main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will we EVER see complete prequel soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Guinastasia, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    They released all three editions of the original trilogy soundtracks-on two disc sets. Will they ever do the same for the prequels? Granted, the films weren't as popular-but the music was just as good as the original. (John Williams isn't responsible for Lucas's mistakes. But then, I'm one of those who liked the prequels!)

2. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Actually, there was a completed soundtrack for The Phantom Menace called "The Ultimate Edition". It was a 2 Disc set and had every peice of music recorded for the film on the CD's. But I would very much like to see a completed soundtrack for the other 2 prequels.

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Nope.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Cerrabore is correct. The TPM UE only had all of the music as it was edited and heard in the film itself. It did not include all of the music recorded for the film. That was a huge marketing mis-statement by Sony.

5. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Wow, I didn't know that. The back of the UE set for TPM makes it really sound like it had every song in the film.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    That's false. :)

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Technically, he's right about it having every cue in the film...just not every cue made for the film. ;)

And irregardless, it's a hell of a lot more music than the 1-disc release.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It is better, yes, but the way the music was chopped up and re-edited after Lucas re-edited the film can be grating, especially on the second disc. Still, I wish we had even this flawed complete release for AOTC and ROTS.

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
  10. JOKERMAN1

JOKERMAN1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2009
    i welcome any new Prequel music. I Would KILL for the Complete "Heroes Collide" [Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan] Cues, Along With The Revisiting Padme,Film Version Of Boys Into Battle, It Can't Be, And Anakin's Dark Deeds Cues.

11. RedSeven

RedSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2007
    I'm pretty sure that there was a complete soundtrack for AOTC.

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    No, there never was unless you mean a fan-made one.

Which would be the Holy Of Holies, frankly. :p

13. JOKERMAN1

JOKERMAN1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2009
    yes, the..ahem "fan made" ones are pretty good, but i want an offical one...

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Why, you like spending money? :p

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    There was not. :)

16. JOKERMAN1

JOKERMAN1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2009
    On Star Wras I Do!!

so i just called the gorfaine-schwartz agency [ppl who rep. williams] and she said as of now there are no plans of the prequels getting released, HOWEVER, this doesent meant never. I Told her of this petition of that has over 2200 signatures and she said to eamil the link to her and she will ask around and let me know!!! Yes!!!

17. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    Good luck with that. Also, Gorfaine-Schwartz has no authority over a complete soundtrack release, and are very unlikely to pressure 20th Century Fox, Lucasfilm, and Sony Classical over getting one.

18. JOKERMAN1

JOKERMAN1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2009
    keep your fingers crossed though!! you never know..

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    2200 signatures is a drop in the bucket. There would need to be several hundred thousand for it to make an impact. Also, it's Lucasfilm that makes the decision as to whether or not these ever get released.

20. JOKERMAN1

JOKERMAN1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2009
    ^^

well you are right...kinda...

here's whats i got back :

Zack,

No. No one has said anything about it and I don?t think at this point there is anything to be done. If they decide to release something in the future I?m sure it will be very popular but I do not know of any plans to do so at this point. My best advice is to just wait and see.

Best,

Angela

21. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I'd only want an AOTC one if they had whatever Williams originally wrote for the Geonosis music. I absolutely hate what they did with the music during that whole battle. But a ROTS one would be more than welcome.

22. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Agreed. I saw the film a week before the official release and sat there thinking, "Is it possible that by some freak accident this print just still has some temp tracks? PLEASE?" Unfortunately, a week later I found the answer was no.

23. Aiwendil42

Aiwendil42 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 16, 2008
    Was there original music for the Geonosis battle? I haven't seen any evidence that there was.

I agree, though, if they do release a complete AotC soundtrack, they must do a better job with it than with the TPM 'Ultimate Edition'. I don't want a disc 2 consisting of little more than butchered TPM tracks. The same goes for RotS, actually (which had a fair bit of music tracked from both TPM and AotC).

24. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    That's the thing, though. ROTS i though at least had enough of its own music to warrant a full soundtrack. I think the only borrowed music for the March on the Jedi Temple and the Kashyyk Battle (Which used a mostly unused theme from the AOTC Arena Battle.) and finally the Invisible Hand landing.

Let's not forget that ROTJ borrowed some music for Empire (The beginning of the Luke/Leia scene and the first few seconds of the entry to the reactor core in the Death Star) albeit only about 2 minutes worth. That small of an amount is okay in my book.

IMHO I feel that AOTC should be completely re-scored. Especially with that horrible synthesized male choir during the final duel.

25. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Was that an official release or a widely released bootleg like the 'Chinatown Complete Score' made from the music only tracks from the movie laserdisc? (Poor quality, if anyone's tempted to buy it, btw - mono & just generally poor)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.