main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will there be a plot in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthLowBudget, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Now, I know what you're thinking, "oh no, some untrue fan is making a thread making fun of star wars because he secretly hates it and thinks the new one will be bad." Not so. I do not mean to question whether or not the new movie will have a plot (as obviously there will be one). Rather I wonder if there will be characters hatching plots in the proud tradition of the PT. Will someone slowly poison Han Solo? Will we ask "Who Shot Ackbar?"

I think that if this is the case Lucasfilm should hire Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert to write the new films, as they have worked together before, and with their combined knowledge of writing complex "plots within plots" from their epic conclusion to Dune and Kevin's knowledge of the the post-ROTJ Star Wars universe, they will be perfect to write episodes 7-9 and beyond.

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The prequels were about a plot. I'm not sure if a similar structure in the ST will be a good thing. (And I keep thinking Star Trek whenever I see that abbreviation!)

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    There is always a plot being hatched somewhere... be it the Empire plotting a doomsday weapon with the Death Star and Death Star II, or be it Vader trying to turn Luke to join him against the Emperor in TESB or the Emperor trying to turn Luke to replace Vader at his side in RotJ.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll bite... Kevin's SW knowledge may be a bit behind now, but I believe he still reads the EU, if his use of the species name 'Klikiss' for an insectile species is any indication. Though the poisoning of Mon Mothma was a novel idea for KJA (Jello would be able to attest).

There are more recent authors, like Aaron Allston, Matthew Stover or Timothy Zahn I'd prefer, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.