main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will the ST have ties to the PT?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Figrin D'aniel, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    Do you guys think there will be some things in Episodes 7, 8 and 9 that will relate to the Prequel Trilogy, or do you think people could watch and understand the ST with only having seen the OT?

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It really depends on the function of the ST. If the ST is meant to conclude the 3 trilogy saga, then it should build off of both trilogies. If not, I don't think it's necessary.

3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    As it will be the concluding trilogy, I think there should be some ties to the earlier trilogies, but I doubt there will be major direct connections (beyond featuring some characters from the OT) in the ST. Until we get some more details about the ST, we don't know how much they will be intertwined, but we can assume that there will be some threads to connect the three trilogies.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think there will be, but it won't be very obvious.

5. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    But how do you know it will be the concluding trilogy? What's to stop them from making X-XII and XIII-XV, etc. ad infinitum?

Episode Swag likes this.
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    If Sam Jackson's groveling works, Mace Windu may well appear.

Alec Guiness is deceased, so Ewan McGregor would have to play Obi Wan's ghost.

If Anakin's ghost appears, he will most certianly be played by Hayden Christiansen, no doubt.

7. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I think the Star Wars saga must be considered as a whole. That's what George Lucas would have done and I am sure Abrams will go that way as well. This new trilogy while pursuing in the path and the tone of the OT might as well take interesting concepts of the PT such as the Jedi Order, the Sith code, Planets and species ect.

Seagoat As much as I like Windu and Jackson in this role, if Samuel Jackson ask for a job it doesn't mean he will get it. After all, Mace Windu is dead in ROTS. That's what the canon says and perhaps it should remain so. I am bit fed up with resurected characters.

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The villain has been set up by the PT, so yes.

Darth kRud likes this.
  9. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I think they should definitely have elements from both trilogies. They should especially try to make things that were once very dumb to be very awesome. Like the midichlorian concept among other things. And to do that they'd have to reference the PT.

10. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Think about just the resurrections in the films. Grievous lost most of his body and survived. Vader lost all his limbs, got burnt to a crisp, and survived.

Mace got his hand cut off, then got shocked a bit a thrown out a window. You're telling me that kills him? Who's to say that they won't retcon him into grabbing a ledge, or falling onto a speeder or something?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  11. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    If Mace survived, he would've helped out Yoda and Obi Wan, not split like a punk

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    IDK, if he appears in VII, maybe they'll explain he got cut off from the Force or something.

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Slightly off topic, but on midi-chlorians: I never understood what the problem some had with that. What did some people think, that you would be able to use the Force just by running around in a swamp and doing flips with a green alien on your back? To me midi-chlorians made as much sense as anything else.

And even as a seven-year-old in '77 I always thought being able to use the Force was something special and that only certain people were able to do it. Like Obi-Wan said, "The Force is what gives the Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together." And that matches Qui-Gon and "Midi-chlorians are a microscopic life form that reside in all living cells... We are symbiants with them... Life forms, living together for a mutual advantage. Without the midi-chorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you." And if one didn't understand, with time and training they would.

So the Force was either something like midi-chlorians, or it was magic. The former is what I've always believed.

Anyway, yeah, if Darth Plagueis the Wise is the (or one of the) villain(s), and I think it would be cool if he was, then there's a prequel connection.

14. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    What is the basis for this "Plagueis is the ST villain" theory? He died sometime during TPM. Is the thought that he'll do what Sidious did in the EU and transfer his spirit by using his mastery of midichlorians or something?

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure the ST will have links with both previous trilogies, however subtle.

Well, Yoda & Obi Wan went into hiding when they could have done something. Many other Jedi also did that rather than banding together to fight against the Empire, no reason Windu wouldn't have chickened-out like the rest.

16. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I believe that it will connect just in terms of trying to rebuild the Republic as it once was during the PT. There could be direct references to political plotlines from the PT in that sense. I believe that by Episode IX, we could even see some imagery that harkens back to the PT so that the circle truely is complete once the New Republic is fully resurrected by trilogy's end, which I suspect will be the crux of the larger story arc in the ST. I also think they may expalin the force ghost thing in the new trilogy which was teased in PT, and seen fully in the OT but sill not explained. Perhaps Qui-Gon's discovery after his death will be discussed. That would be cool.

17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I hope not. I want as few connections to the PT as is possible.

18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    No Jedi, no sith no nothing having anything to do with old Star Wars. They need to use their imagination. Rehashing old ideas/characters is lazy. LOL

19. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Yes. Mace was a Jedi, and was not involved in the teachings of the Sith. The Jedi accept death as 'a natural part of life'. The Sith seek to destroy life, and cheat death. To bring him back would invalidate his character completely. So yeah, he's dead.

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The possibility is high IMO & I would like it.

21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like for them to find out who Padme is. But that was already done in Dark Nest Trilogy so I don't know if that will be happening.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Palps story is very, very ... vague. You could easily slot in Plagueis as the bad guy and still keep the Palpatine's story intact. "Hah HA! Palpatine killed me but, dammit, I cheated death!" Really, the story of Plagueis the wise is a tad random usage in "Sith" and, on one level, it's as close to an origin for Palpatine the movie series ever provides, it also sets up a temptation for Anakin to side with Sidous, or you could look at it as setting up a bad guy for the ST. There is a lot of potential there, and would be a way to make Plagieus the ultimate bad guy of all 9 movies. ("Ah-HAH! I was actually manipulating Palpatine the whole time! ha-ha-HA!") Obviously, if I was writing the script, Plagieus would laugh and monologue a lot. Possibly to nobody.

23. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    But if they make it so Plagueis was really the big bad villain all along, doesn't that kind of cheapen Sidious seeing as he was the manipulative "phantom menace" pulling the strings all along? I don't know if I like the idea... but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Plagueis as a ST villain, I just can;t think of a good way to fit him in...

24. DarthLazious28273

DarthLazious28273 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    I think I have a feeling in my gut that Darth Maul will be the villian for the ST or perhaps Asajj Ventress.

25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Most certianly there will be plenty of "connective tissue" since, after all, this is Episode 7.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.