main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will there be Stormtroopers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ichor_Razor, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    This was probably already discussed but just in case it wasn't, will there be Stormtroopers and/or their variations in the next trilogy? I mean, surely there may be some still around serving under the Imperial Remnant or whatever, right?

Discuss!

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably will be

3. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Of course, We need shiny white soldiers who can't shoot. Wouldn't be star wars without their competence.

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    There better be, and I hope they aren't CG like the clones were.

Han Shot First likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There probably will be, but not a lot since most of them were wiped out during ROTJ. I'd like to see them working with the Rebels fighting against a more powerful Imperial force.

6. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I liked the fact in the OT that each movie had a new type of storm trooper ( normal, snow trooper, biker scouts) so would love to see more. I also think the death squad and royal guards were under used so maybe some more story for them in the new movies.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

7. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Probably, but not that many if any. Technically they should have all died off by this episode, if it's 30 years later, and I'm sure they cancelled the order of troops... possibly. They also age twice as fast as a normal man. Maybe we'll see that they integrated themselves and now there are a lot of people that look like they could be related to Jango in the Universe.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not all stormtroopers were clones though. By A New Hope the proportion that are clones is down to one third.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's quite probable that there will be some or some variation on that theme.
    My hopes are that they are not CGI and that we get actors in suits and also that they are not that incompetent as in the movies.
    ANH stormtroopers can be forgiven...they were more or less supposed to let the rebels escape from the Death Star but the ROTJ fiasco needs to avenged!

Han Shot First and TreborSabreon like this.
  10. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, i hope there are still Empire remnants, and stormtroopers, of course.

11. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I'd be suprised if there were NO Stormtrooper if the ST takes place shortly after the OT. I think there would have been too many of them in the OT not to show up at some point in the ST. However, if the ST takes place 30 years after ROTJ, then I'm not so sure. The war is over. The Empire has been defeated. There wouldn't be a need for the Stormtroopers as there was in ROTS-ROTJ. So from my point of view, it really depends on the timeframe that we're talking about.

Alderaan Luke likes this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes please! And REAL people in REAL suits! :mad:

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    YES! YES! YES!

Probably be a ton of ST armor everywhere, trophies, in junk yards, used by Bounty Hunters etc...

14. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes, and the stormies have to be like this:

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  15. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Yeah, has to be real people. Though CGI troopers didn't ruin my viewing experience in AOTC and ROTS ... it definatley took me out of the movies somewhat because of how fake they looked. You can't beat the real thing... just stick an extra in a fiberglass suit.

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Extras in a suit, yeah, but I hope they make the armor look a bit more like...well, armor.
    Make it a bit thicker and bulkier, not very much, just a bit.

17. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    This is a very good question, since around 30 years will probably have passed. Perhaps there will be a new variation on the classic armor, redesigned as some kind of 'New Republic' soldier. Bear in mind, though, at least at first, that the galaxy probably will not be at war, so might not need them so much.

Unless, of course, we jump straight into the action, the way episode 4 did.

18. Homesick

Homesick Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    Even though they may not be at war, having an army may bring them some sort of security. The events that they all had experiences would give them warrant to this. But, I am very interested in seeing, if they do have some variation of ST, and what changes they have made, cosmetically, and to the soldiers themselves.

19. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Totally agreed. I guess the lack of suits in AOTC didn't hurt my experience, but way in the back of my mind I was conscious of it. They had all the Jedi actors on a mass scale in the arena with a fake background, why couldn't they do the same out in Geonosis fields during that 'dust storm'? You just need a real location with....well, dirt lol and put the fake background in later, or even do it with no real location, just real actors and fake dirt and fake background.

20. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I think the trooper armor would be a symbol of the empire, so any kind of republic army wouldn't use it. I can see mercs or pirates using the armor to strike fear in their victims.

If the republic has a standing army I would like to see a totally new design; not based on stormies or emperial gaurd.

21. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, not really. The Emperor only said that the forces on Endor were a "legion of his best troops", and considering that Mothma said that the "Imperial Fleet is spread around the galaxy in a vain effort to engage us" - you can bet they have stormtroopers on those ships as well.

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    More than likely. I think people will expect to see the Empire, and I believe it'll be the Imperial Remnant. I doubt very seriously the Rebellion/New Republic will have been fighting the Empire for 40 years post ROTJ.

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    In fact, I have a leaked image of the new stormtrooper armor we'll be seeing in Episode 7.

[​IMG]

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  24. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Pretty much this.
    The Stormtrooper is one of the most iconic parts/designs of the SW universe, together with Vader, Boba Fett and Artoo/3P0. They need to be in it. Vader and Fett doesn't though, they died.

25. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Robot Chicken

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.