main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Youth of today watch all 6 movies or just the PT???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord-Vegas, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Vegas

Lord-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    By this I mean if you've never seen the SW moveis and decide to watch them for the first time would you get bored after watching the Phantom menace or would you carry on and watch the other 5???

Edit: Will they start to watch ANH, not be impressed by the special effects and switch it off???

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    This thread deals more with the PT than the OT and thus does not belong in this forum.

However, in response to the second part of your question, you might want to check out Go-Mer's thread on the subject.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I think they'll watch all 6. Look at James Bond, many new fans watch and like the old movies.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    1-6 will be the only way to go.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    a recently posted order-of-viewing was nice: 451236

I like to believe that children will always still like to watch the OT
    PT anyway because they're new

6. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    My nieces and nephews always fall asleep during the OT. Heck, they still don't know Luke and Leia are brother and sister!! ?[face_plain] What on earth don't they like about it?

They stay wide awake for the PT movies.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The children that I've shown the OT to have all really enjoyed the OT, and most like them better than the PT.

Still, I think the majority of people will still expierience the series in 456123 order, as I think most SW fans of yesterday and today will present them in that order to their children.

Afterall, it preserves the Vader/Father thing in ESB, and a little kid in 5 or 10 years won't be familar with all the pop-culture references to that twist that have come out over the past couple decades. And, I think most parents that are fans of the series will realize that everyone deserves to be really shocked and surprised by a film at least once in their lives, even if it's only once.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with The2ndQuest. Well said.

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I have a friend who sort-of wants to watch it. He is one of the people that Star Wars, Star Trek (and even The Matrix) are all the same [face_plain]

So I told him I would show him them, but I decided I'm not going to do it until Episode 3, so he can watch them in correct order (1-6).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.