main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will this crap never end?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Askaak, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    The Anarchy Board
    No rules apply at this board! This is the place to vent, to take your fights, to post your grudges you have on others etc. without having to fear any consequences by Admins or Mods. Enter at own risk.

Episode-X posters have no control over this forum.
    Episode-X moderators have no control over this forum.
    Episode-X News Staff have no control over this forum.
    The only two people that have any kind of control over this forums exsistance are Sevaan and probably Tai-Zec. No one else is responsible for what's posted on that board. But there are principles here at TFN and the JC, but it seems that the Moderators and even the Staff have forgotten these principals.

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Fascism??

Can we stop using all the dramatic words like fascism, oppression, etc etc, please?

Ternian being banned has nothing whatsoever to do with promoting Episode X. He knows who the leak is from DarthPsychotic. If he's such a friend of Silmarillion's as he claims, perhaps he'd have a desire to see her exonerated, surely? Instead, he merely wishes to see TFN humiliated.

And ask yourself who bashes the other site more, whether in public or private? Episode X or TFN?

3. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    He knows who the leak is from DarthPsychotic.

PPORI

4. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Instead, he merely wishes to see TFN humiliated.

I wouldn't worry about Ternian in that respect. You lot are managing that on your own

5. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Right, so your Anarchy board is apparently no hold barred. Nevertheless, seeing Episode X admins comment on these stolen emails and usernotes simply gives the impression that they endorse it.

6. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    OK, Ternian does NOT know who the mole is. There is NO 'mole'

Sil has nothing to be exonerated from. There is NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that she has done ANYTHING wrong or that even her account was used.

7. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    ''I actually sent Josh an email yesterday before all the new leaks, suggesting that maybe he should take Toochilled up on his offer of fair play in news reporting in this forum. ''

Please do. I want all sites to play fair.

-------------------------

Sad thing is, I wanted to work at TFN. Ternian wanted to work at TFN. If handled differently TFN could still have all the spoilers, still have the best boards and the best members. Unfortunately it is behavior such as this which is leading to your downfall.

8. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    If Silmarillion has nothing to be exonerated from, then we will happily welcome her back. It's a shame that things have made this sort of action necessary. She understands the situation, and the matter has been discussed privately, so with luck she will be reinstated soon.

9. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    I suppose Episode X changing their policy on the Anarchy board is out of the question?

I don't mean 'modding' it as such. Just not allowing stolen material to be posted?

That act of good will may help a bit. :)

10. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    What, so you've been keeping up communication with Sil on this issue have you? That's good to hear.

What you fail to realize, however, is that removing the Anarchy Board won't solve your problem. As if Tai's just going to go "Ok, no more Anarchy board" and then DP just goes "Oh, well gee, I guess I'll have to stop hacking". No one has any control over DP, he'll keep on hacking you guys, and then PM the link to everyone. Like I said, if you want to stop this, you'll have to spend money on security. There's no counter attack option here, so stop pointing the finger at Episode-X.

11. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Sad thing is, I wanted to work at TFN. Ternian wanted to work at TFN. If handled differently TFN could still have all the spoilers, still have the best boards and the best members. Unfortunately it is behavior such as this which is leading to your downfall.

Behaviour like what? DarthPsychotic posted a bunch of emails yesterday for the sole purpose of calling attention to himself. From his comments on Episode X, he presumably posted those first two threads to attract attention from TFN, and then stole our emails when we noticed it and began discussing it. It's a sad state of affairs that our trust in each other is now so weak that we have to resort to action like demoting Silmarillion.

And Ternian is quite welcome to come back if he gives us the name of DP's "source". Instead, he simply refused.

12. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    She understands the situation

But are you keeping her up to date on it? Have you even communicated with her since you made her aware of the situation?

There's no counter attack option here, so stop pointing the finger at Episode-X.

Here here! Tai doesn't have DP on a leash...

13. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    There are new boards being installed soon - the Anarchy forum rules and situation IS being looked into. BUT... Out of sight, out f mind is not yur best course of action on this. Regardless of the anarchy boards the s\me info is posted in a lot of places. Removing the anarchy boards is not going to stop the hacking.

Stop the idiotic and brainless descission making. Stop, or at least admit, the witch hunts and, above all, stop the hypocrissy.

14. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    What you fail to realize, however, is that removing the Anarchy Board won't solve your problem. As if Tai's just going to go "Ok, no more Anarchy board" and then DP just goes "Oh, well gee, I guess I'll have to stop hacking". No one has any control over DP, he'll keep on hacking you guys, and then PM the link to everyone. Like I said, if you want to stop this, you'll have to spend money on security. There's no counter attack option here, so stop pointing the finger at Episode-X.

No one's asked you to close your Anarchy board, and you have full control over DP while he posts there. It's not that hard to ban him or at the very least remove the stolen stuff. I notice that he's now posting his stuff on your site while not even putting them onto his own pages, at least the last time I checked. While the E-X staff continue to comment on the stuff he posts, you cannot blame us for considering you to be encouraging him to do this.

15. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    I don't mean getting rid of the anarchy board.

We don't allow pics to be posted straight from EPX and other sites out of respect for their sites. Is it out of the question to expect a similar amount of respect in this issue from EPX?

I know this won't stop DP but it will get rid of another place for him to post his hacks and it can only help in improving relations between TFN and EPX, which it seems, everybody wants.

16. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    It's not that hard to ban him or at the very least remove the stolen stuff.

A) Ban him for what? Under Ep-X forum rules he's done nothing wrong...

