV then, it never happened.

I think this will make the show more interesting, and also enhance the evil nature and true motives of the Sith, so we get a better understanding and feeling that these guys are the villains, and not just the instigators.

If they won't bother showing us anything related to this then, they could at least adapt the upcoming Darth Plagueis novel into a Clone Wars animation style feature film.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/55/NightsisterLineup-TCW.jpg]

Maybe they could also explain the old alliance with them.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This all makes me thinking one thing.....Lucas liked the Dark Empire comics and now he has adapted one EU-comic he liked (Slaves of the Republic) to be part of his canon[face_thinking] .... so we may even see reborn Sidious one day in Lucas-canon.... possibly in show like TCW taking place after Rotj..... Lucas have already been "explaining" his Chosen One concept so he may do changes to it- he always changes everything anyway.....

Well as long as it's fun- even Mortis could've been - I won't stress this Maul-thing but I think that Plagueis and Talzin are somehow connected- they may do some big bundle of Force-stuff and add Maul/Mortis/Plagueis/Dagobah Cave/Talzin/Chosen One and midichlorians (and whills?) all together and perhaps they form one working thing... or then they don't....quite a big risk.. they can either explain thoroughly the myths and philosophy of Star Wars=D= (perhaps even Mortis is explained to make sense) or then destroy it once and for all[face_worried]....

Probably they do neither and they end up to stuff like Mortis that ultimately did nothing big to the story[face_tired] ... but well- hoping for the best and fearing for the worst- in any case it's not my life that is at stake but George's.....

Maul-thing is quite close to Sidious being reborn- so the biggest thing that made EU distasteful to me is actually very close to GL's new vision of his saga- whatever one thing is certain: You can never be sure what George is up to and he seem to like it that way....

On the other hand this could make awesome SW-stories, but Katie Lucas hasn't been too good writer by far and probably she is behind this thing..... well I watch first and judge later

I anticipate that Plagueis-novel is heavily connected to this TCW-arc....in fact I did anticipate that six months ago or so and looks like Force was with me back then....

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I wonder if the Plagueis novel will tell us what Sifo-Dyas's true motives were.[face_thinking]

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh yeah Sifo-Dyas is one more thing TCW probably dives into at some point- it was never explained in movies... I do like the EU-story, but I dunno, maybe Sifo-Dyas ends up to be very different from his eu-portrayal... I hope not though

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You have to be real careful when explaining these things.

If you just come out and blurt it all out with no subtlety, it comes off ham-fisted. Sometimes it's better to leave things unsaid, but if you leave too much unsaid it can be unsatisfying. There's a balance you need to try to hit.

Usually saying too little is better than saying too much, better to leave fans wanting more, better to let fans decide for themselves, rather than saying too much and ruining it. And yet, there comes a time when fans want a definitive answer.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    You're right, but in the end, we're going to want closure. The Clone Wars is a good oppurtunity and a good time to reveal all this.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    CT is right- hopefully they leave a lot of mystery in The Force...but they have to reveal something big about "force ghosting" to explain Maul's survival...

18. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    No, they won't.

By the way, Mortis explained Anakin's origin, but nobody's buying it. (Except for a few guys in the LIT forum who agree with me) Secrets revealed!

I am calling out in the desert.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, I'm hoping they touch upon the origins of the Sith, or at least Lucas' take on it.

I know that (according to Wookieepedia) Lucas' notes for the origins of the Sith had them arise 2,000 years before the movies, and that they eventually weaken themselves until they are forced into hiding about 1,000 years before the movies.

The movies themselves don't really shed any light on who the Sith are, beyond that they once controlled the galaxy before being defeated by the Jedi and now looking to have revenge. But I'd like to see how the Sith originated. I don't think that requires a flashback episode, or even an entire episode dedicated to it, but just the occasional comment here and there that eventually build a more complete picture. E.G. like how Yoda says that slavery can be a foundation for the rise of a Sith Empire, or how Sidious (in the Season 4 trailer) mentions that Sith EmpireS (implying that they've risen and fallen multiple times) have been built upon the backs of slaves. And how Pre Viszla has an ancient lightsaber that looks very different that that of the contemporary Jedi.

I'd like to hear the name dropped as to who the first Sith Lord is, etc. For instance, would Lucas hold the EU that Ajunta Pall and his followers were exiled to Korriban and intermingled with a Sith species there, or would he give the first Sith Lord a "Darth title" in contrast to characters like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow that had none in the EU?

I'd simply like to see little glimpses into the origins of the Sith-Jedi split and how the Jedi defeated the Sith. If their power base was built upon slave labor, were the "prosperous" clients of the ancient Zygerrian Slave Empire the Sith? Etc.

They already had an episode where Padme and Ahsoka delve into the CIS, and what the Clone War is really about as opposed to Anakin who has a much more simplistic view. Since Ahsoka is still a child and learning, they could use her ignorance to delve into the topic of what the Sith vs. Jedi conflict is about.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Naga Sadow in TCW pleeeeeeeeeease. [face_praying]

Seriously though, I doubt they'll get that detailed with the origins of the Sith on TCW, especially since in February Dark Horse is launching a new comic that will deal with the origin of the Jedi/Dark Side split.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Using Ahsoka in this instance would be a good opportunity to explain the Sith. The other thing I would like to know is how does Yoda know about the rule two if they thought the Sith (who supposedly numbered in the tens back in the day) hadn't existed for a thousand years.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Uh.... The Force?- That is told in TPM already- Mortis was manifestation of the Force kind of so it didn't reveal anything new....

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think the situation implied by Labyrinth of Evil basically tells the story: Sifo-Dyas had visions of the future which prompted him to initiate the creation of an army. There is as yet no suggestion that his motives were corrupt; rather, he seems to have been acting in what he believed were the best interests of the Republic.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes... IMO Mortis didn't tell us anything new, it just served to muddy the waters regarding the information we already had from the movies.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, but, will the Jedi even talk about this in the show? Did they even try to find out who this Tyranus was, and his possible connection to Sifo-Dyas? Did they think they co-conspired in this plan to order the clone army? What are their thoughts on using short lived slaves bred to fight for the Republic? What are their thoughts on the state of the government they have sworn to protect? Do they really know nothing about the Sith and their hold on the Senate? What the hell is going on in their heads?!!