main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will there be a lead legacy hero character in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Immortiss, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Will there be a lead legacy hero character in the ST? *Please explain your vote*

1. Yes

77.4%
  2. No

11.3%
  3. Maybe (Explain)

11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm interested to read what the mob you think. Apologies for any redundancy. Lock if necessary.

Is Daisy Ridley (Kira), Adam Driver, Domnhall Gleason or Oscar Isaacs a Skywalker or Solo? Or, will there be no lead protagonist related to our original heroes? Please vote and comment why or why not?

Votes are public consumption.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Yay, because I say so.[face_whistling];)

3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    When I read legacy hero, my first thought was the now non-canon EU and first thought, oh no, we're going to see people arguing over Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo in the ST.

That being said, I think it's a 95% to 5% break we will see at least one Skywalker or Solo offspring. I think you could make it work without any children, but it would probably be so conveluted, each episode of the ST would probably 8 or 9 hours long/

4. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    I genuinely think Ridley is a legacy character; between the combination of her resemblance to Portman and the depiction of the female protagonist in the concept art I'm leaning towards a Solo daughter ;)

Although, as a Luke fan I would *prefer* her to be his daughter however at the moment I'm thinking she's Leia's kid.

starocean90 and Immortiss like this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Well...Han and Leia were (are?) a couple so the chance of them having a child in the last 30 years is very high. And I can't see them both being involved in this film without some mention/appearance of said child/children. (Unless Carries real daughter was used for this exact purpose and it's a very minor part??)

Luke I don't see as having any offspring...

Ridley will be the daughter of Han and Leia I think...then she is a Solo and a Skywalker -That's the beauty of it!

Revanfan1, Immortiss and Knessa84 like this.
  6. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I vote Maybe. because either there will be or there wont. :p

Immortiss likes this.
  7. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I think/hope Daisy is a Skywalker-Solo (Han and Leia's daughter). It's possible that Luke has a child but I doubt it. I think Gleeson may play that role just because he looks like he could be Luke's son. I'm not exactly buying that Luke's son has become a cyborg villain determined to resurrect his mother. I feel like that would need a prequel in and of itself. Whereas, we know Han and Leia's story. A kid or kids for them doesn't really require backstory. However, if Daisy is living in a junkyard, yeah, we'll need an explanation as to why a privileged woman is living like that or what her purpose is.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah good point... I keep forgetting about the whole live in the destroyed At-At. Unless she is one of those "missionary" types that goes to poor parts of the galaxy to help and lives like said people she has gone to help...?

Immortiss likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    My new favourite theory that I made up is that Daisy Ridley's character is Luke Skywalker's daughter but she was raised as Han and Leia's kid because her dad has been missing for two decades.

10. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Avnar: Possibly. There could be any number of reasons why she is there. She's presumably an adult and can do what she wants. Don't some rich kids feel the urge go live in tents or trailers in Boulder or something? Maybe that's the concept. She's a great mechanic like her dad and wants to do some gritty work for awhile or meditate or who knows. Or she's waiting for a message, is spying for the Alliance, is helping her dad get parts for the Falcon, etc.... I think we won't know who she really is at first. If she and Boyega presumably team up with Han and Chewie to find Luke, I don't see Han being real open to taking with him a (supposed) former Stormtrooper unless someone he trusts vouches for him. To me, that would be his weakness which is his daughter. Plus, Solo is supposedly a huge character in this movie. An older Han that's a dad creates incredible interactions, comedic moments, etc... It writes itself, really.

Immortiss likes this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'm pretty convinced this trilogy is about Daisy and that she's a Solo. This is her story arc and the legacy of the Skywalkers may well be the sub-plot.

I think this gives direct relevance to Leia and Han in the movie if she's their daughter; if one or the other is killed, it adds extra poignancy if the central character is directly related to them. Luke's relevance would then be that of mentor/Jedi master as well as uncle. John's relevance it would seem is to get the story in motion in VII, to partner her on her adventures; perhaps to be a fellow Jedi, and possibly also future romantic interest.

I'm thinking that she is also directly relevant to the machinations of the Big Bad. Perhaps he/she is actively looking for her, and the search for Luke is a 'feint' (for the audience), that Daisy is the true target. Either way, I think her decisions in this movie drive the main story and set key events in motion.

I've said before that I think quite a dark way to go would be for the the very Skywalker lineage to be part of the Sith's master plan. Daisy may well be the culmination of that plan: the ultimate Force user and key in some way to the success of whatever dastardly machinations the Sith have for her.

12. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    CairnsTony Great post. I agree that Luke already will have a connection to the younger generation as a mentor or trainer for one or more of them. Han and Leia need a link to the newer generation as well, so the logical connection is a child. They were a couple when we left them (and may not be anymore) but they need to have something at stake in this new war (other than the politics). It's especially poignant if it centers around the heroics and destiny of their daughter. Luke has a role in that, too, as her uncle and jedi master. I like to think of the Solos and Skywalkers as a family and Kira would embody that.

Immortiss likes this.
  13. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

I absolutely LOVE that idea man. Good job.

Wildcatbarry, BigAl6ft6 and Immortiss like this.
  14. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

that's not a bad idea. I could get behind that

Wildcatbarry, BigAl6ft6 and Immortiss like this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I still hold out hope that, by the time we meet all of our new characters in Episode VII, the remaining two Episodes will largely play as the story of two new legacy characters -- Luke's son (I imagine Gleeson) and Leia and Han's daughter (Ridley) -- along with John Boyega's unrelated character rounding out the lead trio.

