main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will they make figs of the stars in the Clone Wars TV show?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    It would be so cool!
    I want an ARC clone trooper !
    They are already gonna make a sith witch but what about the others?

I WANT AN ARC !!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) [face_blush]

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Yes, there will be an entire line devoted to the series.

Here is an excerpt from Starwars.com:

Clone Wars Basic Figures (Approximate retail price: $4.99)
    The basic figures in the Clone Wars collection include new versions of key characters kids loved in Episode II with cool gear like the Starfighter Pilot Anakin, ready to lead the clone armies into the battle. Also in the line are new villains to battle the Jedi. Nine Clone Wars figures are planned for 2003 including new versions of Yoda and Mace Windu.

Clone Wars Multi-Packs (Approximate retail price: $9.99)
    Beginning in the fall, kids and collectors can begin building up their troops for mass battle action with three-packs of clones, droids and Jedi figures. Additional figures include Destroyer Droid with Launcher, a new Bounty Hunter with Speederbike, and New Clone Commando with Speederbike.

Clone Wars Vehicles
    No Star Wars battle is complete without the awesome firepower and thrilling maneuvers of iconic vehicles. Elevating the conflict between the Republic and the Separatists in the Clone Wars, Hasbro plans to offer six different authentically detailed vehicles that fit the 3-3/4 inch figures, each loaded with working action features and battle weapons:

* Clone Wars Republic Gunship (Approximate retail price: $29.99)
    The biggest of the Clone Wars vehicles! The clone army's most powerful battle machine, the heroic Republic Gunship has a new Clone Wars look. The handle on top allows kids to transport the action anywhere and launch into battle with its firing laser cannons, a deployable troop platform, opening canopy, and rotating wing blasters.

* Vehicle Assortment (Approximate retail price: $19.99)
    The Clone Wars battles take place on the ground and in the air. These five great vehicles enable you to recreate the action on both. The Geonosian fighters are back in the Clone Wars to battle against the Republic. The Geonosian Fighter vehicle comes with an exclusive Geonosian Pilot figure featuring blast-out side cannons. The Hailfire Droid recreates the massive firepower seen in the Episode II scenes with eight firing missiles on each side of the vehicle. Also available is the new Anakin Skywalker Starfighter, a souped-up, maxed-out starfighter that Anakin has enhanced with firepower and speed. Two additional vehicles will be available, including the Armored Assault Tank (AAT) and a new Jedi Starfighter, first seen in the Jedi Hangar deleted scene on the Episode II DVD.

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I think you're going to see a lot of molds reused and repainted for the Clone Wars line. So while there will be figures for the cartoon, they're not going to be cartoon accurate.

Not counting remolds, I think there are only three new figures: the Sith witch, a bounty hunter, and the ARC trooper.

The new vehicles, the Geonosian fighter and hailfire droid, we would have probably gotten as part of the Episode II line, cartoon or not.

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I feel the need to once again point this out...perhaps it should be in my signature...

The Clone Wars toy line is not just for the cartoon, but the entire Clone Wars EU campaign.

The characters used in the cartoon are shared by the comic books, novels, games, etc. This is why the toys are not "cartoon accurate", because that won't be the only way these characters are portrayed. In fact the stylized look of the cartoon will be the minority, compared to other EU sources.

Also, B'omarr...while we will only be getting three or so new characters the line will also include new molds for existing chracters.

5. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Also, B'omarr...while we will only be getting three or so new characters the line will also include new molds for existing chracters.

I'll believe that when I see it. If the new 'version' of Yoda or any other character is anything like the Rambo version seen on Hasbro's press release, I'll pass. "New version" does not mean new mold. This is Hasbro, they will cut corners.

And although the clone wars will continue through comics and games, the cartoon will probably be the most popular. If it's successful at all, I see no reason why we could at least *hope* that there would be figures based on the animation.

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Not counting remolds, I think there are only three new figures: the Sith witch, a bounty hunter, and the ARC trooper."

Um, we've already seen the Clone Wars "rambo" Yoda, and I'm sure there will be many, many, figures.

Heck, half of the entire 2003 line has the "Clone Wars" tag attached, and they've already announced the following characters...

Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars)
    Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)
    Count Dooku (Clone Wars)
    Jango Fett (Clone Wars)
    Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
    Mace Windu (Clone Wars)
    Mandalorian Warrior (Clone Wars)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars)
    Sith Witch (Clone Wars)
    Yoda (Clone Wars)

(That was from Rebelscum)

There'll be plenty, don't worry.

7. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    ha, i'd like to see hasbro try and not capitalize on a new star wars tv show... that would be the die, they have almost run dry of new ways to re-release the same figure over and over again, so i think maybe this gives them another reason...

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Mandalorian warrior makes little sense.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Mandalorian warrior makes little sense."

Hey, I didn't make up the list, I just copied and pasted it. :p

Ooohh! And Hothy-Babe! :D [face_love] [face_love] Haven't seen you around in a long time it seems! :( I noticed you got IM and (because I'm stalking you...) I put you in my buddy list, but you're never on! :( :mad:

WHERE'S MAH BABE? :_|

10. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, apparently it does make sense, it has to do with the cartoon in all likelyhood.

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Oh no Sithy's got an internet crush.

It sound's promising,but I don't like The New Yoda,I've alwasy's rembered what Yoda said "War not make one great"

12. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "Well, apparently it does make sense, it has to do with the cartoon in all likelyhood. "

Considering how Jango is supposed to be the last Mandalorian it doesn't. I guess they could one show up but I just think that would be done. It would be like a Jango replacement.

13. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    HOW THE HECK IS THERE A JANGO FETT FIGURE [face_laugh] LOL [face_laugh]

and i knew about that list, its just i want to know how many stars from the TV SHOW will have figs made?

jango fett (clone wars) LOL [face_laugh]

14. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    well..when does AOTC cartoon start? will it be possible to find out where/when they are playing in my area? would they be avail on DVD?

15. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    jango's ghost?

16. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Two additional vehicles will be available, including the Armored Assault Tank (AAT)

NO WAY! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

well..when does AOTC cartoon start
    Fall
    Its not AOTC, its the clone wars
    Its TV, not a full length

I dont think so ret, maybe they mean boba, that would be cool.

17. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Um, we've already seen the Clone Wars "rambo" Yoda, and I'm sure there will be many, many, figures.

But look at the list you posted, Sithman. Almost all of those figures have been made before for the saga line. And the Clone Wars 'rambo' Yoda was just a retooled Saga yoda. That's what I mean by remolds. The Clone wars figures a likely going to be slightly altered Saga figures except for the three new ones (Sith Witch, ARC Trooper, bounty hunter mandalorian guy) I mentioned above.

18. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    The other jedi will probably be ramboized too.

19. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    And the Clone Wars 'rambo' Yoda was just a retooled Saga yoda.

Why are you so insistent on that point...

Clone Wars Yoda

Saga Yoda

...those aren't the same figures.

The arms - Both are completely new. Sleeves, hands, everything.

The legs - Saga Yoda stands with his right leg foreward in a very dynamic pose. Clone Wars Yoda stands with legs spread. Definitely new.

The torso - Because of the pose this also has to be new, and you can't reuse the Ep1 torso either.

The head - Yep, that's a rehash alright...appears to be the Saga head.

So, all told that's a completely new figure except for the head. Reusing heads is nothing new, it happened to Obi Wan on the POTF2 line. While it's technically a "retooled" figure, when everything but the head changes, I call that a new figure.

Therefore Clone Wars Yoda is a new figure...it remains to be seen if the rest of the Clone Wars line will be as well, but don't assume they are all rehashed stuff when we haven't seen them yet.

20. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gendi) with Speeder Bike

this is a new deluxe fig, i think this is the same mandalorian bouty hunter in the clone wars baisic pack.

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I just want that Clonetrooper 3-Pack. :D [face_shocked] :D

\\tongue lolls out of mouth\\

22. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Why are you so insistent on that point...

I don't see much reason to build up expectations for this new line so far. New body sculpt or not, that rambo Yoda is pretty silly looking, IMO.

What I think would be really cool to see would be the "stylized" animation shown in the cartoon consistant across the comics and games. That would probably make the comics too kiddy for some tastes, I guess, but a cell shaded video game would be sweet. Then Hasbro would have no excuse for not having figures based on the animation ;)

Anyways, Hasbro is supposed to have a show or another press release sometime very soon, so we may be seeing more in the next week or so.

23. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    What's a gendi?

24. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Maybe for Jango Fett (clone wars) it will be Jango's grave, complete with tombstone.

Of course that would be pretty morbid, even for Hasbro to do.

25. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Durge

Figured y'all would care. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.