main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will we ever see Callista in the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by hawkangel, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkangel

hawkangel Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2010
    I think it's great that a couple of Expanded Universe ideas have made it into the Clone Wars.
    I was wondering though if we will ever see Callista from the early expanded Universe novels who has been referenced as being in the Clone Wars?
    For those that are not familiar with her, here is a wiki entry -

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Callista_Ming

The character didn't stick with me that much, but now that the Clone Wars is in full swing, I believe it would be nice to see this referenced.

2. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I imagine it would be tricky; so much of what made the character's background - being recruited as an adult, a jedi academy ship and falling in love - are either things that should be kept exclusive to Anakin or have been retconned by the prequels.

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm not sure if she is a 'big' or 'unique' enough EU character to warrant an appearance, as opposed to Ventress or Vos, who are both big personalities during the EU Clone Wars era. Then again, a one-line reference similar to Vos' in ROTS would be a nice nod to Callista fans.

4. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
  5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I highly doubt it. We've got a better chance at Pellaeon than opening up the can of worms that would revolve around the off shoot Jedi sect.

6. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    I most certainly hope we won't see Callista.

Now someone mentioned Pellaeon...

7. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    She was in one of the Clone Wars novels, wasn't she? The ones based on the series, I mean.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes she was- she was leader of the separate group of jedi who protested against jedi codes restrictions or something- haven't read it though... I don't really want to see her though

9. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Callista was in The Clone Wars: No Prisoners, so I wouldn't be surprised if she makes an appearance, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I would be surprised- all those books and comics are just EU- so TCW-makers don't really care about them.... Pellaeon, Ozzel and many others appear in those- but they may never appear in TCW itself...

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd be surprised too. Especially since Callista is a really, really boring character. And the stories she was in were... pretty... bad. I don't even hate Children of the Jedi half as much as some folks around these boards, but man, you go in Lit and mention that or Planet of Twilight, and good grief, people are gonna have some harsh words to say about those novels.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Novels like those make word "EU" feel twisted and evil [face_worried] good thing that there is good stuff in EU as well- those novels are....bad

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    In the novel: No Prisoners, Callista's more interesting from Anakin's perspective as he meets her as part of an off-shoot, Jedi sect that is allowed to have attachments (romantic love) which really rattles his cage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.