main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will this be as fun after May 19, 2005?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Snaggleass, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Fun, do you want to know all I want from Star Wars? A remake of the original trilogy-it's a visual mess, better detail on toys-the Millennium Falcon sucks so I don't buy it, all the missing events revealed anyhow-the origin of Fett/Luke & Leia jedi children/mecha Vader actions between ROTS and ANH, Jedi vs Sith history and formation..I'm sure there's more but I couldn't sleep tonight. After May 19th I'll be willing to continue if the board remains. Every member post no matter what.-stupidtrollgayretardmoron05erect

2. Ganymede

Ganymede Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2005
    You bet

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    It's expected to die down a bit, but a lot of the forums here really are the best around. I'll still visit after May, 19, 2005 :) And you can't stop someone from being a SW fan. Once a fan, always a fan. Unless there is nothing else to talk about anymore at all. Meaning, if Lucas doesn't produce any more SW material to talk about -- like TV series, etc. I personally believe there's more to come.
    yep kudos...

4. TheCat

TheCat Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    It'll be fun for a whle after, until the DVD appears, and then the bashers will do their best to kick the ***** out of the movie until every last person suffocates under their blanket of forced oppression.

Don't hang around that long!.

Then everyone will be back for the TV series - if TFN is still thriving.

5. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I believe the Ep. III forum will still be active after May 19th. People will discuss the fights, the dialogue and the movie in general. Bashers will battle anti-bashers etc. etc.

I for sure will visit this forum, if nothing else then to see what people think of the movie.

6. Darth-Mule

Darth-Mule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    The gushers and the bashers will be let out of their cages for a no-holds-barred free-for-all extravaganza of blood and mayhem.

Looking forward to it...

7. Snaggleass

Snaggleass Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2004
    I agree with the idea of once a SW fan, always a SW fan. I will be here myself. I wonder who the oldest SW fan is here...anyone older than 35?

8. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    this thread might break out into war before may 19 beuase of all the MAR 05ers(feb and jan 05ers are cool)

9. Snaggleass

Oct 6, 2004
    All are cool in the land of Star Wars!!!

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I hear they're turning these boards into a 7th Heaven related community after Revenge of the Sith has come and gone.

11. ypsmab

ypsmab Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    "Will this be as fun after May 19th, 2005?"

No.

What else is there to discuss in this thread.

12. Wipe_them_out

Wipe_them_out Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2004
    This is my first (and probably only) post, but I just couldn't stop myself. There are Star Trek conventions now that draw thousands of people, despite there being no more movies and one last dying TV show. The Matrix is still popular, with a new online game coming out, even though most people were dissapointed by the sequels. Star Wars has been popular since it came out in 1977, and I'd be absolutely shocked if its fans packed up and went home after the last movie. This is entertainment, and it's not going to stop just because Mr. Lucas will. This site will be around for a long time!

13. Snaggleass

Oct 6, 2004
    this forum will hang a while I think.

14. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    i think we'll figure "this is it"? and call it a day

15. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, it has nearly been 5 months since the last reply to this thread and I found it whilst digging through some history here. So now I pose the question of this titles thread to you again;

"Is it as fun?"

I know I myself had a most splendid time in this forum prior to May 19th. I miss the old GIL social threads, they were fun. And all of the mindless speculations and the spoiler pics of ROTS. JW_Titus and his fan novel were great. I also remember the humor, like the infamous "I like Genral Grovus" thread from February. :( I also miss BobtheGoon.

So do you all here, Mods included, think it is as fun? Or No?

Discuss and may teh force be with you! :D

16. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Strangely, I miss Bobthegoon too!

17. neutralsideforce

Jan 16, 2005
    WOW! 3 months since the release of Revenge of the Sith. I'm so excited! I don't need the other movies.

18. Somnambulist_ZZZ

Somnambulist_ZZZ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I trolled the whole time prior to the release, but this is more fun to participate.
    I have to admit though I miss all the spoilers, spoiler speculations, movie stills, and most of all, Spoileriffic.

19. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    me too -
    now we're debating about intentions instead of speculations which is not nearly as fun. plus there has been less activity. so i'm searching. and i do miss spoilerific and the concept behind those posts. and the spoilers in general. now i'd like to see behind the scenes creativity and pictorials. there are a few good sites out there but folks aren't rushing to find and post them. the excitement has certainly diminished but not the yub yub.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Will this be as fun after May 19, 2005?

The party doesn't stop in here. [face_dancing]

21. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I like to talk more about the saga in general. I have kind of taken a step back and I'm trying to evaluate the saga as a whole. How does each movie stack up against each other? Did Lucas change after all these years? Was it impossible for the prequels to meet the hype? Was ROTS the best Star Wars movie, or was it great, but not as great as I thought it be? What could have Lucas done different toward the prequels? Will he tinker more with the OT when the next batch of DVD's come out? Will our view of the prequels change in 5-10 years? What will it be like when we have all 6 DVD's to watch? So many questions, still more debates to come....

22. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    and what will they look like in 3D -
    i also appreciate in-depth discussions regarding the saga, the prophecy, the nature of the force, buddhist and tao influences, joseph campbell.

a little more substance besides the obivious "hayden is hot"

spelling - jeez

23. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    This place will always be fun. It?s also a great way to get away from ?Darth Real Life? sometimes. :cool:

24. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    is bobthegoon no longer on the boards anymore?

25. neutralsideforce

Jan 16, 2005
    Calm down, the war is over and the 05ers are no longer a threat. I wait for the year 2007 and see if there's going to be an improved version, if not I will keep only one movie Eps.3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.