main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Star Wars TV show be on TV?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by emporergerner, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    As an Apple enthusiast for the last 3 years or so, naturally each Steve Jobs unveiling is a big deal for me. Most of the focus from yesterday is obviously on the new video iPod. But I must admit, it's a sidebar part of the story that's of far more interest to me... Apple has begun selling ABC/Disney TV shows legally for $1.99 a pop.

I'm a new convert to the show Lost. If I miss it on TV for some reason... boom, I can legally download it the next day.

How does this relate to Star Wars?

Fast forward to spring 2006... some shows will begin to debut online and broadcast at the same time. Fast forward to summer 2006... some shows will be online BEFORE broadcast. (NOTE: I'm pretty sure HBO has already tried this once, but I'm too lazy to look it up atm.) Fast forward to winter 2006 and a lot of shows will do it.

Nothing is set in stone by any means, but the earliest realistic date the Star Wars animated show would come out is probably 2007. By that time, I'll probably be "downloading" most of my TV if current trends continue.

How will we watch this new series? In what medium will it debut? What will be the lifecycle through traditional mediums like free TV, pay TV, DVD, video-on-demand and the like? In what order and in what timing? "Always in motion is the future."

Perhaps you will have to unlearn what you have learned.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

2. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm sure it will be on TV. Whether or not other mediums will carry it is something we are going to have to wait to find out.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    The Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is set for a Fall 2007 release and the Live Action TV Series is probabaly coming out in 2008.

4. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Yes, your point?

5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm sure that the new shows will be carried by TV primarily, the only question is whether or not they will be able to be viewed via other sources.

6. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    GL would work something out so people can't dl the shows if it came to that.

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Perhaps several months after the series is finished the episodes will be able to be viewed on other mediums.

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well... DVD for one I'd assume ;)

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Perhaps Hyperspace will get the shows too, but that might be harder with full-length shows compared to the few minutes for Clone Wars episodes.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004

I would expect [and hope] that they would be released on DVD eventually. I'm wondering if any other media system will have it.

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Probably on which ever next gen DVD format comes out on top.

In the UK they are currently testing wireless TV. Kinda like a handheld TV, but with digital picture quality so it's great quality. Bandwidth is very high meaning there's space for hundreds of channels.

I think specifically they intend on using it through a next generation communication device (like a cell phone with a PSP sized screen).

I think some of the idea is that you can watch whatever programs you want whenever you like.

Possibly a format like that might get a consumer purchase boost if a few TV shows agreed to show their episodes exlusively inadvance (maybe a week or so before TV).

However, given that Lucas is paranoid about piracy it'll probably be on TV first before any other format - presumably in HDTV.

12. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    So that we can record it onto our DVD recorders.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.