main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we get to see Snoke complete Kylo's training?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Snoke said it was time to complete his training.

Will we get to see this on screen?

Will he put Kylo through tests?

Will he torture him?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I hope so.

We've seen multiple instances of Jedi Training. But we've never seen (in the movies at least) Dark Side (sith / Dark Jedi w/e) Training, Would be nice to get a brief insight into what takes place.

3. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    I doubt we will see it. There's somewhat of a chance we might see part of Rey's training, but I'd be surprised if we see Kylo's. He will simply come back much stronger and more competent in Episode VIII if I had to guess.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  4. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think its possible that Luke and Rey & Snoke and Kylo will be used as a light/dark comparison in Episode VIII - we'll see both masters teaching the two students, setting the stage for a confrontation in Episode IX.

This could explain del Toro being hired to play a new villain and/or Phasma being used in a bigger role; they could need someone to play the "active" villain role while Kylo is out of the action.

5. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I really hope so.

First, TFA does a good job of showing that Kylo has the reverse/opposite problem of Luke in the OT. Whereas Luke is fighting anger and resentment, Ben is fighting familial-love and empathy. It would be great to see a reverse-ESB-Yoda training montage with Snoke. That would be some excellent rhyming.

Second, we'll probably see Rey training with Luke. Showing Kylo doing the same with Snoke would help demonstrate that they're on parallel paths/demonstrate their duology.

6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I just think it would be cool to see dark side training regardless of the rhyming. I have the feeling Snoke is going to inflict a large amount pain on Kylo as punishment for his failures in TFA, and somehow Kylo will welcome it, as he probably (rather moronically) thinks it was physical pain that made Vader powerful.

7. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001

To go further, we could see Rey and Kylo dealing with the same issue from different places.

Rey may be angry at Luke (if he is her father and/or former teacher) and need to over come that anger to fully access the lightsaide while Kylo has those slivers of light still in him that he must get rid of to full embrace the darkness.

sterling3763 likes this.
  8. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I would really like to see some darkside training going on for sure. Mirroring Rey and Luke, assuming he trains her. Seeing them deal with similar issues as fenton says above would be a very interesting storyline.

9. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes, I think we can be almost 100% sure that we will see Kylo's training. I think a lot of episode VIII will revolve around the duality of the force, a good way to show this in the story would be to follow both Rey (the hero) and Kylo (the antihero) as they become stronger and lead into a rematch. I personally liked the idea of Kylo growing in power, but still being held back by the light, in order to prove himself to Snoke, he must both capture Rey and kill Snoke's other apprentice (Del Toro presumably). It has been stated in the novelization (I believe) that Kylo is the most promising of Snoke's pupils because of his bloodline, so another dark side initiate who Kylo must supplant to gain Snoke's favor is not unreasonable. I alos think that Kylo would best Rey this time, with Luke having to step in to save her.