main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will we ever hear the "Prophecy" word for word,or be left to speculate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Tew_Ryu_Ninja, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tew_Ryu_Ninja

Tew_Ryu_Ninja Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003

I don't know about you guys but I am sick and tired of thinking about this.. Throughout the entire PT all we hear about the prophecy is that...

"There will be a Jedi that will balance the force."

And Anakin is the Jedi that will fulfill the prophecy..
    This isn't a thread to find out what the prophecy is.. this is a thread to find out if we will actually hear the Prophecy word for word..

Where did it come from(old Holocron?)??
    I know they are EU but it's a thought.
    Who was the prophet that told of the prophecy..
    If it is such a widely known prophecy I want to hear the story..
    I like fantasy as well as SW and when I read a book that has a prophecy in it .. they always explain all these questions with a very historic and enthralling story.
    Are we, as SW fans supposed to automatically assume that the prophecy is everything that is happening coming to order..
    Or is there a greater story written out somewhere in old ,pre-knight era jedi hieroglyphs.
    I am the type of person who enjoys historical data revealed in movies to keep me from wondering and making theories as to WHY?
    If Gl isn't planning on explaining the Prophecy in detail then I am left to wonder.. besides what has been said in the PT.. what exactly is written in the TRUE prophecy..???

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Probably not. I think we'll be left with simply knowing that there was a prophecy of a Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force.
    From on screen we know that:

The even is a prophecy.
    That it includes a Chosen One who was born of the midichlorians.
    That the Chosen One would have a higher midichlorian count than any Jedi.
    That the Chosen One would bring balance to the Force.

As for where it originated from, I dunno? Fortune Cookie?

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Maybe, maybe not. No way to tell, really. Depends on whether it´s important to the story that we hear it.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Maybe in the EU After 3 comes out. Or heck maybe in 3.

5. TheFury

TheFury Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2003
    I hope we don't. We've got the jist of it anyway.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I think we'll be left to wonder. Lucus got flack for making it up in the first place, so I don't think he'll be willing to go in any great depth over it.

Sara [face_love]

7. Tjoboa

Tjoboa Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    I dont think we will hear the prophecy in the films, but I mean that the prophecy is mentioned in TPM book, but i'm not sure.

8. Jack-D-Ripper

Jack-D-Ripper Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2002
    Nah, we'll never be given the details. I kind of wish we had been given the details at the start, but its too late now. Besides, "prophecies" don't really go with Star Wars, or even LOTR: no, prophecies should be left to Dune.

-JDR.

9. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    My guess is that Mace Windu will reveal the prophesy in Ep III. It seems apparent that he knows the full prophesy, and has tried to prevent it from being fulfilled (refusing to let Qui-Gon train Anakin in TPM; telling Anakin to stay out of the conflict in AOTC)

10. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'd like to hear the prophecy word for word but doubt that we ever will.

11. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    speculation, methinks.

but I am sure if we don't EU will take care of it for those who have to know.

12. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I seriously doubt we will ever hear "the Prophecy" word for word. I don't think it's essential to move the plot along, although we may get more parts of it in Episode 3. It's a slight possibility, but more speculative at this point.

13. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I think we would have heard the prophecy by now if GL intended to give it to us. It would be a nice thing to here. I think that he could at least put it in a bounus feature section and ease our pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.