B) Under current Ep-X rules (Which if you go by tc are being revised), then ATM he's entitled to post it. After the rules are changed, then maybew the stuff can be removed. Telling people one thing and doing another is not the way a forum should work... (Why did I think of the JC during that last sentence? ?[face_plain])

I notice that he's now posting his stuff on your site while not even putting them onto his own pages, at least the last time I checked.

He doesn't need to update this page if he doesn't want too. By his own right he only needs to host the files there.

While the E-X staff continue to comment on the stuff he posts, you cannot blame us for considering you to be encouraging him to do this.

There is alot of animosity directed at the JC. You can't go gestapo when a few people view their opinions on DP's material.

This is the JC version of the Salem Witch Trials.

17. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Regardless of the anarchy boards the s\me info is posted in a lot of places. Removing the anarchy boards is not going to stop the hacking.

Agreed, but you are now getting this stolen stuff from DP when he isn't even updating his own sites. I guess it's easier to post it on a rival board than update it on his pages.

Stop the idiotic and brainless descission making. Stop, or at least admit, the witch hunts and, above all, stop the hypocrissy.

We can stop this if one or two people would work with us on this. I certainly am worn out with the constant pointless squabbling. You think it's fun to talk to other mods and not being able to trust them, or to see yourself made an object of ridicule by other boards and people?

18. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    You're such a liar Commander Antillies. There hasn't been a scrap of evidence suggesting that Ternian knows how DP gets in, yet you're still blindly standing by it.

And as I said before, it doesn't matter if it's posted in Anarchy. It will be posted elsewhere if it can't be posted there. People respond to these threads because it's their right to express their opinion, and because it's fun to laugh at the stupid things TFN staff come out with when no one's watching. None of us twisted DPs arm and made him do this.

19. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    "And as I said before, it doesn't matter if it's posted in Anarchy. It will be posted elsewhere if it can't be posted there."

You keep repeating this and, yes, it is true.

but what I'm talking about is improving the relationship between EPX and TFN. One simple gesture from EPX would improve things ten fold IMO.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    A) Ban him for what? Under Ep-X forum rules he's done nothing wrong...

Its comments like that that lead to the idea that you are encouraging him over there. Its not against the rules to post private and stolen material, material from e-mails posted without someone's consent? That is a load of crap. I don't care if its in this anarchy forum or not, its crap, pure and simple. You are giving him a forum with which to post the things he has stolen from others. He's posting e-mails, that is downright close to being illegal. You can only hide beyhind this "Anarchy forum" thing for so long.

21. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    but what I'm talking about is improving the relationship between EPX and TFN. One simple gesture from EPX would improve things ten fold IMO.

Who says they're not already considering it? They already are, but you can't expect it to happen over night. You'll have to give them and their members some time to see the Anarchy forum disapear. But that's not the end of the problem. DPs still hacking, and Ternian is still banned, and Sils still demoted, which is what this thread is about. So let's stick to that, instead of asking why Episode-X isn't joining up with TFN to help them fight thier war.

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    You're such a liar Commander Antillies. There hasn't been a scrap of evidence suggesting that Ternian knows how DP gets in, yet you're still blindly standing by it.

Email from Scott to Ternian (I'm pretty sure DP has posted this, so it's already public domain)

Are you going to help us out on this? Yes or no.

No. TF.N has done zip for me. (Shameless self promoter, closet troll, drama queen etc)

Perhaps you'd now care to apologise for accusing me of lying.

Episode X lets DarthPsychotic post his stolen stuff there. This is pure attention seeking on his part and unethical on your part, regardless of how much you seek to dress it up by claiming we're all hypocritical, corrupt, drama queens, and whatever else.

23. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    You can only hide beyhind this "Anarchy forum" thing for so long.

Obviously, you're still missing the point. Reading the Anarchy forum does not mean you're waging war against TFN. It's just a place where you can say what you want. It's not a sancuary for planning hacks on TFN; that's DPs agenda, not those who occasionaly vist there to blow off steam.

24. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    DPs still hacking, and Ternian is still banned, and Sils still demoted

Agreed. All three situations could be resolved if Ternian or others would cooperate. Ternian would be unbanned, Sil repromoted, and DP stopped, if Ternian just gives us one name. Is that too much to ask?

So let's stick to that, instead of asking why Episode-X isn't joining up with TFN to help them fight thier war.

Because they plainly enjoy this. They let DP post his material there, and the staff, by participating in his threads, clearly endorse this.

25. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    Its comments like that that lead to the idea that you are encouraging him over there.

Well, he hasn't attacked the Ep-X forums, nor has he disrupted the peace. Nothing wrong has been done according to the forum rules...

Its not against the rules to post private and stolen material, material from e-mails posted without someone's consent?

It's in the Anarchy forum. Admin's has no control over what goes down there.

That is a load of crap. I don't care if its in this anarchy forum or not, its crap, pure and simple. You are giving him a forum with which to post the things he has stolen from others.

Then so be it. The Ep-X admin's have done nothing wrong. And they hardly have a leash around DP's neck. If they start telling people what they can and can't say then freedom of speach get's trampled, and the Ep-X forums become something very similar to the state the JC is in now.

He's posting e-mails, that is downright close to being illegal. You can only hide beyhind this "Anarchy forum" thing for so long.

QUICK SCOTT! Call the lawyers!

if Ternian just gives us one name. Is that too much to ask?

It is if Ternian doesn't HAVE a name to give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.