It's the story I've always wanted to experience and, until I see or hear otherwise, I think all three possible roles are still very much in-play.

Time will tell.

16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

I actually really like that. Dunno if that'll be it or not, but that's a really cool idea.

While I've been growing a bit more skeptical lately of whether or not Daisy is a Solo or Skywalker, I do really like this post.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My new theory which will probably only last until the next batch of rumors hit is that we have three legacy characters. Adam Driver as the evil son of Han and Leia, Oscar Isaac as their good son, and Daisy Ridley as the daughter of Luke Skywalker.

18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Oscar Isaac is the good son.:confused::p
    [​IMG]

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    to me Daisy is being set up for that

Immortiss likes this.
  20. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    What would be the plot point of Daisy being Luke's daughter but raised by Han and Leia? Why wouldn't she just be Han and Leia's daughter? She's still force sensitive, she's still Anakin's descendant, she would still be trained by Luke and she would be the daughter of two known characters, rather than Luke and an unknown. If she's Luke's daughter, I don't necessarily see her being raised as Han and Leia's daughter from what we can tell. There would be layers of explanation as to why she's living as a junker, as to why she was raised by Han and Leia but living as a junker and as to who was Luke's wife/partner in the first instance, what happened to her, why Luke couldn't raise her, etc.... There's going to be 30 years between ROTJ and Ep. VII. They have to be careful about how much backstory there is. Over-explanation can weigh the story down. If she's Luke's daughter, I can see her just being orphaned or sent to live at another planet in secret. Yeah, another plot rehash, I know. I already think it's a bit of a stretch that she could be in Han and Leia's realm as it is given the rumors and her living circumstances. But I can't get over how much she looks like Leia, and it just seems natural that the couple from the last film which consists of two characters of the main three, wouldn't have had at least one child.

Still, I can see Gleeson being raised by Han and Leia but Luke's son. I think it would be especially interesting if it turned out he wasn't force sensitive but Han and Leia's child was. There you have an interesting twist and it gives more to work with in the relationship between parents and children.

21. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Well, for starters, it's actually one of the better ideas I've heard to set up why Daisy is now living out in the wilderness alone, if she is a Skywalker/Solo. If she's Luke's daughter, then she probably remembers him leaving her with Han and Leia (which could quite possibly be the so-called 'last time' anyone saw Luke before he went missing 10+ years before the start of Ep 7). Perhaps she grew up to resent being left behind and maybe got at odds with her aunt and uncle, eventually deciding to leave and try to find her own (or perhaps just to be left alone).

That's also another great set up how Daisy starts off in the wilderness, I think.

starocean90 and Immortiss like this.
  22. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    Hopefully they'll avoid 2 extremes, one being SW version of Baby Looney Tunes (where Luke has a kid who is a Jedi, Leia and Han have a daughter who is a scoundrel etc), and the other extreme being whole bunch of new characters not related in any way to the big 3.
    So if SW chronicles Skywalkers there has to be at least one Skywalker (preferably more), then some brand new figures and some other loosely related with characters from previous pictures.

Having said that, there could be many Skywalkers around, here are some major channels:

- Luke could have a bunch of kids, he just as a Jedi is not attached/has no formal wife/does not live with mother of his children. There is perhaps another guy that serves in her life as a good (and formal) husband.
    - Lea hopefully had kids, now grown ups.
    [* Warning * text below contains SPOILERS. That's a joke.]
    - Vader, as being insanely sought by rich & spoiled high society spinsters (and married women who wanted some adventure) maybe conceived bunch of descendants that even he does not know of. Note, his name Vader was derived from "invader", which he is, and so it goes with the territory. One of the greatest invaders of all times - Genghis Khan fathered so many children that 0.5% of World’s male population are his direct descendants (as of 2003). Apparently he had hundreds or even thousands of children. Other great invaders, Alexander the Great (4 wives, no children thought), Caesars (orgies), Ottoman sultans (owned harems), had lots of wives or children or both, no way around that. Vader was no different, he even had a female sympathy while he was 9 (she was 14)...
    - Darth Plegious the Wise was apparently mildly obsessed with creation of life, so he created Anakin. Who is to say he did not create others, who were just never discovered by a freak accident/chance/mysterious ways of a Force.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I definitely think there will be. They very much seem to want to link the new movies to the OT and having one of the new actors be related to the big three is the easiest, fastest way to do that and to have us invest in that character. Not to mention that family is such a huge theme in all six movies. I'd still put money on it being Daisy, but if it isn't her, it's someone. Maybe Domhnall or Adam or Oscar.

Eventually, and maybe in episodes X, XI and XII, they'll get away from Skywalkers, but I don't see it happening in this movie.

24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

That could very well happen, if the Luke in Exile rumor is true, but it would be just another "No Luke; I am your Father" moment. Episode VII is already sounding too much like Episode IV as it is. I am holding on to Daisy's Character being Han and Leia's Daughter. :)

Immortiss and Knessa84 like this.
  25. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    Major war in the background and following Skywalkers are two trademarks of SW. One thing that was done consistently (and consistently good) in all 6 pictures is that Skywalkers are not in every frame, yet they are key characters. Narration is technically flawless, sometimes they are in, sometimes not. I hope that stays the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.