main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will there be audio books for all new canon novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Snokers, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I'm currently reading A New Dawn and plan to read either Tarkin or Lords of the Sith after that, I noticed the only new novel with an audio book available is Heir to the Jedi which was released around the same time as AND and yet it doesn't have one yet. Does anybody know if they will be releasing audio books and when?

(The audio book service I use is Audible, the one you get on Kindle Fire.)

Cheers!

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

All of the (not young reader) novels have audio book versions.
    http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Tarkin-Star-Wars-Audiobook/B00O4IDJDE
    http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fa...f=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1437213980&sr=1-1
    http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fa...tail-page&pf_rd_p=1814705522&pf_rd_s=center-4

spicer likes this.
  3. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    That's weird, I can't see them at all on my kindle. Only showing the old legends stuff..

Edit: Just figured out the problem, they're not available on the UK Audible for some reason.

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Odd, can't you just order them and then link them to your Kindle?

5. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Does anybody know if there is an app out there that can make the narrator's voice on these audiobooks sound like Fran Drescher's?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I love audiobooks. :cool: I want the narrators all to sound like Sir Patrick Stewart. =P~ [face_laugh]

7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Go to amazon. The audiobook for Dark Disciple was the one that sold the best.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    :mad:

They're increasingly doing that (or, rather, not doing it) with books.. it's so annoying.

9. Snokers

Jul 8, 2015
    Zorrixor I know, I think it's all to do with rights and who owns the material and all that but if the audiobooks are available in the USA and other places they should be available here aswell.

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    You can also buy them on the German Audible site, which is how I used to do it.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Gorefiend I get so much off the German site too, yeah. (Clone Wars Season 6, I'm looking at it.)

It's baffling, though, what regulations and/or tariffs and/or whatever are causing the UK to be overlooked. With DVDs I can maybe, sort of, possibly understand that shipping to the continent might be more worthwhile than just to one island, but... with digital products, that inherently have the advantage of no storage or shipping costs, I continue to be at a loss as to what the UK is doing to make it more obstructive than other EU countries.