main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion Will we see Ben's homestead?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    We can presume ben had jedi information, training materials, holocrons. Will we see a scene were luke visits ben's homestead on tatooine?

Vale Man likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2005
    Yup.

[face_talk_hand] Or no. No one knows except the scriptwriter I assume.

3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that, even if that's a plot point, Luke already has them by the start of Episode VII. We may see some of his stuff, but I doubt we'll see his old digs.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2012
    If we see Ben's former home, we will also see Yoda's home on Dagobah... :)

No, I do not think that is going to happen.
    Maybe they will revisit the Jedi Temple...

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Of all the locales in 1-6, I see this one been the most likely used again, more so than the Lars homestead [what with the burning and all] as it's where it all started for Luke. Maybe would serve as a good backdrop for a passing the torch/sabre moment.

In regards to the Jedi temple I hope we don't have it as a focus, I'd prefer Lukes jedi to be in more humble surroundings which reflects his training and upbringing.

Vale Man likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 9, 2003
    Luke will probably find Obi-wan's hidden stash of death sticks, "Twi'leks Gone Wild" data tapes, and flesh light-saber.

Lord Tuvitor and Vale Man like this.
  7. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    I think having luke travel to Tatooine would be nice. Maybe trying to find out more about his father, grandmother, etc.

Having him visit Ben's homestead would be a nice touch. Obi Wan probably gathered a whole host of information while in solitude.

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd The Man / Also Known as Bazinga'd star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    If they do reference the Lars homestead, I hope it be short.....lots of material to cover in a 2.5 hr movie and IMHO this is not a major story line or fan concern.

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I guess it's possible that Luke may have been living in Ben's old place for all these years.........

10. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It would be pretty cool.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Vampire Killer star 8 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    I wonder if the new films will make extensive use of Watto's clubbox at the Podrace track. An important discussion took place there 45 years before this film!

Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  12. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Ugh watto was god awful

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Force Ghost star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Jar Jar's bay window would be a nice touch.

14. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Tatooine has always been a place for those not wanting to be found. I can see luke hiding in bens home seeking refugee from a threat.

What I envision is luke being the head of the jedi order. Wanting to implement or change the jedi order and running into internal strife with the other jedi masters. A plot brews to remove luke and even the skywalkers from the order. I can see them finding out about vader/anakin and use it to sway the public/senate against luke.

I can envision a "phantom menance" maybe han solo's son.