main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Sox win it all again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno_vader333, Apr 16, 2005.

?

Will the Sox win it all again?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno_vader333

Ryno_vader333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
  2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I voted no. And not because I'm a Yankees fan and I'd rather see paint dry than the Red Sox win it again. I think they're a totally different team now, especially with some key players gone. While I think there are still good players on that team that will help carry them to the playoffs, I don't think they'll be back in the big game again.

And I'll make my NL prediction, because they're always easy for me to predict: Houston on top.

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Toronto all the way, baby! :)

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I think the Sox will make it back to the playoffs, but alot will have to happen if they're going to repeat.

One of the main factors will be the health of Wade Miller. If he can come back on time (right now they're saying the begining of May) and produce like he did in Houston, He's a legit #2 pitcher.

Right now I'll say they won't. I'm picking the Angels vs. the Cardnials.

5. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I said yes. Yankees are poo doo.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm going to say YES on this one. I think the Sox have been able to at least evenly fill in the spots that were vacated by departing players in the offseason, if not actually improve on those positions.

There's a couple of teams I think both the Sox and Yankees need to keep an eye on. I think that Baltimore is going to be much better and continue to play strong a lot longer than they have in recent years, even if the miss the playoffs they will still cause some trouble for the Sox and Yanks. The other team, which a lot of "experts" are saying will go all the way are the Twins. They've been steadily improving over the past couple of year and I think it could be them who surprises the most people this year.

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I said yes, because I love the Red Sox and I want them to kick some Yankee butts again.

8. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I said no. I am a big fan, but I don't think they are gunna make it all the way.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I voted yes, because I'd really like to see it happen. Unrealistic? Maybe. But whatever.

10. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Well who knows, knock on wood, the Patriots won the Superbowl three times in four years, so who knows what the Red Sox can pull off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.