main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will the Skywalker lineage survive?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by akaydia, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Will Anakin Skywalker's lineage survive?

1. No: Kylo Ren is the only grandchild of Anakin and he will be killed off

24 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No: Kylo Ren is the only grandchild of Anakin and he will survive but not reproduce

9 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. No: Anakin has grandchildren but they will all not reproduce/ be killed off

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Yes: Kylo Ren is the only grandchild of Anakin but he will reproduce

60 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Yes: Anakin has grandchildren and at least one will reproduce

86 vote(s)
    42.4%
  6. Yes: the lineage continues on through clones/ genetic engineering

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Yes: Kylo Ren has an older sibling who is a parent

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Yes/No: another person will be conceived through the force

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Other

30 vote(s)
    14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Let's keep actors looks out of the discussions, 'k? Objectifying or being disrespectful is not nice, whatever the gender of the subject.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    It was not said in poor taste. Just a simple jest. Why is this being taken so far out of context?? Not trying to derail..

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm stepping in because it is derailing the thread. I "get" the jest, but some don't. No formal warnings have been issued; let's just refrain from commenting on looks - and btw, even jokes can be not nice. (Just like we have asked in the past to not "joke" about Carrie's age, etc. - jokes or not, the cumulative effect was negativity about a real life person's aging.)

4. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My preference is that Rey is a Skywalker, whether a direct descendent of Luke or a cousin (Shmi had a sibling who had a child?), and eventually has a child with Finn--in an equal partnership, not a saccharine "traditional romance" in which Rey's disappearing spine causes frequent swooning.

Or Ben Solo had a child prior to turning.

Do not want: post-TFA Kylo reproducing or supernatural reproduction à la Anakin. Or cloning.

It would be sad if the Skywalker lineage died out, but I won't quit the saga over it.

6. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    The only one that would make sense is if she's Luke's daughter. Shmi having a sibling would not be a strong story plot, and also Rey would not have such strong force abilities (I don't think Shmi had them at all?) if any at all. If she is a Skywalker, the only plausible explanation is she is Luke's daughter.

nightangel likes this.
  7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No, they really don't. Like at all.

ChildOfWinds and nightangel like this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Will the Skywalker lineage survive? Not sure but if Luke and/or Rey succeed in reforming the Jedi Order than arguably it won't matter as much if the Skywalkers survive. There will be other Jedi out there to protect the galaxy. Then again...

The Star Wars movies make the Skywalker family out to be even more special than the average Jedi. What is it about the Skywalker family that makes them more powerful than say any of the Jedi from the prequels? Why were the Jedi from the prequels so easily disposed of and yet the Empire and now The First Order can't figure out how to kill one dude? Is Luke more powerful than any other Jedi in history?

I feel like the powers that be are in a pickle when it comes to the Jedi. If you bring them all back and make them as powerful as Luke than it diminishes Luke's importance to some extent. On the other hand if you bring back the Jedi and they aren't as powerful as Luke, if they're just as disposable as the Jedi were in the prequels than that diminishes the importance of the Jedi. How could we consider the Jedi to be a force to be reckoned with if they're treated as a bunch of no named Red Shirts that get killed off just as easily as Porkins?

Come to think of it for a legendary group of super powered knights the Jedi are pretty terrible at keeping themselves alive. C3PO and R2-D2 are more skilled at keeping themselves alive than every single Jedi except Luke! My God! The Jedi were all wiped out before A New Hope, and then they were all wiped out by Kylo Ren apparently when Luke tried starting the Order up again. What's the point of bringing these losers back? The average none Jedi fighting in the Rebellion/Resistance has done a better job at fighting the Empire and The First Order!

9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002

The only reason why I dislike the Rey is Luke's daughter scenario is that it will further weaken Luke's character IMHO.

Luke's already portrayed as a coward of sorts (similar to Yoda who instructs Obi-wan to go and hide to wait for the right time). Instead of Luke facing Snoke and Kylo he goes and hides.

Han is also a coward that deserts his family and runs away with boyfriend Chewie.

Now by Luke having some sort of illegitimate child with a a nameless woman, he's not following the Jedi code while also being a coward and bad father by leaving Rey alone on Jakku to live as a slave, sorry, smuggler-homeless-person to eek a living out of salvaging parts. And if Luke was not "aware" of Rey he should've felt her long before TFA.

In other words. IMHO, Rey being the offspring of Luke will show that Luke is just as bad as Anakin was and deserves all the bad that is coming his way.

And also will be yet another reason why the GFFA should turn on the Skywalkers and make sure that the lineage dies out completely.

10. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I think that is why they used the Order 66 plot device. A way to wipe out most of the Jedi before they had a chance to regroup and mount a counter attack. It let them wipe out the Jedi without making the Jedi look too weak.

As for new Jedi they would just need to be Obi Wan- Quigon Teir. Rey would be like Mace Windu (more powerful than the others) and Luke would be a more limited lifespan Yoda (the Jedi who clearly is more gifted with the force than the others).

The need for having a Jedi order would simply because you can bring peace to the galaxy with just a couple of Jedi. You need to be able to handle disputes all around the galaxy. You don't need a Yoda for every situation that arises. I think TPM shows this well. Quigon was a good Jedi, but nothing implied he was special compared to any other Master, he had a gifted Padawan in Obi Won who had the potential to one day be on the councel. That is why they were sent to handle what they thought was a simple trade dispute. No need for Mace Windu for something like that.

