main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Vice City be Better than GTA3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by shinjo_jedi, Jul 4, 2002.

?

Will Vice City be Better than GTA3?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

25.5%
  2. No

5.5%
  3. Same

7.3%
  4. I Have to See Some of Vice City First

54.5%
  5. GTA4 is called Vice City?

7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
  2. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I saw the cover of Vice City, it takes place in Miami. You get MOtorcycles, Chicks in Bicini's, Armed Helicopters ect.

shinjo_jedi

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If the city is bigger, and there's more to do, it might be better. There's just something cool about a 70s-esque mob though that might be hard to beat. Plus, GTA3 had some high powered voice talent in it.

4. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree with the post above.

5. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I don't care, as long as it's half as good as the first I'll buy it. Motercycles + Shotgun drive-by = Jaw on the floor.

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Well GTA3 was a great game to begin with any improvments in Vice is just iceing on the cake.

7. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    The city is supposed to be alot bigger than the ones in GTA3.

shinjo_jedi

8. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Don't get me wrong, I'm very much looking forward to it. I put money down on it the day I heard about it. It's the sequel to one of my top five games of all time.

Are the motorcycles supposed to be Japanese racing style, or more like Harley types? I know a lot of people like the "crotch rockets" but I've always liked the style of Harleys, and not just because I'm now living in Milwaukee.

9. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I don't think they will be. The place is set in Miami, er, Vice City and in the 80's.

shinjo_jedi

10. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I subscribe to the theory that nothing can top GTA3 :).

[b][color=cornflowerblue][hl=black]Jedi_Anakin_Solo[/b][/color][/hl]

11. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    is gta3 worth buying a ps2?

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Not if you have a PC.

13. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    well yeah i guess, but ive been thinking about getting one for awhile. and i start my job monday so i'll have money to spend.... and of course save. 8-}

14. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i love gta3, its one of my favorite games! so i will probably most likely enjoy vice city equally ...

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I doubt that it will blow GTA3 away. It most likely will have some better aspects and upgrades.

Vice City will be to GTA3, what GTA2 was to GTA.

But it will still be fun.

16. Ketalis

Ketalis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    Beware, the requirements for GTA 3 PC are VERY high. This game takes more RAM than any other game out there (that I know of), even though the graphics aren't cutting edge. Make sure you have at least 256 RAM and a Geforce 3+.

17. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I just hope they leave the game play alone. Just give us a new city, some new cars, a few new weapons, and a new plot...oh and I hope they have good radio stations again.

I hate when they take a good game a muck it up with what they think is improvements.
    (Twisted Metal Series Comes to Mind)

18. Kentucky_Cowboy

Kentucky_Cowboy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    GTA3 had everything, but I would Vice city if it the one thing GTA3 didn't have.

Shriners!!! Those little guys in the cars wearing fez hats are cool!

19. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    GTA3 is awesome, the only bad thing about it is having the stupid gands shoot at your car and blowing it up after they hate you and those stupid people that attack you if you use Cocktail explosives.

Vice City will be better though but the cops will kill your main character easily on the Motorcycle, the one thing i cant understand is that nobody knows what the main characters name is when its clear mentioned by Joey Leone in GTA3, In the mission that Joey introduces you to Toni he says"Toni this is Pops Cappo" its important to point out that your character has not even worked for Salavatore yet at this point in the game nor has he "Capped" anybody on Salavtore's behalf either, so there you have it Pops Cappo is the main guys name.

20. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    It's all but official: GTA: Vice WILL be better than GTA3.

Let's look at some of the specs from Game Informer's latest 8 page article, shall we?

-120 cars (including motorcycles), as opposed to 50 in GTA3. Also, when riding down the road on your chopper, you can see your clothes ripple in the wind.

-Vice City is twice as large as Liberty City. The whole city is opened up to you from the start in this one.

-Better overall combat system. Unlike GTA3, GTA VC has a targeting system that prioritizes targets instead of proximity. There are also some crouch moves now.

-GTA Vice has 8,000 voice overs (as opposed to 2,000 in GTA3). Some Hollywood actors are doing the characters. For instance, Ray Liotta is doing the main character (you). Incidentally, the main guy also has a name this time (Tommy Veretti)

-Better cop and gang AI. The cops don't just chase you, but other gangs and criminals. Also, criminals don't just attack you, but also other peds.

-GTAV has 9 hours of soundtrack (as opposed to 3 1/2 in GTA3)

-GTAV has 40 weapons (including the machete), while GTA3 only had 15

-One of the most prized features: multi-tiered building interiors. Hallways and multiple rooms to explore. There are even interior-based missions now. :D

-new side missions, including the much-waited...pizza delivery! :D

-with Miami's canals and waterways, there are now more uses and features for the boat. In short, the boats have been expanded upon

You can check out scans of this article (including scores of new pics) for yourself HERE, or head to your local newstand and pick up a copy of Game Informer (which I plan to do also)

So. The question is not if GTA: Vice can top GTA3.

The question now is how can ANYONE EVER top GTA: Vice, including Rockstar?

21. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    How long until Vice City is released?

Begins to pile money into savings in anticipation

22. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    October 22 is V-Day 8-}

Another new feature that I forgot to mention is that the main character will exchange taunts with the peds in this one.

23. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I want some crotch rockets.

24. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I saw that game informer yesterday...looks pretty good.
    Looks like they kept the main parts of the game and just built on it..oh thank the maker!

25. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Does anyone know if this will be a multi-platform release, or if will will only start out on the PS2, and then branch out to the other platforms a la GTA3?

Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.