main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we finally see an apprentice kill a master?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CEB, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I know the plot is mostly out of the bag now, but not all of it is.
    It struck me on seeing others talk about how they are sick of The Sith, that we haven't actually yet seen on screen a Sith doing what Sith are supposed to do - taking the role of Master by killing the existing one.
    if we assume that Serkis is a Sith Master and Kylo Ren an apprentice of sorts (and please, lets not debate whether or not that's the case - their character threads and the "who's the baddie thread" serve that function) will we see that power structure remain in place? or will we actually see Kylo Ren show his strength by killing the master on screen? it'd be a first, and a good way of showing his strength. I'd prefer that to having the Master remain throughout while the apprentice is fodder for the good guys.

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, we did see Darth Vader kill the Emperor...

3. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    we saw Anakin kill the Emperor as a redemption plot point. We've not yet seen an apprentice plan and execute a Master in order to usurp them. That would be a sure fire way to show the danger of any new villain.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    We saw Maul kill Qui.

Jangounchained1990 likes this.
  5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The OP meant Sith/villain apprentice killing Sith/villain master, specifically to take over as the new Sith/villain master (which is why Vader killing the Emperor doesn't count)

6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Why would we need to see that though?

7. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I want to see Luke take out Snoke while Rey and Co. takes out Kylo and the First Order. That would be the most satisfying scenario for me.

nightangel likes this.
  8. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I would love to see that play out on screen! I know everyone is expecting the predictable "redemption" of Kylo Ren plot point, but wouldn't it be novel and equally intriguing if we see Kylo grow from this sort of "fan boy" of the Sith to a full-fledged Sith Lord badass, who overpowers his own master in every conceivable way!? Sure, it might diminish whatever badass-ness Serkis' character may initially embody. But it'd be so cool to see! Perhaps Snoke even voluntarily defects to the light side of the Force after seeing just how terribly disgusting his own apprentice has become? That's certainly something we've never seen before.

9. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...because it's been teased since ESB when Vader wanted Luke to join him and overthrow the Emperor, and then became a major aspect of the Sith's Rule of Two as of the PT... it's something teased, but never shown. Sheev tells Anakin that Plagueis own apprentice (himself) killed him in his sleep, which is the closest we get to hearing of it successfully happening in the films. We never see Dooku plotting to overthrow Sidious, short of the weak-ass attempt at 'rhyming' with ESB when Dooku tells Obi-Wan the truth about Darth Sidious controlling the Senate, and that together they could stop him. TCW gets more into the notion of Sith apprentices replacing masters, but obviously couldn't go very far with it... a lot of people wanna see that happen, in part because it'd be a different direction for an SW film to go: you think Snoke (probably) is the Big Bad, the Darth Sidious/Emperor (since the PT & OT treated him in different ways) of the ST, but then Kylo Ren, the Vader of the ST, takes over as the Big Bad by dethroning his old master. Something unexpected, generally.

10. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I would like to see it but I do not expect it to happen. I suppose they will save Snoke for an epic Luke battle but we've seen this scenario before. Of course we have a different writer/director next episode so perhaps there is a chance. If it does happen then who can they pit Luke against (provided Snoke is that powerful)? You know they want that fight to happen. I still prefer Kylo taking Snoke out in the next episode. Perhaps Rian Johnson will come up with an interesting scenario.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    This is one of the aspects I find most intriguing and if done right, could properly be explored in movies. Vader/Anakin simultaneously fulfilled both the Sith legacy and the prophecy of the Chosen One. Would be interesting to explore how the former would come into play moving forward in the event there was a secret apprentice, etc.

12. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Rey will take out Luke [face_devil]

Force Smuggler and B99 like this.
  13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Sure, but are we really calling Palpatine "Sheev"? Sounds really bad, even worse than Snoke.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    People call Palpatine "Sheev" to be funny. I know I do.

15. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Like it or not, it's canon. And it's quicker to type "Sheev" than "Palpatine" or "Sidious"... and I get bored of merely using the nicknames "Palps" and "Palpie" all the time.

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i call him sheevy.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I wish you fellas were here a decade+ ago when calling him Plapy was the bee's knees. He was always referred to as Palpy and someone misspelled it and made it awesome.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would think Luke exiling himself because he failed as Jedi master in training someone like a Kylo Ren(whether its his nephew or not) would make more sense than guarding some Sith shrine for the better part of 30+ years which does not make much sense to, especially as he was supposed to pass on what he learned, whether not he even trained Leia or if she trained anybody or not. Was Luke a dead end, the rumor imply he basically is. If the rumors arent true in this respect, then Luke could've created a new Jedi Order. We don't really know what happened after ROTJ, if the temple was reconverted back or what. If Luke never learned of the Sith shrine buried under the temple now Imperial palace, then the events of leading up to TPM and the Empire, would repeat itself.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why not Pappy?

[​IMG]

JediKnightWax likes this.
  20. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Kylo takes out Snoke.

Rey turns to the darkside and joins Kylo as his new apprentice.

THEY TAKE OVER THE GALAXY AND KILL ALL THE HEROES

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    ?? Thread title ??

[​IMG]

darklordoftech and TX-20 like this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I wouldn't count the Vader one, since he's killing Palpatine as a Jedi, not a Sith trying to replace their master. Not to mention the fact that he gets himself killed in the process.

The idea is that the apprentice takes the master out to replace them.

23. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I'd love a scene where a Sith Master accepts his death just like Obi-Wan did.

Sith: "Killing me is the only way to become a Dark Lord of the Sith!"

24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "Fulfill your destiny and take my place at your father's side"

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed

rumsmuggler and TK327 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.