Speculation WIll we ever see the Lars Homstead on Tatooine again?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Bosskkkk, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Plebeian Jedi Master

star 1
    I hope not, I think we've seen enough of that dust bowl.

Possible exception of Mos Eisley cantina.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    If Tarantino directs Episode VIII, the entire film should just be shot in the Mos Eisley Cantina. They all get attacked by Vampire Krayt Dragons.
    Padme501st likes this.
  3. KevinM1 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I hope not. Tatooine has been in 4 of the 6 films so far. Moreover, Luke wouldn't have a reason to go back. The farm was ransacked by Imperials and left in disrepair for years. Plus, it was pretty clear that he never really wanted to go back, if given a choice.

I see him retiring to the temple on Yavin IV, or some place else that isn't a complete craphole. He's earned the right to experience seasons.
  4. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    i love the idea of doing a skyfall scene. with leia's life in jeoprady luke and han take her to the one place that nobody would look, the old homestead. there they would set up a defense there and fight off an assassination squad
    Padme501st likes this.
  5. Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Master

star 1
    5 of the 6 films, not 4.
    Padme501st and TreborSabreon like this.
  6. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    No need for it.
    I am strongly against revisiting places we've had a fair share of already.

Most of the ideas around here seem to suggest revisiting this or that, or having this guy or that guy come back and play a larger role or something.

New stuff, give us new stuff.
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  7. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    No, I think it is 4 - TPM, AoTC, ANH, and ROTJ - we don't see it in either Sith or Empire.
  8. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    We did briefly at the end of ROTS.

Not that it matters really :p
    Last edited by The_Hellhammer, Feb 16, 2013
  9. Sum-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I hope not. Tatooine has been overused. It appears in 5 out of the 6 Star Wars movies. Time to explore other planets!
    It will probably appear again in one of the new movies nonetheless...
    The_Hellhammer likes this.
  10. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    :oops: You're right - Good grief, one of the most iconic moments of Star Wars history, and I forgot about it...[face_not_talking]
  11. DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Well, with Vader gone, and Shimi gone, I hope we see less of Tatooine in the next set of films. Yavin would be great, Bespin would be cool, and new Planets/Environments would be nice. Of course, I would LOVE to see Courasant, too.
  12. Sith-Mullet Force Ghost

star 3
    What about Alderan? Will we see Alderan again? Come on people, let's hope that we see newer planets and systems.
  13. Wookiee_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Tatooine has always been a prominent symbol of Star Wars. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I had an idea a while back that the cave could be a place where Luke gets his students to undergo some kind of "trial", as he did. It would be nice to see his kid/nephew/niece do it.
  14. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    Now if the latest rumour about a Ben Kenobi/Darth Maul spin-off set between III and IV is true (which I doubt, but still) we are almost guaranteed to see the Lars Homestead again.
  15. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    Hell yes we will see it. Luke needs a place to stay when he returns to Tattoine to finally go up to Tosche Station and pick up his bloody Power Converters. I mean he has had them on layaway or something for over half a century now! Power still needs conversion, and Luke is still without Power Converters.
    Last edited by DarthPoppy, Mar 29, 2013
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Once Luke gets the power converters, only then will there be balance to the Force.
  17. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I salute you for your heartfelt and ongoing promotion of this "Tosche Station power converters" story line idea. Sadly, though, I think they will have stopped selling power converters there many years earlier, and poor Luke will leave empty handed. :p
    DarthBoba and DarthPoppy like this.
  18. battlefrontboy Jedi Knight

star 1
  19. sethg Pulled Pork Sandwich/E7 Manager

Manager
    star 1
    echoing all who've said the homestead was burned up in ANH. by the timeline of the ST i doubt there'd be much left of it beyond ruins.
  20. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    And Luke didn't take the time to bury Owen and Beru's skeletons in ANH as far as we know, so there's that possibility. :p
  21. gregvader123 Jedi Master

star 2
    I called it before and I'll call it again: new Jedi Temple/Academy/what-have-you will be on Tatooine. I'd bet money on it.

Who's down for a friendly wager?
  22. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Master

star 2
    A holo of it in Luke's office would be plenty enough.
  23. vypernight Jedi Master

star 2
    Considering it was torched 30 years earlier, would there be anything left of it?
  24. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see the Mos Espa cantina :p

No no no no no no - anything involving Luke SKYWALKER is part of the main saga and not a spin off
  25. princessnikki Jedi Master

star 1
    [IMG]

Luke can't go home....someone else has moved in!
    DarthBreezy likes this.