main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Will The Sun Ever Shine Again? PART 7 (re-edited version of old story! obi-torture) updated 10/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Thanks so much for the PM! I love the update too! Having Obi wary of Xanatos is great, and Xanatos's uncertainty regarding Obi is beautifully written. I particularly love the scene of Qui with the Council! It's so moving that he left without their permission and refuses to give up on Obi! I look forward to reading more :)

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    SJ_More: thank youu! Ah I'm glad to hear that the third year is going well for you! I have a lot of stuff going on, but I'm just trying to keep it real :D

Icepaw_Kenobi: dun dun dunnnn :) thanks for readingggg, im glad you liked the last chapter!

littleobiwankenobi: i'm glad you liked that part! i always liked the idea that Qui is really strong-minded and that he would go against the Council if it was for something he really believed in. IE obi haha

GKilKenny: haha yes i don't know if he's up for saving both his padawan, and his formerly-evil/formerly-dead padawan :p thanks for the review, as always!

dimyavie: aww thank you for such a lovely review! its kind of weird writing Obi-Wan into a position in which he has to trust Xanatos, but hey if nothing else, it makes for some uncomfortable tension! haha

thank you ALL for your wonderful reviews as always! and thanks again for being patient with me! :)

PART 6

The other prisoners in the room watched the exchange silently, and even the feeblest of them could feel the rise of tension in the room. Some were excited by the revelation that they stood in the presence of two Jedi, while some were terrified. Some looked at Obi-Wan in reverence, while others stared at Xanatos in fear, for they had heard what the lighter-haired Jedi had said about him. Despite their anticipation, the other occupants of the room stood back and allowed the two some privacy.
    They watched as the smile slipped off of Xanatos? face, and a haunted look flashed in his blue eyes.

?Tell me what you really want,? Obi-Wan said, his voice leaving no room for argument.

Xanatos sighed, and one could visibly see the lowering of his defenses. His face lost its surety, and his voice was no longer confident. ?I want to help you because I want to go home,? he admitted. ?I have been here for months, though it could be years, you know how time loses its value here. And in this time, nothing the guards could do to me plagued me as much as the memories of my old Master, your Master, Qui-Gon. When you have all the time in the world, you start to think about things differently. You look at your life, at the good you have done and at the bad.

"I was supposed to do good, Obi-Wan, I was trained to do good, as you are. And instead I thought only of myself, and my own ambitions. Now I just want to start again, I just want to go home. And I know you want to go home too. You try to be strong, you try not to drown in the pain, but you become weaker everyday. I can see that, Obi-Wan. I can see it in your eyes. Together we can get out of here."

Obi-Wan stared at Xanatos silently for a minute, and tried to concentrate on the man in front of him. Hundreds of thoughts were running through his head, and even his training was having no effect on his dizzied mind. ?We must get the other prisoners out as well, I will not help you if you do not promise me this,? Obi-Wan said.
    Xanatos nodded, his dark hair brushing against his face. ?Of course, I would not think to leave without them.?
    ?How can I trust your word?? Obi-Wan asked weakly as a sudden sensation of pain slammed through his skull. He struggled to keep his spine straight, but he could feel his muscles already starting to betray him.

"You have to believe in me, just this once. Trust me," Xanatos whispered, and his voice on the cold air seemed magical and warm.

Obi-Wan shivered, and felt his head go light again, and a feeling of numbness passed over him. He wobbled on his feet; they couldn't support him any longer. He opened his mouth, and word passed through his lips, so softly spoken that Xanatos could hardly hear them. "I? I trust you. I trust you? Xanatos."
    Obi-Wan?s legs gave out and he slid down the wall as he lost consciousness. Xanatos rushed forward and caught him just before he hit the ground, and lowered him gently.

"Force!" Xanatos muttered to himself as he quickly checked the young Jedi?s vital signs. They were weakened, but they were still relatively steady. The older man lay Obi-Wan gently on the floor so

3. dimyavie

May 3, 2006
    Xanatos is healing others with his energy? That's such a sad twist, but it shows how much Xanatos has changed. Having Obi only want out if the other prisoner can escape too is so like him. ;) Thanks so much for the chapter! It made my day better (grad school is a bit insane)

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Absolutely brilliant.=D=
    I love it when Xanatos turns back to the light.O:)

Qui-Gon won't be impressed if Obi-Wan and Xanatos form a bond.:oops:

5. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hmm, now I'm worried will Xanantos ever see the sun shine again or only Obi-Wan and the others?

Very nice chapter! =D=

Keep then coming! ;)

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm sorry for neglecting you guys lately, I know it's been forever since my last update! Things are a little crazy, but I will get the next part out in the next few days- I promise! Thanks for the patience, everyone :)

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm caught up and waiting anxiously for future posts...but remember, college comes first.

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey everyone! here is the next post! I am SO sorry it took forever to get out! I'm in a huge rush right now so I am just going to post this real quick and then respond to all your lovely reviews later. THANK YOU for the wonderful comments, they make me so happyyyy <3

As Obi-Wan watched the coughs rack Xanatos? body mercilessly, he could not help but think that the man looked so young, like a lost and helpless little boy. He looked nothing like the Xanatos that had staged attacks on the Temple, or like the man that had risked hundreds of innocent lives simply to reap a profit. Gone was the cocky way he held himself, and the air of coiled danger that had always surrounded him.
    He just looked like a lost child.