Lord Nikon likes this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Even if the Skywalker line dies off, I see Luke's legacy being a New Jedi Order.

Jedi Jessy, Lord Nikon and nightangel like this.
  12. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think that the world obviously needs A Skywalker Story - Shmi: A Star Wars Story standalone.

It would be a Prequel-prequel, before Anakin then time-jump to after TPM and become a prequel-sequel. Or we can have both time periods play out concurrently. You get to see a young Shmi leaving home to find joy in life and follow her dreams to AGFFA's version of Hollywood only to discover that she's not that special after all and find her way into being-trafficking, but not before getting pregnant and giving birth to an older unknown sibling to Anakin whom she almost sold for space-heroin but ended up just leaving the child in a basket at a space-fire brigade station.

Then later we can see Shmi find true joy and happiness in one Cliegg Lars and her new step-son, Owen. She misses Anakin, and also wonders whatever happened to her original child. Then we find out Cliegg and Shmi are gonna have a baby! But before she can tell the family the good news, her past has come back to haunt her. To protect the ones that she loves, she must hide her pregnancy and disappear for some time to clean up some loose ends. To ensure her cooperation, the "others" take away her newborn baby and hold it hostage. Upon completion, they tell Shmi to return to the Lars and wait for their return and the baby. Time passes and they never return. Shmi is so distraught and alone with no one that she's willing to talk to and just tired of living lies that she decides to end it all and commissions some Sand People to attack and kill her while sparing herself from having to come clean to Cliegg because deep down she's kind of a coward and selfish. Anyways, the Sand People agree, but instead of killing her they attack and kidnap her but also chop of Cliegg's leg and then just torture her for the funs. And then we pan up to the twin suns as Padme and Anakin arrive in that Naboo cruiser. Credits!

Anyways, there! Two more Skywalker lines. This movie would basically be a Star Wars Black Dahlia flick.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    arjank likes this.
  15. Balaaa

Balaaa Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2016
    Hopefully Rey is a Skywalker too

16. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Balaaa
    That's no guarantee for the lineage survival at all, tho. If the endgame is Balance of the Force according to Dave Filoni's definition, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, than Rey and Kylo will be instrumental in bringing the balance of Light and Dark as 2 sides complementing each other. Who's to say that the requirement isn't that both serve as the guardians (especially since they are Skywalkers, the direct descendants from the Force or the Force's great great grandchildren if you will) meaning neither can have family, etc but they'll be dedicated to the Force and keeping the balance? or maybe both have to die so that the balance would be possible? Rogue One had no qualms killing everyone because it was the right thing in the context of the story, so if the story requires that Skywalkers end one way or the other (die or, as I said, becoming Guardians, similar to Mortis) , they will. Mind you, they can give The Guardians big roles to play in many sequel spin-off, etc movies cause they are young, but there just won't be a generation after them.

So, yeah, whether there's one or two young Skywalkers doesn't mean much. I understand that some fans think that if there's another survival is guaranteed. But it really isn't. Plus, you never know which one would live if it was down to one. May not be the one everyone bets on.

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Clones.
    The Republic's secret weapon. Millions and millions of Luukes.

akaydia likes this.
  18. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I hope. Luke Skywalker and Leia (and Chewey) are the only reasons I have any desire for Episode 8. I didn't connect to the new cast in Episode 7 at all like I did for Rogue One.

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Well... every time they talk about the spinoffs vs the Saga... they call it the Skywalker Saga... so to me that implies that absolutely the Skywalker line will survive.

nightangel likes this.
  20. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    I do believe the ending of the Saga films and the ending of the Skywalkers (whether it be a happy ending or them all dying) will coincide. You can't continue these films without them. Because if they do, and some form of evil still comes back, then what was the point of this all-powerful lineage that was supposed to bring balance? Just start a new Saga after the Skywalker story ends (whether that's with 9, 12 or 30).

21. 2old2Bhere

2old2Bhere Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    What was Anakins purpose? To bring balance to the Force like Iceko said above? Okay but once "in balance" would the Force still need the Skywalkers? Why was there an "awaking"? Because the Force was becoming out of balance again with the rise of Snoke and the Knights of Ren while Luke had gone into hiding?

Like others I assume Rey to be a Skywalker (I still prefer the Idea shes the great granddaughter of Palpatine) but maybe she is just another virgin birth like Anakin in a long line of defenders of the Force called to bring balance when balance is needed. Sort of an eternal warrior spirit reincarnated each time who transcends good and evil. From a writers perspective this opens a door to a vast universe of possibilities vs being pigeonholed with Rey as a Skywalker. I doubt Star Wars would get this deep but it will be fun seeing what happens.

22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the force is balanced because the sith were destroyed in rotj and anakin fulfilled the prophecy. in tfa lor san tekka said that there must be jedi to maintain the balance. so luke is the last jedi. if luke dies then the force will be unbalanced once again.

La Calavera likes this.
  23. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I hope so, i want ma boy Kylo to survive.

24. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    if they make rey a skywalker personally I dont see kylo surviving unless he is redeemed his story is really quite sad, snoke preyed on him and han and leia were to occupied with there own stuff to really notice it according to the force awakens documentary.

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Rey and Kylo have to go out and find good fertile partners and breed like rabbits to open up the plot possibilities for future writers. In the current state of things the options are pretty limited.