main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will there be a FAN ART show?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Princess-Leah, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    There will be an 'ARTSHOW' at Celebration II. (I'm sure it's all 'pro' art)

But, will there be a place for fans to show their artworks?

If there isn't a fan art area maybe someone could organize something along the lines of a 'show'.

Princess Leah

2. maddjedi21

maddjedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    As far as I know, only "licenses Star Wras artists" will be allowed to sell artwork there. I have been contacted by Wizards of the Coast as to being a guest artist due to my comicbook scifi convention appearances and some of the Star Wars actors and actresses having my work in thier private collections, however, since I am not a LICENSES artist of Lucasfilm I was told by one of the Licensed artists that I could not sell. However, I have not gotten my info packet. So, I will let everyone know as soon as I get confirmation. I have been trying for a while to get into the actual licensed stuff but it's rough.

3. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I was wondering that myself Princess- Leah. An art contest by non-licensed STAR WARS artists would be a great attraction. Let the attendees vote and the winners get special collectibles from the show, a refund for their day pass, or discounts at the STAR WARS stores. Perhaps the grand prize is being given a license to sell STAR WARS art by Lucasfilm. It's a great idea!

You said they contracted you. Does that mean you get paid for doing the show? Are they paying your expenses too? As A non-licensed STAR WARS artist even if you don't sell "STAR WARS" art, it's still great exposure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.