main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we see any lightsaber advancements?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    What lightsabers will they feature in Ep 7? Will we see the double sided? Longer/broad swords types. Trick sabers...turning it off and on to evade and attack...etc

Something I'm hoping for is minimal use of the lightsabers, more like ANH, where their use was more symbolic.

I doubt it though.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    There will be lightsabers and lightshields.

3. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Please, No to minimal use. That's my least favorite part of ANH, the lack of lightsaber usage

4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Any more lightsabers in ANH would have been gratuitous. It had what it needed.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    spacename_the_name - While we are glad that you are back posting with regularity and that you are apparently rather excited to have discovered our "Create New Thread" function... we do not need multiple new threads each day on topics being discussed in other threads. For your convenience, there is a handy "existing" thread guide at the top of the main page and our "Search" feature is nearly as fun to incessantly use as our "Create New Thread" button. Slow down on the thread creation.

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The I-saber.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  7. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I wanna see a lightsaber that can shoot lasers.

8. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    No. The lightsaber must stay as it's always been. I mean what 'advancement' could you actually do to a lightsaber anyway.

9. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Don't forget about the I-saber Nano(because the basic model is just too damn bulky and unfashionable) and the I-saber Shuffle(you know, for the ADHD Sith or Jedi who just isn't satisfied unless their I-saber chooses a new color at random every time they activate it).

10. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Light-axes, light-whips, light-shields, light-nunchucks, etc. Actually, this movie could benefit from minimal lightsaber duels, etc. I don't want this movie to be reduced to a video game.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    A triple sided lightsaber would be amazing.

12. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    I"ll cool my jets

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  13. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    a new lightsaber designed by the mooninites

14. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Chuck Norris uses a lightsaber to brush his teeth.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  15. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I'de prefer very few lightsabers. Don't get me wrong, I love lightsabers, but the amount of people properly trained to use them in this era is looking pretty slim.

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  16. makingstarwarsisafraud

makingstarwarsisafraud Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2014
    Multiple colors on the same light saber

17. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm not too worried about Lightsaber overkill, 1. Because I love lightsabers, and 2. Based on when this film will take place, I can't imagine there are going to be many Jedi/Sith just hanging around. It's not like in the PT where there were thousands of Jedi around every day.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    If anything we should see a devolution in style, in regards to the lightsaber and other tech. The rumors so far say the GFFA is even more beat up than it was in the OT. Hence, devolved styles.

So maybe these Force sensitives try to make sabers but they're not very elegant looking, but sort of like cobbled together with available parts? Like if the Falcon was a lightsaber.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  19. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Hell, I'm just happy that the Forms are canon now (Inquisitor mentioned them in one of the Rebels clips).

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    The forms?

21. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    There's a clip from Rebels during a Kannan/Inquisitor duel where the inquisitor tells him he(Kannan) favors "Form 3" (Ataru) and that he's sloppy and unpracticed.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    If we're talking devolved styles, I'd love to see a protosaber...

[​IMG]

If Luke hasn't been around to train Jedi, and Force sensitives are out there trying to learn the ways of the Jedi/Sith, including saber-building, it'd be cool if some of them made their own makeshift lightsabers that require the external power supply.

JediFan215 likes this.
  23. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    A Swiss-Army lightsabre with twenty-five different settings for all your camping/combatting needs. Batteries not included.

24. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    This is an extremely advanced galaxy. A devolved lightsaber wouldn't make much sense. For example, Luke built one and no one showed him how. It seems to me that anyone with tech savvy, and definitely knowledge of energy weapons, could build one if they wished. I expect the lightsabers in this trilogy to be like what we've seen in the last six films with maybe one character having a unique or exotic blade.

JediFan215 likes this.
  25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Preserve the ancient mystery of the light sabre as seen in the Rebels pilot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.