main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Will we ever get an edition with deleted scenes?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AmidalaLover, Sep 20, 2015.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Probably not, but I'd buy in a heartbeat if they did!

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wish they kept in the scene where Tuskens and Jawas fight over podracer parts. I wish they kept that scene in and would love an edition with it added back in.

3. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    An edition with ALL deleted scenes, sequences, characters, and lines would get me to buy a Blu Ray player in a heartbeat.

Definitely feel the Padme` scenes on both the Episodes II and III DVD should be included in any release though, including theatrical.

mes520 likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Does anyone know if they filmed the scene where Anakin was with Threepio, where they were out in the desert scavenging, and where they later find and help a lone and unconscious Tusken Raider recover from his injuries? It was in the beginning of the novel, and usually every part of the movie adaptations were filmed in one way or another.

5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Not that I know of. Though I'd be curious to see it if they did.

6. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Lord of the Rings did it, and people have grown to love having the expanded version in addition to the theatrical version. Still, I doubt we'll see it. Lucas seems to be pretty intent that only one version of each film be available. I've grown to enjoy most of the deleted scenes available. While some are filler, it's just interesting to see nonetheless. In Revenge of the Sith's case, we actually have some pretty substantial scenes that didn't make the cut. It would be a hassle to go back and finish the effects for all of these, but I have no doubt it'd look great. I'd love to see the original Geonosis battle scenes as they'd been filmed/proposed.

7. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    The problem with using the deleted scenes in a fan edit is the low resolutions, temporary effects, and the recycled music. There's a lot of music recycling in the films as it is, we don't need any more. Not faulting Williams for that, it seems like Ben Burtt was entrusted to the music placement.

I would actually rather Williams be hired to write more prequel music than work on the new films. It would be nice to watch the Geonosis sequence, the Invisible Hand sequence, the Jedi Temple raid, and the Kashyyk war without misplaced music in there. They deserve to be scored. If Lucas ever did expanded editions of the prequels, I would love to have him working with Williams to make sure every scene is scored, not tracked with other music.

8. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    1. The Extended Editions of TLOTR didn't include every scene shot for the movies -not by a long shot! They were just longer edits of the movies, but still edited to work as a movie, and therefore, there are still many cut scenes that could never work in an edit.

2. Peter Jackson is a type of filmmaker who likes to bloat his movies: he likes long runtimes, he uses slow-motion, flashbacks... His movies have a certain "slow" feeling. Lucas is the opposite: he likes it "faster and more intense". The runtime of all his movies is rather short and that's because the way he edits them. Short and tight. Adding "unnecessary" scenes is at odds with this mentality.

3. Lucas likes only ONE version of the movies available.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I know Lord of the Rings didn't include EVERY deleted scene, but it showed that there was an alternative cut of the movie available that picked up on discarded plot points, and disregarded conventional pacing to deliver something aimed at the more hardcore fan. I didn't mean that those cuts included every single unused sequence of film shot for the movie. Even an extended cut needs to balance out what is simply excess. For example, the 30+ minutes of outtakes and extended scenes discovered from the Dagobah sequence from ROTJ are interesting, but add very little to the plot (aside from some telling dialogue from Yoda). Still, all of the SW scenes made available through special features have all had some kind of redeeming quality.