main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will The Ultra Star Destroyers make an apperance?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sabrajaguar, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    We all know Something nearly Bankrupted the Empire. It was Originly blamed on the Executor, But Since so many SSD were made by so many That accusation was unsubstanciated.

DeathStar, How many have been made? 3,4,5?

Plapatines:
    Eye of Plapy, Da' Suncrusher Obviously, Galaxy Gun(This guy must have No Credit) Would But a Dent in the Empire's banks but Bankruptsy?

Their is only one Explination The Ultra Star Destroyer. We all Know The Galaxy's biggist Spend Thrift must have atlest 2. Lumiya, thoes freaky pasty Dudes in Palpies entourage, They must have gotten something, Where has Black Feet has been all this time.

See their must me 1or 2 USD'sout there. And If our Heros find them, The war with the Vong will start to take a turn for the better!

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Actually,only two destroyers Executor's size are known... Executor and Lusankya.

3. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Are you referring to that unofficial fan-made creation called the Imperium-class, or is there actually an "Ultra Star Destroyer" in the Star Wars universe now...

4. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Executor
    Lunskya
    Razors Kiss
    Iron Fist
    Daala's SSD Calista destroyed
    The Other SSD that was Berthed with the Aforementioned Razors kiss
    Black Fleets SSD(s)

Trais im not making this up. there are alot of SSD's out there

5. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Raptor Rage

Ultra Class is anything Bigger than the Eclipses. Huge Inordiatley large. Like The Archituthus (Forgive misspelling). The Super carrier. The Holy Garil of Construction.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    There's a ton of SSDs in the flight simulator games and RPG books that don't come immediately to mind.

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    It was the superweapons that brought down the Empire. If they just focused on building more ships then they would be fine.

8. RaptorRage

Nov 17, 2001
    I think Trias is saying that if one believes that most of the SSD's are described with the WEG 8km length rather than the movie 17.6km length, that only the Executor and Lusankya are of the 17.6km length. I'd have thought at least the Guardian and the Vengeance from Balance of Power would also qualify for the movie length, judging from the illustrations in Wanted by Cracken and the box art for BoP...

9. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Daala's SSD was the Knighthammer.

10. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm.. offhand..

- Executor
    - Lusankya
    - Knight Hammer (Night Hammer)
    - Guardian (from the WEG RPG)
    - Vengeance (from XvT: Balance of Power)
    - Iron Fist
    - Razor's Kiss
    - Pellaeon had one.. it's in the SW Essential Chrono

There's something like 14 or so listed in the Essential Chrono. I'll check it later.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It was the "Star Dragon" which put the nail in the "ROTJ-Empire's" (to disassociate it with Palpatine's hidden, deep-pocketed, endless-credit Deep Core Empire or the irrelevent fake Empire-wannabe which existed alongside Palpatine's hidden Empire that warlords like Thrawn thought they controlled) coffers.

That was the last major superweapon the Empire gave the green light to before funding was moved to the Dark Empire and the other projects. It's in the hands of a warlord out in Wildspace with his own private army.

12. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Is that Pelly's SSD?

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    While it is a big "freaken" ship, it's actually not a Star Destroyer at all. I'll get you all the info later on.

14. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Where does it say Pellaeon had one ?
    I just searched the Essential Chronology and the closests he ever was to one was perhaps the Knight Hammer.

15. insecttoid3

insecttoid3 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2001
    there was also another ssd mentioned by isard in one of the x-wing books(2nd i think)

she says that the arival of a super star destroyer in orbit was enough to convince dericote to come to coruscant

(ignore my spelling im ty[ing as fast as i can cause i have to get off the comp)

16. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Are there any pics and is it still around for the NJO?

17. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Gosh, these SSD sure are confusing!

18. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Pellaeon's SSD was destroyed by Wedge.

Genghis - Star Dragon??????

I'd LOVE the info on that if you can get it. That's new to me.

19. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Please no. What little credibility the SW universe has would dissapear if they were to make another superweapon.

What is everyone's fixation with superweapons anyway? They're just symbols of power and have no real tactical value.

Even the SSds are pushing it a bit. Although they're not entirely unrealistic, if there were more than one or two it would be a big waste of money.

I'd take five Calamari cruisers over the Executor.

20. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    I always screw it up, wanting to always call it the Star Dragon. The Galaxy Dragon is from a West End Games' SWRPG article in Dragon Magazine #200 (Dec 1993) by SWRPG creator, Bill Slaviscek and SW artist Mike Vilardi. Some choice tidbits from that article:

The Galaxy Dragon
      "As the Galactic Civil War raged on, the Emperor demanded more and more frightening weapons of destruction. Nearly four years after the Empire's defeat at Yavin, on the eve of the Battle of Endor, the Emperor had many top-secret projects in the works in remote sections of the galaxy. Each project was more terrible than the last, and all were designed to increase the Emperor's stranglehold on the galaxy...