"Why would he do this?" Obi-Wan whispered to himself. He felt a light hand on his shoulder, and its touch was warm and comforting. Obi-Wan looked up and was met with the kind glance of the older woman that had helped him regain consciousness earlier. "Ma'am," Obi-Wan said, looking at the woman gently, "please tell me all you know about Xanatos and how he got here."

Obi-Wan spoke quietly, but did not worry that Xanatos could overhear him. He knew of the draining effect that the healing had on a person, and he knew that Xanatos would be concentrating all his efforts on regaining his lost strength.

The woman cast a worried glance over to the hunched Xanatos, and turned back to Obi-Wan. She moved suddenly when she saw the young Jedi waver on his feet unsteadily, and she placed a surprisingly strong hand under his arm to lower him to the ground. She herself sat down after him, and then proceeded to speak.

"I can remember the day that they brought Xanatos here, I don?t think I will ever forget it. I was watching through the bars of my room one day, though I could not tell you what the day of the week was, nor even the month." She shook her head sadly, "I can still remember that he had this beautiful ear length raven hair. He was a handsome young man, and even the mysterious scar on his cheek could do nothing to diminish that. There was a sort of power about him, and I wasn?t sure what it emanated from until I saw his eyes. They were an icy blue that mesmerized you from the start.

"When I first saw him he was struggling with such a vigor and unbridled strength that I was almost sure that he was going to escape, even though he had eight guards surrounding him. They could barely contain him, and he was putting up such a fight that they had to inject something in him. Even to this day, I'm not sure what it was, but it was horrible, what the injection did to him. I've seen the exact injections get put into other beings, and it was one of the worst things you could ever see. I remember a loud gasp that broke through the stale air. I was horrified to see that it was he who had made the noise. It seemed that the boy couldn't breathe for a few minutes. His eyes started to close slowly, but silently I willed him to wake up, to keep fighting.

"When I started to give up hope, his eyes suddenly snapped open, and they burned with a sudden and terrible fire. He started to struggle again, kicking, pulling, punching, anything he could possibly do. I watched in fear as they brought the injection upon him again, puncturing him in the stomach this time. Everything seemed to move in slow motion, and then he stopped struggling, stopped moving. The heart-wrenching gasping started up again, and I thought it would never end."

The woman took a deep, shaky breath, and continued with her tale. "I saw his hand go to his heart, and I feared the worst. But a few moments later, he started to fight again. I knew at that moment that he was something special, something more than normal. The guards seemed surprised also, you could tell by their faces. He started to fight back again, this time taking out two guards. They approached him again with the injection, but didn't pierce him right away. He turned towards my direction as though he had heard me call his name, and I got a chance to look at him. There was no fear on his face. One mercil

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "You are wise, young one, and you are right that we are strengthened by our fears. But how can we confront them when we are paralyzed by them??

Obi-Wan looked at her seriously, and a wisdom beyond his years lit in his eyes. ?It is at that moment that you fight your hardest. It is then, when you think you can do nothing and that all is lost, that you must not lose hope.?

The woman?s eyes filled with tears again, and one trickled slowly down her face. It left a shiny trail down her grime-streaked face, and she smiled tremulously. ?You are so sure,? she said admiringly.

?No,? Obi-Wan said suddenly, surprising the woman by his honesty. ?No, my belief it is not born of surety. I believe because I have to; because if I have lost hope, then I have lost everything.?

Obi-Wan cast his gaze over to Xanatos again, noticing that all the other prisoners in the room surrounded him and wanted to help him. The dark-haired man just calmly waved them all off, but Obi-Wan could notice the slight shaking of his hand and the weak stoop of his shoulders. Qui-Gon?s face suddenly came to Obi-Wan?s mind, and the sharpness of his image made Obi-Wan?s heart ache. No one is beyond redemption until you have lost hope that they can be brought back. You must never lose this hope, padawan, for it is what makes us.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes for a moment, and quieted his mind. His grip on the Force was weak, almost insubstantial, but he felt that it was telling him something. But even the whisper of the Force was not as strong as his heart, whose words he could not mistake.

Once I have lost hope, I have lost everything. To be a Jedi is to believe in the good of someone even when they have hurt you in the past. It is to believe in change, in the triumph of good over all else.

Oh, bravo. So very Jedi - and so very Obi-Wan =D=. I love this rewrite, if you can't tell.

10. dimyavie

May 3, 2006
    Such a lovely update! Having Obi forgive Xanatos is true to his character, and yet a little heartbreaking at the same time. His belief in hope was great, and having him remember Qui was sweet! I look forward to reading more!! Thanks for sharing the story! :D

11. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Excellent update! =D= Ohh and we even got some very Jedi like wisdom. :cool: Nice touch. Keep up the good work! [:D]

12. nancydrewgirl

nancydrewgirl Jedi Master

Jun 10, 2009
    Well, you sure are being awful Jedi-ee today, sprouting off philosophy every which way.

Great job, Jess! Capturing Xanatos is hard enough to do, but capturing a sick and partially redeemed Xan?
    Extremely hard, and yet you make it look so easy!
    Update soon, and may the Force be with you! (This is where you say 'And also with you' like they do in church. 'May the Peace of the Lord be always with you.' 'And also with you.' *Starts laughing.*

I don't know why that makes me laugh, but my dad says that joke all the time. And everytime, it makes me laugh. I guess I'm just easily amused. It's sad, isn't it.

Anyway, great job, keep going, yada yada yada.

~Aubrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.