Will we EVER see complete prequel soundtracks?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Guinastasia, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yes the TPM UE was an official release done by Lucasfilm and Sony Classical.
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9

IIRC, ROTJ has more than just "a few seconds" of ANH music in it-isn't most of the DS2 tunnel music from the trench run? I could swear it is.

And yeah, AOTC has a fair amount of recycled music in it. But the balance of the movie was completely original, I think, not to mention featuring two absolutely great brand-new themes: The Separatist/Count Dooku/Kamino theme and Across The Stars, not to mention the thoroughly splendid Imperial March rendition at the end of the film, the movement of AtS/Anakin's Theme/Imperial March at the end credits, and the great "psycho" music when Anakin goes off the deep end.

3. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    The tunnel music isn't the tracked trench run, it's another rendition of TIE Fighter Attack.
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Oh, okay.

Still-I'd say "revamped" hardly qualifies as new music.
  5. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Portions of "TIE Fighter Attack" and "X-Wings Draw Fire" are used during "Sail Barge Assault" and then in "Superstructure Chase".
  6. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    It amazes me that despite everything, we still have not seen these scores in a complete form. It's weird to me that the 10th Anniversary of TPM has seen nothing at all.
  7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think the fact that the release of TPM is such an ambivalent memory among many Star Wars fans (and the general public) has something to do with the lack of anniversary excitement.

The anniversary of RotS should end up more momentous. The film was better received, and its release was the END of the saga rather than just the beginning of the second (or first, depending how you're counting;) ) part.
  8. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 7
    I think they're trying to put some distance between the TPM UE release and any plan on releasing a complete recording to maximize profits. Also I wouldn't surprised if they've weighed in options regarding the medium in which it's released. Like having it downloadable for a price.

Isn't there some sort of star wars music tour happening right now? Maybe the tour is meant to drum up support for a complete recordings release of the saga?
  9. ebamf Jedi Youngling

star 1
    the fan-made prequel trilogy "complete scores" are pretty good, in fact they honored The Phantom Menace by including every single cue ever written for the film, in five disc's worth. the copy of AotC i have is meh, it needs some reworking still, although there is apparently an updated version so i will look for that. Strilo edit: Pirating/trading copyrighted material is strictly forbidden here.
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.