...Elsewhere, teams of Imperial technicians labored to finish the rest of the Emperor's secret asenal, including practical cloaking shields, more powerful probe droids, and the prototype for a new combat starship: the Dragon-class Heavy Cruiser.

...Moff Delurin supervised the final test run of the prototype Dragon Cruiser...

...With the Emperor dead, it was time for a new leader to step forward and grasp the reins of the Empire. Moff Delurin decided that he was that new leader. His flagship would be the Dragon Cruiser rumbling powerfully beneath his feet-his flagship, the Galaxy Dragon.
    Delurin then went off into Wildspace and conquered the planet Bormter, taking on the lizard-like warriors, the Bormterrans as his Dragon Troopers. The Galaxy Dragon is the only Heavy Cruiser of its kind. The ship looks like an ISD-length Eclipse with a giant "death's head" skull on the prow. Deluran has two full squadrons of TIES (24 ships), which have all been modified with fairly weak starship shielding for some extra protection. Delurin's Dragon Trooper army numbers at 735, bolstered by an additional 600 Imperial Troopers. He has a crew of 1412 to crew his flagship, less than half of the optimum crew size.

While the thing is no match for SSD's (or ISD's for that matter), it is one of the more interesting superweapons made by the Empire.

An interesting side note. For those who know Dragon Magazine, they did an "all-dragon" issue for their anniversaries. Being Issue #200, that was the whole reason for the whole Dragon-centric scope and why the ship is the Dragon-class Cruiser named the Galaxy Dragon. In essence, we got a SW "dragon" for the all-dragon issue of Dragon magazine. :D

21. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, I'd choose Eclipse and Eclipse II over the Galaxy Dragon for the Ultra Star Destroyers. While the Galaxy Dragon may have been the finacial nail in the coffin, the description of it certainly doesn't compare with these two. Eclipse boasts:

Length: 17,500 meters
    Crew: 712,645 (4,175 of which are gunners)
    Passengers: 150,000
    Cargo Capacity: 600,000 meteric tons
    Consumables: 10 years
    Fighter Compliment: 696 fighters (50 TIE Interceptor squadrons, 8 TIE Bomber squadrons)
    Ground Vehicle Compliment: 100 AT-ATs
    Weapons Compliment: 1 Axial Superlaser, 550 Heavy Laser Cannons, 500 Turbolaser Batteries, 75 Ion Cannons, 100 Tractor Beam Emplacements, 10 Gravity Well Projectors

The Axial Superlaser is essentially a scaled down version of the Death Star's laser if you ask me. The Death Star used eight of these to create a planet destroying laser. This one is strong enough to destroy a continent. And the main hangar bay is large enough to hold a Victory-class Star Destroyer.

The only way to have a true "Ultra Star Destroyer" would be to combine a Star Destroyer with a World Devastator. A ship that is continually changeing and becomeing larger and more powerful. That would be something.

22. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I think what he's referring to is a rumored massive Star Destroyer supposedly 42 km in length, but I don't think it's called the Ultra Star Destroyer. Visit one of the many other SSD threads here and/or consult RaptorRage, who I think is probably the SSD expert.

23. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I submitted the Imperium-class Ultra Star Destroyer to RaptorRage's thread. It's 260 km long- and was done by a fan.

24. RaptorRage

Nov 17, 2001
    Yeah the Imperium was the Ultra SD, that other fan made one I ran across was the Severus-class at 42km, with a bunch of other 'enhancements' that would not work with even Star Wars physics, like being capable of a 180 degree turn in one second, which would splatter the crew all over the bulkheads in the process...

25. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

There is something in role playing called 'stat inflation' and as I understand it, it's where players begin to over estimnate abilities of characters and apply disproportionately large stats, i.e. giving a character a 17 DEX when in reality they would only have a 13, that sort of thing.

First was the Star Destroyer at 1.6 km long, then the Executer at 8/12.8/17.6 km long, then the Sovereign/Eclipse at IIRC, also 15,000 and 17.5 meters- so, in order to have more spectacular ships, they just have to keep getting bigger.

What's next, the 'Uber Ales' class, 1,434 km long, 5 million turbo lasers, a billion TIE fighter squadrons, and supported by a wing of Death Stars?

Give me a White Star any day or a Vorlon deadnought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.