main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will there be pressure/expectation to make Episode X-XII right after IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I agree. I think that a great trilogy about the Old Republic and the Origin of the Jedi and the Sith would be something like this:

1. The Origin of the Jedi
    2. The Origin of the Sith
    3. Darth Bane and the Rule of Two

The only problem would be that these films would have to be spaced out over thousands of years, so it would be a bit difficult to establish a firm continuity, but I think it could be pulled off.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope so, it would great if they make 15 different trilogies.. it would be so great for Star Wars more trilogies.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No, because that would destroy the Three Act Structure replete in each episode, each trilogy and the Skywalker Saga. If they're wise they'll repeat something similar in a Prequel Saga taking place thousands of years from the Original Saga and use the ST to introduce potential plot and elements, like that ancient looking lightsaber in the teaser trailer.:-B

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Other trilogies for sure, but not related to the Saga.

Immortiss likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    after this they need to move on and call it a new saga because it will just not work IMO.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Too soon to say. I just want more SW.

7. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    I was just talking about with with my 9-year old (who is a complete SW fan, like me) and she asked if there will be Episodes 10, 11 and 12, and then 13, 14 and 15. I told her, "I don't know if they will go out that far but you can be assured that you will be watching new Star Wars movies when you're with your grandchildren." Star Wars is with us for life. Just like baseball and apple pie.

DARTH_BELO, TKT and ShaneP like this.
  8. Red_Leader_313

Red_Leader_313 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    From a business standpoint it's clear that Disney is going to be making Star Wars films for a long, long time.

I think it's naive to assume that the decision-makers at Disney would be insensitive to their audience's reactions and the general climate of the marketplace. If people are tired of connected cinematic universes, and the market can't bear the films, they'll devise a strategy to accommodate the trends of the market while still releasing products.

I am of the mind that there will be a new trilogy about ten years after episode IX. Whether this trilogy is a "saga" film or a new independent story, who knows. (I like the idea of exploring the distant past of this universe, so I'd love to see KotOR) The existing strategy seems to "open up" a new era in the timeline, and then do adjacent products within that time fame. So as the NT unfolds, we'll be seeing a deluge of video games, books, and maybe even a new television series set within that era.

Only when that era is milked dry will they expand the saga further.

9. Tyranus_Reborn

Tyranus_Reborn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2014
    If the films are financially successful - and they most likely will be, although the success of episodes VIII and IX will depend in large part on how the general public responds to episode VII- then there will be enormous pressure from Disney and their investors to develop subsequent entries. Conversely, there is always the chance that if the quality of the franchise is not maintained - or even if we get into a diminishing (creative) returns situation - then Disney will forestall future episodes much like Sony and Marvel did with their Spider-Man franchise.

10. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Let's face it. At this point, having become a property of a media giant like Disney, Star Wars is set to go on almost indefinitely, much like the Bond franchise. They'll be making Star Wars films long after we've all joined the choir invisible.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I hope for no pressure at all. I just want an entertaining trilogy and to enjoy some of the new characters along with my favorite.

12. Tyranus_Reborn

Tyranus_Reborn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't want countless films at the expense of quality, but money talks. Look at the TF franchise. Critically derided, but hugely successful in the international action market.

13. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    I think the two existing trilogies are going to cause Disney a few problems as they will impede their ability to create a cinematic universe in the same way as they have with Marvel. A trilogy in the old republic will have to tread extremelly carefully to come off as just a rehash of the main saga or even diluting the importance and power of Vader and Sidious.A few stand alone movies in the old republic could be good to set up a trilogy set far into the future of the GFFA though, I know a lot of people dont like the NJO but a invasion of the Galaxy by a species that has be been slowly infiltrating the galaxy for millenia could be a good way to go rather than rehashing the sith versus jedi

14. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Film them. Film All of Them. Now.

TKT likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Episodes 10-12 will happen eventually. Hopefully not right after Episode 9 though. Several years later.

I hope to see an Ancient Republic trilogy set during the Jedi and Sith wars.

I also want to see a movie trilogy set hundreds of years after the current movie saga.

16. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I think Disney will try to milk solo films for awhile before doing a 10-12. There's no need to rush

17. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Disney will make 10-12 at some point. They will milk SW for all they can. I don't care if they make a lot of films if the quality is high.

18. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Lack of quality hasn't slowed them down with Marvel films. Probably won't slow them down with SW either.

19. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    remake 1, 2 and 3...

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

How about no.

CountSolo likes this.
  21. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I think they will be adjusting the long term gameplan in response to the spin-offs. Oh, they like Rogue Squadron? Here comes a butt-load of BSG-style fighter films. Bounty Hunter/crime films work? Get set for Boba's 11 et al. Just no Fifty Shades of Dark Side, please.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

That last one sounds [face_sick].

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Oy, I read the title way too fast...personally, I would like Disney to take it slow. If the new trilogy is a hit and they come up with a conceivable batch of sequels, take their time in making the sequel trilogy to this sequel trilogy. If they can continue with good stories for these new characters, okay, go for it, but slowly.

I would love if they used Dawn of the Jedi for a trilogy though, so much fascinating stuff packed into those comics.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I say at the earliest they can do another trilogy in 15 years.

25. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    2027 will be 50 years since A New Hope so celebrations will be strong. Episode X would be perfect that year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.