main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will they know who Padme is?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    does it matter whether they know who she is or not?

I very much doubt she will be that important to the plot, unless the Japor necklace is really the kaibur crystal and is the only thing that can defeat the enemy

in other words Abrams, Disney, Kennedy..don't you dare :p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The way I see it, the issue over Leia remembering her mother is one of the more glaring flaws in the narrative and in the way the two existing trilogies fit together, the whole Padme issue is one best left alone. There is no real need to pick at that scab, better to steer clear of it.

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    One could argue that she remembers Bail Organa's wife, but...yeah, that doesn't work since Luke emphasised "your real mother."

Either way, don't mention her (or anyone else for that matter) unless she (he/it) serves the story and moves the Saga forward.

4. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Oh, there are all kinds of "explanations", it's just that none of them really work well. Better to avoid the whole character moving forward. It's not like she played a large role in the lives of the characters that will be featured in the ST anyway. Obviously she played a much larger role in Anakin's life, but I don't want to see Anakin either.

5. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    "do you remember the OT? the real OT?"

"images really, bad transfers"

oh wait wrong thread
    ------

in all honesty, Leia remembering her mother doesn't have to even remotely be hinted ast in this new sequal,

as i always say,

stop looking to the past people, look to the future with a new storyline, new director, new life

6. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That's what I'm saying, better to leave that all behind, the Padme character is best left as is. They shouldn't even bring her up.

7. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    yeah i know :p

i was agreeing without saying "this" :p

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  8. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    A simple background holo-pic of Padme, seen but not commented on, in Leia and/or Luke's chambers will suffice to connect the PT to the ST without drawing the ire of those who despise the PT.

laurethiel1138, eht13 and DarthBreezy like this.
  9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe Han Solo will hunt down a replicant modelled after Padme.
    Played by Rutger Hauer.

What? A lot of data and historical facts from the Old Republic got messed up during Imperial times, it's possible.

10. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    The Force Ghosts know who she is...

11. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Ah! Common sense prevails. This is the most effective, efficient and best way to deal with it. Her holo amongst many others also not commented on.

12. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    It would be cool if she was mentioned in a way that isn't Luke or Leia saying "My mom was Padme Amidala" or something. It'd be interesting to have something named after her. I thought maybe a group of soldiers, that Luke or Han was leading, would be fitting but the "Padme Squad" or the "Amidala Battalion" just doesn't hit the ears right. Perhaps a code name for a strike/attack could work, like "Amidala is a go", or something political like the "Amidala Act". I don't want anything forced but maybe just a nice and quick nod to the character to show us that Luke and Leia know who she was.

laurethiel1138 and DarthBreezy like this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe a quick mention but I doubt it matters much. The series can survive without mentioning every single character from the prequel trilogy, IMO

14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I would not have a problem with her being in there somewhere as some sort of an Easter Egg as is being suggested here, I just don't think they should address her as a plot point. A picture or something in the background would be fine with me.

themetresgained likes this.
  15. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    If George was directing he would have a scene where Luke is looking at a picture of his mom to build nostalgia and say something cheesy like "she was so beautiful". Then the whole audience would throw up.

16. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I doubt it, and I don't think it's important to mention her.

17. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I think one of the things they need to sort out in the PT is a new born being able to remember her mum being beautiful and sad. I really hope someone goes back and changes these descrepencies. but thats just my opinion.

Yep, this sounds good to have a twist in there where they find out the whole truth. Also for luke or leias reaction toward OB wans decapatation pf their father.

Yor mother was steaglled by your father, hense the reason you safely remained anonomous!

18. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Unfortunately, Leia remembering her mother is going to remain an example of not paying enough attention when writing the PT. That along with "No. There is another.", which implies to the audience that Obi-wan was not aware of Leia at the time of Episode V. All that needed to happen for that to hold was to have Luke born in Ep III and wisked away by Obi-Wan for safe keeping before anyone realized there were twins......

The Hellhammer and The Bops like this.
  19. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Oh, I'd forgotten about that 'there is another' scene. I've said for years that they could have just made the Leia-remembers-her-mother explained by her being born first and Padme actually being able to hold her for a while so Leia forms some sort of instinctual Force bond. Or something.

20. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    If few things were that important 20 years after ROTS, why would they be important 50 years after ROTS?

21. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I hope so. Liea knows already & was asked by luke about her. What kind of son would luke be to not want to find
    out everything about his real mother.

22. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I agree! I really cant understand how George did'nt see the conflict while making the PT. I watched Episode 4 last night and at some points really dont tie in, which i find annoying. i hope the consistancy is kept along side the OT with episode 7.

Oh and please, no padme force ghost, but i have faith in abrams to not make us cringe.

23. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    How can the issue of Leia remembering Padme be a "glaring flaw", when her memories are at best, vague recalls of Padme's emotions? And why do fans continue to exaggerate this topic? What I cannot believe is that no one even bothered to question the idea of Padme raising only Leia for a few years, while leaving Luke with the Lars.

So, to me, there is no excuse to ignore the topic of Padme altogether.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Ghost-Obi really needs to sit Luke down and say, "Look, you're mother's name was Padme, and she was really hot."

Pensive Padme and Bob Octa like this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Obi-Wan: Look, your mother's name was Padme, and she was really hot.
    Luke: Dude, that's my mother.
    Obi-Wan: Hey, I'm just saying... I was pretty jealous of your dad sometimes.

:p

Son of a Bith likes this.