main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will there be a lead legacy hero character in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Immortiss, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Will there be a lead legacy hero character in the ST? *Please explain your vote*

1. Yes

77.4%
  2. No

11.3%
  3. Maybe (Explain)

11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

I think it'd really depend on whether or not Daisy remembers Luke, as well as how much truth there is in the Darth Luke rumors. It could easily be that Daisy is very well aware of who her father is, she just doesn't know what happened to him and wants to find out the truth.

BigAl6ft6 and Immortiss like this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I just think that Daisy's Character being hidden from Luke, and being raised by Aunt Leia and Uncle Han, is too much like Luke's situation in the OT; whether or not Luke turns to the Dark Side. Of course she certainly could be Luke's daughter, but I personally do not believe the Cyborg Sith Luke rumor at all.

3. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

It could be, but again, it really depends on how the idea is handled. Since it seems rather likely that Luke will end up instructing 'Kira' in the ways of the Force to some extent, if he is her father, they could actually provide an inverse of the relationship that Luke had with Vader. 'Kira' could learn under her father, sure, but more importantly she could also have this emotionally complex and ever-evolving relationship with him over the course of the trilogy too.

One thing I always point out when writing about Luke's first bout with Vader in TESB is how Luke's Achilles Heel is the subject of his father. It's the underlying element to Luke's character throughout the entire trilogy. He wants to follow in his dad's footsteps. Contrast that with 'Kira' wanting to find her dad and then upon finding him again, the emotional journey she has to go through isn't necessarily a duel over Good and Evil/trying to sway her father back to the Light, but instead an attempt to try and understand how things happened the way they did. Why did Luke leave her? How much has he changed from how she might remember him in the time that he's been gone?

I dunno, I hadn't really thought too much about 'Kira' being Luke's daughter until now, but the more I think about it, the more I think there might be a bit more dramatic potential to work with if she is Luke's daughter than if she's Han and Leia's child. I could certainly be wrong, but I'm really liking this new discussion of "What if she's Luke's daughter?" and where it's going...

4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Still hoping that Domhnall Gleeson is a Skywalker and Daisy Ridley is a Solo.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Definitely this x100.

I could see Isaac or Driver being a Solo son in addition to Ridley, but I don't think they'll both be Solos, unless Ridley is a Skywalker, because the son/son/daughter dynamic might be too much of a repeat of the EU for some. Me personally, I wouldn't mind, but I don't see them doing it. Now, if Ridley is Luke's daughter, then I could see Isaac and Driver both being Solos. But honestly, I'd prefer Isaac as an unrelated factor on the good side, whether military or freelance. Driver, I can take or leave as a Solo. If the rumors of him being an aristocrat collecting Sith artifacts are true, then I don't think it's likely. But only time will tell.

And Gleeson–Gleeson, I'm still hoping is Luke's (non-dark-side-cyborg) son. I do think the idea of him not being Force sensitive despite his father's, aunt's, and likely cousin's Force ability could be a good plot point, similar to Theron Shan from SWTOR. He was from a long lineage of Jedi, but he was not Force sensitive in the slightest–perhaps he got it from his father, who was a Republic soldier. Maybe Luke's wife was a non-Force-sensitive? Now, I'm not saying I want Gleeson to be a non-Jedi (in fact, if it were up to me he would be a Jedi), but I could grow to like the non-Force-user-surrounded-by-family-of-Force-users plotline very quickly if they used it right. It could drive him to excel. Maybe he's an amazing lightsaber fighter in spite of his lack of Force ability? Or maybe he's an expert marksman?

6. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Watch this, and Girls, and tell me Driver wouldn't be the best candidate for main ST villain.

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes. I believe the Skywalker bloodline will be a key element in the ST.

Trebor Sabreon and Immortiss like this.
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Where is the 'No' faction?[face_dunno]I thought I read a few on the Daisy Ridley Thread.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    there is no No faction, waives hand.:p
    you never told us your own opinion on the subject.;)

Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  10. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Here's my new Theory after ROTJ instead of starting a new Jedi Order Luke decided to use the Sith Rule of two. After finding a force sensitive orphan (Daisy Ridley) the pair wandered the galaxy helping those in need and Luke teaching his apprentice (explaining why Luke has been missing). Shortly before (18 months maybe) the events of Episode VII they have a disagreement and go there separate ways , Daisy ending up on Tatooine and Luke on Skellig.
    This would be an easy premise to set up in only a few lines of dialogue and could even be explained in the opening crawl

Immortiss likes this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I say yes because that still makes the most narrative sense to me. If I'm wrong then oh well.

starocean90 and Immortiss like this.
  12. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Basically, this is my position (see my vote) and I've never really seriously entertained the notion that the next generation of main protagonist Star Wars heroes will not be a Skywalker/Solo.

Then the question becomes mired in whether it's Luke or Leia and Han's offspring. I don't want everyone to be related, but I like the idea of siblings and cousins. Looking forward to answers to these questions.

[​IMG]

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I also like the idea of cousins and siblings (family) as it is something we've never seen before in Star Wars (Luke and Leia don't count as they don't find out that they are related until the last movie and there is barely any interaction between the 2 as Brother/Sister).;)

Immortiss likes this.
  14. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I jumped. =D=

Immortiss likes this.
  15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Why can't a solo lead the order ,and the solo/ Skywalker line still continue

Immortiss and CairnsTony like this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you got your first no vote.;)

Immortiss likes this.
  17. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    he waaaaas....he waaaaaaas.

Immortiss likes this.
  18. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

I've been treating the notion of Daisy's character being a Solo or Skywalker more skeptically lately, since there have been conflicting reports on the matter. I naturally assumed she'd be related to the Skywalker family when she was first cast and whenever I don't really think hard about it, I continue to naturally assume that. Now my thoughts seem to be shifting more towards whether or not she's a Solor or a Skywalker in particular, leaning/hoping towards her being Luke's daughter.

Immortiss likes this.
  19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I don't think Daisy's character will be a Solo. Why would she be living in a desert with a crashed AT-AT as a home if she was a Solo? I don't think she's a Skywalker, either.

Immortiss likes this.
  20. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

I do agree with your questioning on how she could be a Solo under those circumstances, though there could be some sort of explanation for it, but I do think she's probably a member of the family. I can easily see her being Luke's daughter though.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Kira (or whatever they call her)"No-I am your daughter!!!"

Luke: "That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

Kira: "Well, no, you see when a boy Jedi and a girl Jedi really, really like one another, they join their midichlorians, and...."

*head explodes*

Episode VII: The Birds and the Bees. And the Monkees. And the Force.

22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I voted yes-holding on to whatever hope I can conjure in this barren wasteland of news that Daisy IS a Solo. It seems more and more that people are thinking this is not the case, but I will still hold stubbornly on to that until Disney/LFL proves me wrong!! [face_plain]

[face_not_talking] So there.

23. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    In that case why did Luke grow up on a backwater desert planet? I think you may have just answered your own question. ;)

Having said that, I've a hunch she knows exactly who she is, and if Luke is missing, she's there as a result. Like I said, a hunch.

24. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I like the symbolism of Kira living inside the belly of a crashed AT-AT. It's like Jonah inside the belly of the Whale or a transforming caterpillar going through metamorphosis inside the cocoon. Kira is getting ready to be born. Very Lucasian. Hopefully it survived the concept phase and is part of the film. I'm betting she's Luke's daughter, too.

25. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Who says she is living in an AT-AT on Tatooine? It is nothing but a rumor so. I don't see it in the artwork either. Daisy's Character being a Solo is still my bet. ;)

Immortiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.