main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Unanswered Questions Be the Key to ST Storyline

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LunarMoth, Nov 29, 2012.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The biggest single question in my mind when it comes to the ST is what the storyline will be. Until the announcement of the ST, we all where under the impression that Star Wars as we know it was over with Retun of the Jedi. Not just over because that was the last move, but over because the elements of the story we were told had resolved with the death of Darth Vader and the Emperor, as well as Lukes success in turning his father from the dark side.

But then there were the unanswered questions of the OT......

Why did Obi and Yoda disappear when they died?

And most importantly......

How did Anakin Skywalker become Darth Vader?

So then, years later, we get the PT (love em or hate em). And with the PT we also get the answers to the unanswered questions.

Which brings me to my question to you: What unanswered questions from the existing films do you think may reveal the storlyine for the ST?

(I have a particular theory/possibility in mind, and Im curious if anyone else has the same thought....)

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, did that Ewok ever wake up? My mommy said he was just sleeping.

Not so much a question as interested to see if Leia develops her Force abilities. This is a great thread. I'm going to try to think of more questions.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    The disappearing thing -

If you 'surrender' to the will of the force then you disappear, basically you aren't fighting death. This is the way to become 'one' with the force.

Obi-Wan = seems to just stand there and get cut down on purpose.
    Yoda - lays down and says it's his time to die.
    Vader - as he lays there dying he asks Luke to take off his helmet and he seems to be at peace with dying.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    If we no longer take ROTJ as the end of the saga, then the obvious question is "Will the Republic and the Jedi Order be restored, and if so will they be the same as before or will they learn from the mistakes of the past?"

Ditto the Leia question. Also I feel there could be more to the Force/Prophecy/Jedi/Sith than we know. I'd definitely like to see that explored more thoroughly... maybe they can even get people to understand midichlorians in a way that makes them hate the idea less. Hey I can dream, can't I?

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    What the heck was the prophecy? What does Balance of the Force mean?

I think this will be tied up in questions of morality like some of the previous talk George Lucas gave on the possible third trilogy and what it deals with. Why didn't Yoda or Obi-wan ever tell Luke the Jedi Code in the films or the prohibition of possessions, attachments, and so forth? How does Luke's rejection of the idea of killing his father and attempting to save him play out and mean for the future stance of the Jedi Order? Is the talk of balance include being a balanced individual, instead of a stoic (Jedi) or person consumed with passion (Sith)? There are many things we could pick up as plot threads.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    In ROTS Yoda hints that maybe they misread what the prophecy stands for before he went to help the Wookiees. So maybe there's more to the prophecy than "destroying the Sith". I mean, let's face it, maybe Palps was grooming another apprentice under Vader's nose.

Hard to really know what's gonna happen considering NOTHING has been revealed.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Well there aren't that many open questions left, are there?
    "What happened to the rest of the Empire?", "Will Luke train Leia in the ways of the Force?", "Will Leia and Han's relationship continue?", "Will Han Solo ever ask Lando wtf he was doing betraying him like that?", "Why did Ben assume that R2D2 could read the entire Imperial network of the Death Star?", "Did Salacious Crumb survive?", "Did anyone rob Jabba's palace after the Sarlacc fiasco?", "Did Chewbacca find his true love on Endor?"

8. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    What is the true story behind Anakin's conception?

Was it the Midichlorians themselves that caused the vergence in the force resulting in Shmi's virgin birth?

Or was it actually Darth Plagueis the Wise who was able to manipulate the Midichlorians who caused Anakin to be born?

Essentially, who was Anakin's father?

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I really hope they don't.

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Lets pretend the EU has written nothing after ROTJ.....how does Luke restore the Jedi order as he is the last Jedi where will he find new Jedi.....how will the rest of the empire surrender there must be a million stormtroopers & a thousand warships .

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I always wondered why, when Obi-Wan was talking to Luke about his father, didn't Luke say, "By the way, do you know who my mother was?"

The Bops likes this.
  12. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    There could be another "other". Yoda seemed to know more about the "other" than ObiWan, and Obi-wan may have been wrong to assume it was Leia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I think this is something that could be dealt with or, at the very least, touched upon.

14. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I hope not.

One thing that I think made the PT bad was the useless exposition.

Let me keep a little mystery. That's what makes you want to read a book again, or watch a movie, and think and use your imagination. It's also the fuel for most of the EU.

One of the worst scenes in the PT is the exposition about the midichlorians, totally useless and unnecessary IMHO. Another is Yoda scene with Obiwan about additional training and becoming one with the force. Another useless scene is the have the memory wipe for the droids. Useless exposition, waste of screen time and kills the flow of the movies. They need to be tight, and not explain every little detail, backstory, or concept. That's what the EU and companions are for.

IMHO

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not sure I want this to be expounded upon. IN ROTS I half-expected Darth Sidious to tell Anakin that he had been Anakin's father or something like that. I was relieved.

See, I bleieve that is one of the most important moments of the entire trilogy. And it's not just that Obi-Wan knows he can become one with the Force so much as he knows that he will forever win Luke Skywalker to the light side of the Force by being cut down. Obi-Wan allows himself to be killed so that he becomes a martyr -- someone who died for a righteous cause -- knowing that Luke was watching and would be forever changed by seeing it. Very important and underapreciated moment.

I probably shouldn't open this can of worms ,but I will anyway . . . I don't unsderstand why people hate this concept of midichlorians? George Lucas has told us in a roundabout way that the Force is the Universe. "It surrounds us and penetrates us." And within the Force/Universe are the values of Light & Dark, Good & Evil and so forth. Well, the universe is NOT a void like has been taught for years and years. It is teeming with subatomic particles. It is a fabric. IF you look at it as a whole, it is a system, an organism, in which we don't fully understand how it "lives" & "breathes." However, it is believed that every natural force in the universe has a basic constituent IE light = photon, gravity = graviton etc . . . so the Force has basic constituents called "midichlorians." I don't see the problem with it.

16. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I hope to see whether or not Leia becomes a Jedi and whether or not Luke restarts the Jedi Order.

17. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Agreed - with the exception of the memory wipe. It only took a few seconds and explains a lot. I think it was necessary.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    A) Will Luke find out who his mother was? Obviously, we all know it was Padme; but I'd really like to see Luke finding out.
    B) Will the Jedi rise again?
    C) WIll Leia be the first Jedi? It was heavily implied she would be in Episode VI.
    D) Will the Republic rise again?
    E) Was the Prophecy misread as Yoda had suggested it was?

19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    My take on that has always been that what may have been misread about the prophecy was what would constitue "balance". In otherwords, the Jedi may have been mistaken that killing Vader and Palpy thus getting rid of the Sith would bring such "balance". Obviously Anakin being the "chosen one" AND a Sith by ROTJ was kinda like killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

More to the prophecy I think there is........