main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we see any lightsaber advancements?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    For any of the ex-WoW players here.. ZinRokh? (I kid, I kid)

From the film Sword and the Sorcerer - the 3 bladed broadsword. (Yes, I kid again.)

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think we will see advancements new looks sure but no advancements.

3. Darth Maaliss

Dec 19, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett That I can accept as long as we get plenty "Wushu-style" Lightsabre duels. [face_devil]

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What about a lightsaber mosquito zapper? You see an old Jedi sitting on his front porch rocking in the rocking chair. His lightsaber dangles from the ceiling ignited. Periodically you hear dzzt dzzt. No more blood suckers!

5. Darth Maaliss

Dec 19, 2014
    How about a Jedi sensei catching flies with his Lightsabre chopsticks? :p

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I think we need a Rainbow Brite lightsaber. And the Jedi who uses it is excessively happy.

7. Darth Maaliss

Dec 19, 2014
    And constantly smokes a joint through the movie?

8. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    There shouldn't be much sabre action in TFA, as far as we know only a couple of characters are skilled in the use of said weapons. Of the good guys only one we can be sure of (I seem to remember a rumor about Lupita Nyong'o being a student of Luke's, but that was a while ago and i don't place much stock in rumors that never seem to have any follow up). Of the bad guys all we can be sure of is that SOMEONE has a weird looking Broadsabre (probably Kylo Ren, but we don't know who that character was for 100% sure).

Episodes 8 and 9 will likely feature more as Rey and Finn come into their own training.

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd like see a variation of light saber tech, old and new. Naturally, I do not want non stop saber battles, but it would be a lot of fun to actually see somebody build one of these on screen.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    and to append my previous post: if they borrow anything from Dawn of the Jedi , the Forcesabers are a terrific and very dangerous early take on Lightsabers.

I could see something like this being used, especially for the Sithy characters.

11. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    It's possible that the Broadsabre revealed in the TFA trailer was an early model. That the supposed guards are actually exhaust, based on their blowtorch look, and the unformed look of the blade.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is it actually called "broadsaber" now? I'm looking at Wookieepedia and it just calls it "Kylo Ren's lightsaber".

13. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    "Broadsabre" is my term. I think it fits. If it comes from anywhere else, i am unaware of it.

14. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    It's also possible that the Broadsabre is a new design that is overpowered, explaining the need for the exhaust and the energy up and down it's blade.

15. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I agree that the new red lightsaber is either an antique or a home-brew effort. A collectors piece. Lightsabers are scarce in the galaxy (as was abundantly clear in ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.