main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will this crap never end?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Askaak, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

It could've been done without publicly naming names, especially at a time when faith in the administration, mods, and managers seems so shaky.

AYBABTU?

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    It seems to me that faith in Pboy has always been a bit shakey with most of the elements now up in arms, nice consilitory gesture as it were.

Altohught taking him behind the woodshed and beating him with a paddle til he squealed like a pig may have been a bit to much Nathan, remember that for next time.

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    PB makes this forum.

4. Tai-Zec

Tai-Zec Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2000
    darthpsychotic has agreed to E-X's solution and has removed his posts in question from the Anarchy Forum at the X-Boards, out of his own free will. Furthermore he has agreed to refrain from posting any such material at the X-Boards in the future.

Tai-Zec
    Administrator http://www.episode-x.com

5. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    YAY! WOOHOO!

Now can we get on with our lives?

6. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Thank you, Tai-Zec. If you want to further discuss anything regarding what we talked about, you know how to reach me.

ND- Find a new hobby. I'm really getting tired of you coming down on me for handling trolls and Keeping It Real?. If you don't like it, do it yourself. I'd love more of a presense in Communications by you.

7. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Tai-Zec, thank you very much! We really appreciate it. :) I have to say that I never thought DP would cooperate.

PB, I'll do that. Thanks! ;)

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Wow. Progress.

Now, about Sil...

She is coming back next week, right? And she's been sent a boquet of roses for all the crap she's been put through these last three days by a number of Mods.

Good, good.

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    This problem is far from over. Whether or not DP has agreed to stop posting on E-X is no matter. I doubt he will stop with his activities.

The JC leadership must take the measures to secure this place by any means nessessary. If that means moving away from Snowboards (which has apparently been abandoned by it's creators anyway) then so be it.

!snap

10. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    jp-30- I send her roses every week. [face_love]

11. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I think ND was fair. If PB is going to flame people in public, then a public repremand is fair.

Much appreciated, ND.

12. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    There's a fine line (that few understand) between flamming and telling off trolls. I happen to understand that line quite well. If you behave, you'll hear nothing from me, but tender loving care and polite warnings.

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    PB was no harsher than many of the other memebers of the thread. rather than a public and specific reprimand, a general "the responses of all members and mods in this thread will be handled and weighed individually" might have been more tactful and appropriate in this situation.

14. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Oddly enough, I see PB's point on this one.

15. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    For some reason, reading this thread makes me feel like I'm watching professional wrestling...

"He's distracted the ref, and his partner hit that guy with a chair!" :eek:

16. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I don't want Sil to leave, hence I started a thread showing her how much we all appreciate her. We have 98 replies as of now, and always accepting more. Link in is the sig.

¤Night

17. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    "There's a fine line (that few understand) between flamming and telling off trolls. I happen to understand that line quite well. If you behave, you'll hear nothing from me, but tender loving care and polite warnings. "

I've only seen your posts in two threads, but neither seems to indicate you do know or understand the line of which you speak. In both, you are rude to regular members for no good reason other than you disagree with them.

If a member can get spanked for calling someone else 'arrogant' (as seen in mod notes posted to this thread) then your actions deserve at least that much. If you can't see that, or at very least consider that, then there is no help. Hopefully, you'll be able to think on this, rather than dismiss it without further thought.

This is the way I see it; if you choose to be in a postition that enforces the law, then you should follow those laws even more strictly than the general populace. No one should be able to find credible grounds to ever call your actions into question. For example, Sil (I use SIl as an example because she is the mod I see in action the most) is the consumate professional when modding. Never, as far as I've seen, does she have to resort to jibes, insults or petty name calling. If all mods kept to those standards there wouldn't be the apparently ever growing divide between regular members and the administration. That is why I believe ND's warning to PB was justified. As far as I can tell, ND is simply trying to uphold a certain moral standard for the JC, specifically for the mod in question.

So, all I ask, PB, is that before you respond to someone, you think about whether there is a more rational, less over bearing way to word the post. Maybe try counting down from ten, allowing yourself to become somewhat calmer. That's works for some people. I even had a friend who went to anger management classes and it was one of the first things they taught him. It worked wonders.

Good health, PB. :)

18. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Thanks. I wish you no different.

19. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    I appreciate that! I knew deep down you could be pleasant to me :)

20. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Ack! I missed something, didn't I? ;)

21. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    And we missed that high pitched whine you call a voice. :D

Ahem.

[For the record the afore-typed comment was a humorous jest made to lighten a mood that is darker than the room harry knowles spends most of his days in; no actual slight is meant against Wormie2 by the moderator or the administration, though wouldn't it be funny if the second part of the sentence turned into a surprising story about the comlacent attitude of goldfish in a real world, stock market situation? I met one the other day, Louis Tabernacle, and listen you me, he could have bought and sold me a thousand times with what he knew yet he just sat around, doing nothing while I was purchased by a conglomerate from the Eastern seaboard to provide meaningful instruction to immigrants from lower Mongolia, training them to take over the corporate positions of several small cap companies that operate out of the Bay Area which is a delightful place, from what I hear, if you discount the fog that attends to it like a clawing daughter to her dying, rich mother, attempting to get that last piece of the will, just a few more cents to feed that damn addiction and man, oh manoschewitz, she turns out to really love the old coot but in the end, the mother really dies, leaving the daughter bitter and poor which, coupled with an astonishing addiction to the glue on the back of envelopes (do you find it funny that all envelopes are white, on average; a bit of a racist comment if you ask me, something that should be remedied, but of course we'll never see that happen), provides her with a wealth of material to write a novel. Said novel of course becomes a best seller, leaving her wondering whether or not she was glad she didn't get the money from the will, and after that, why she killed a goldfish named Louis Tabernacle for not buying her estranged brother who actually had the money from the will and was using it to start a secret army in Maine (primarily made up of Mongolian nationalists). I tell you.]

22. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh sure, you can confuse the masses with pretty words about goldfish and choirs but don't think you can pull the wool over my eyes, you big bra head!

23. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I think LB's finally lost it...

24. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >As PadmeBra pointed out several pages ago... I think a lot of you need to remember that this is a messageboard to discuss Star Wars. <

Also, a place to make some Internet Friends. Places like JCC.

It is pathetic that sometimes people can dislike/disrespect/hate each other, and call them names, and so on just to boost their own egos.

25. DarthKlown2

DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    JediMaster come on. Everything is calming down here (heck I even tried to make some sort of peace with CA in PM-land). Please let it lie.

Patrick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.