main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will they reveal Reys Midi-Chlorian count in episode 8?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NorthBayForce, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Will Midi-Chlorians make a comeback?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Midi-Chlorians aren't a thing. . .

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    With Rey showing her force potential do you think they will bring back Midi-chlorians for episode 8?

Or

Will Midi-chlorians never be referenced again in Star Wars?

2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't know much about Rian Johnson, but I would say that the chances of this happening depend entirely on whether or not he differs from Abrams and Kasdan in understanding and caring about the mythological and archetypal underpinnings of the franchise (they most decidedly don't).

3. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    It's time to film a trilogy about midichlorians, Micro Star Wars

Allana_Rey and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  4. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    That can be all George Lucas

Allana_Rey likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    She has midiclorians type S, type "I am speciul".

EternalHero likes this.
  6. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    For gods sakes nooooooo! Can we just go with her being strong with the Force?

Rhyoth and Chunkydumb like this.
  7. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    Logically, probably not, it seems they lost the midi-chlorian counters a long time ago.

8. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I've felt midichorians have only been brought up when necessary in the past. As such, they were used to discover Anakin's potential to become a powerful Jedi. In this case, Rey has already proven herself as a Force sensitive being, so there'd be no further point in testing her.

9. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    Midis should play a huge role since they can be manipulated to create life and so on and so on, but Disney sent a message that was loud and clear and that they are going to steer clear of controversial topics and play it safe.

Though, I will say it was nice to hear a character mention "balancing the force"...so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not.

10. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Don't make the mistake of assuming that J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan's philosophies about Star Wars are/were driven by some corporate edict, or that said philosophies are going to apply to movies with which they have no involvement.

11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Not a chance. With the success of the Abrams film, there is no way the story group is going to embrace midis, nor will KK allow that to happen. Rian will be able to do a lot, but not that.

12. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    The fact that the Prequels (and EVERYTHING related to them) are and will always remain Canon proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

13. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Midis never have to be addressed again because they have already been explained and the majority of the audience obviously hates the reference anyway. If people want to hear about midichlorians they have 2 other films to learn about them.

ThorOdinson likes this.
  14. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I thought the whole idea sucked a lot of magic and mystery out of the Force. I know people disagree about that, but in any case I don't think a blood test is really needed at this point. It's established that she's extremely strong in the Force as far as the films go. There's still a bit of "any given Sunday" happening in these matchups which I think it important to preserve.

Im sure some novel or other source will take care of it before too long, for those that want some kind of canon number.

ThorOdinson likes this.
  15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    In universe, I don't think it would make sense

Not many people - if any - still living at that point would even know what midi-chlorians are. I assume the knowledge of them and devices which scan for them were either hidden or destroyed by the Empire. Even if one of the Jedi ghosts came to Rey and told her about it, it would all be a moot point without some device to scan for it

ThorOdinson likes this.
  16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Since their entire strategy is to avoid anything they feel the fans didn't like before (like the plague), not a chance.

17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Hopefully not.

18. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Doubt it. Rian Johnson isn't the only one who has a say here, Disney and Kathleen Kennedy clearly went to pains to please the OT audience, they're probably not going to want to change that formula at all once they see the Episode VII box office receipts. If it ain't broke ...

Besides why do we need to have her midichlorian count explained to us. She's just STRONG in the Force. Like we already know that. In storytelling terms this is called *showing* the audience, not telling. That's a good thing, it's good storytelling.

I don't need a scene in a Spider-Man movie telling me that Spider-Man has super duper Spider-cell count of 204939 for me to get that the dude is like a spider. We get it.

19. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    It doesn't matter how many times that idea gets repeated; it's not going to stop being patently untrue.

20. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002

The no.1 average age of the audience pre-booking tickets is in the 30-49 range (by far). The 20-29 year olds was a distant no.2 to that audience. Don't think Disney does not keep track of these things, the main driver of enthusiasm for this film are people who grew up in the 70s and 80s.

Besides I think in Disney's mind the prequel fans will like whatever they put out as long as there's lightsabers and what not. The OT fan base is more specific about what they do/don't want.

21. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    I'd bet just about anything that they are brushed away completely.

Edit: Also, this isn't Dragon Ball Z, I don't need her power level.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

22. ThorOdinson

Nov 30, 2014
    Cannon that just won't be mentioned unless necessary. Disney has been pretty clear, if not verbally then certainly with their actions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

23. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ The fact that you don't know how to spell Canon, and the fact that you fail to recognize that Lucasfilm operates pretty much autonomously and that Disney, as a corporate entity, operates solely as the distributor with regards to these movies and otherwise lets Kathleen Kennedy handle things as she will pretty much invalidates anything you have to say on this subject.

24. ThorOdinson

Nov 30, 2014
    Ok buddy, this is a moot point, because time will sort it out. The universe is moving on, angst isn't going to hold it back. But please, point out an auto-correct mistake rather than making a logical argument. It adds such weight to your opinion.

25. passon16

passon16 Jedi Master

Jan 7, 2005
    It's over 9000!!!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.