main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will there ever be another live action Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by IAMJOEKING, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I would truly like to see Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia move the Star Wars story along like what they've done in the expanded universe. I'd like to see that in a movie. What about the new characters like Joruus C'baoth, Kyp Durron, Brakiss, and many others?

They can't leave those stories to just books. We got to see how Luke Skywalker became a Jedi Knight. I'd like to see Luke as a Jedi Master on film.

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Mark_Hamill_%282007%29.jpg] [image=http://rumorsmagazine.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/harrison-ford-picture-1.jpg] [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KkXx6fq12mU/SzhWlW6ODRI/AAAAAAAALFY/U5kmJLfpFe8/s400/celebritypukecom-fisher.03.jpg]

Unless you want to see the Big Three played by other actors - UNACCEPTABLE - it's not really gonna work.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000

Man, you're funny. Of course they would be played by someone else.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Uh-huh. You could accept any of them, let alone all three, being played by other actors? In animation, perhaps, but those three characters belong to the Big Three who made them what they were. Have a listen to the radio dramas & then decide if Han Solo deserves to be portrayed by someone else trying really, really hard to capture the magic.

In ROTJ, they blew up the second Death Star, knocked off Darth Vader & his Emperor, Han & Leia got together, Luke became a Jedi Knight. And they all lived happily ever after. The end.

That's right - The end.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Mark should play Sidious in an OT remake.

6. Richard_Kenobi

Richard_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2010
    I really want to see episode 7, while all the original cast are still alive it should be done. Harrison pulled Indy off in Skull. So I'm sure he could do a older Han set like 25 years after Jedi. With all the new characters and a few new ones. Luke should have a beard like old Ben he would look distinguished, serene.

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I really don't think any of them are up to do another star wars movie..

Anyway, I want them to back further in Star Wars, do movies about some of the expanded universe stuff...

8. Richard_Kenobi

May 29, 2010
    I think Mark would be more then up for it. I watched this interview with Mark and he said Mr Lucas asked him once how he would feel if he was to pass the Saber on to someone else. So he as definitley thought of episode 7 but this interview was a long time ago...

I just feel while they are still alive it would be a shame and a missed chance when they have gone. It doesnt have to be 7 to 9. I would be more then happy with just episode 7. One last awesome cinematic treat.[face_idea]

9. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    A re-casting could go either way. I think it did ok for the Star Trek movie. I think fans were ok. But then, I haven't paid a visit to the StarbTrek boards to know for sure. Curiously, I didn't really care that they were re-casting the original cast of Stat Trek. But for some reason, the thought of re-casting the Big Three makes my skin crawl.

But it would really depend on who try get to play the roles. And how the fans are going to feel about it. A new generation of fans may be more receptive than us "older :p ) ones.

I'm against a re-make. If it ain't broke, why fix it. I think that while GL says the story of DV has been told, then if new movies are made, they should be set in different eras of SW history.

Eventually a remake will happen. It's only a matter of time. After GL passes on, someone will approach his kids(or theirs) and the $ will be in their eyes.

10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    And then the fans will begin a massive boycott and call for their heads on silver platter.

11. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Well, that is the risk. I would be among those fans screaming for their heads.

12. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
  13. Richard_Kenobi

May 29, 2010
    Two chewbacca's lol. I did laugh when it cut to Mr Lucas just sat there. I must admit thought I could do a much better ep 7, full of ideas like most of us on here.

14. ChosenOne314

ChosenOne314 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    I doubt there will be another movie. I think if there's any kind of movie it'll be something like the Clone Wars movie and series. I do like the Clone Wars stuff and Lucas is very involved in them.

I'd like to see something about Vader hunting down the Jedi between ROTS and ANH.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I realize this topic isn't exactly what the original poster was talking about, but I just found a fair example of what I meant when I said I'd like to see the original plan for the films (other filmmakers' original takes on the basic material of Star Wars)... Blackstar Warrior.

You can't tell me you wouldn't watch that.

It's humor-infused and parodic, but then so is the original film - a pseudo-send-up of Republic serials, with tons of references to other genres. I find I enjoy these kinds of ideas; alternate stories that take place in what is ostensibly the same universe, but may or may not connect to ALL of the filmic conflicts and characters. They make the universe feel larger instead of smaller.

16. Kdilly66

Kdilly66 Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2009
    I hope not the spirit of star wars has already endured enough and to make more would just be like making money off a dead celebrity "cough" "cough" [eps1]

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This.

18. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I dunno, it sounds like Lucas is slowly getting the itch to do more. Maybe he'll scratch it with the upcoming live action TV series (if that's still on).

New Republic trilogy? The actors are getting old enough.

19. janstett

May 29, 2004
    Supposedly he was going to be on Kasyyyk with Chewie fairly late in the script rewrite process.

20. janstett

May 29, 2004
    Right there he tips his hand; he has thought about it at some level. How can he say something is not what he would have done if he hasn't thought about doing it?

21. Merchandising

Merchandising Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I think a fairly radical reboot in the vain of something like Star Trek or Batman Begins is a pretty exciting idea; give it a complete stylistic overhaul. Go back to the times of the Old Republic, and put aside the Skywalkers and all other known characters entirely. Lucas should ?oversee? the project, and turn it over to other creative people for a fresh take on the universe.

LucasArts made a whole slew of lousy SW computer games for years, they then turned their intellectual property over to a decent development house called BioWare, who went on to completely reinvigorate that world in a way that the in-house team simply didn?t know how to.

Maybe a lot of the future of Star Wars hangs on how this proposed live action TV series pans out? If it works, it will add years of interest to the Star Wars franchise.

22. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    You could do it with animation. That's what I think will happen. Not features, but perhaps episodic television.

23. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Hey now. LucasArts had a mind-blowingly stellar run during the 90s. They only really began to falter in 1999, but that can be said of the franchise as a whole (prequels, NJO; 1999 is when the fanbase fragmented).

24. Merchandising

Merchandising Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I was generalising a bit.

Not meaning to derail the thread, but it?s pretty common knowledge that KOTOR changed stuff.

But I think you get what I mean; fresh blood, fresh perspective and all that.

25. Derrville

Derrville Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2010
    If they do id bet it be about the Old republic. It will cater to the hardcore and the casual fans alike because of the success of the video games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.