Discussion Will we see Ben's homestead?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Master

star 1
    We can presume ben had jedi information, training materials, holocrons. Will we see a scene were luke visits ben's homestead on tatooine?
    Last edited by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 27, 2013
    Vale Man likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Yup.

[face_talk_hand] Or no. No one knows except the scriptwriter I assume.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm pretty sure that, even if that's a plot point, Luke already has them by the start of Episode VII. We may see some of his stuff, but I doubt we'll see his old digs.
  4. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If we see Ben's former home, we will also see Yoda's home on Dagobah... :)

No, I do not think that is going to happen.
    Maybe they will revisit the Jedi Temple...
  5. CGI-BOBAFENT Force Ghost

star 3
    Of all the locales in 1-6, I see this one been the most likely used again, more so than the Lars homestead [what with the burning and all] as it's where it all started for Luke. Maybe would serve as a good backdrop for a passing the torch/sabre moment.

In regards to the Jedi temple I hope we don't have it as a focus, I'd prefer Lukes jedi to be in more humble surroundings which reflects his training and upbringing.
    Last edited by CGI-BOBAFENT, Jan 28, 2013
    Vale Man likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Luke will probably find Obi-wan's hidden stash of death sticks, "Twi'leks Gone Wild" data tapes, and flesh light-saber.
    Lord Tuvitor and Vale Man like this.
  7. Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Master

star 1
    I think having luke travel to Tatooine would be nice. Maybe trying to find out more about his father, grandmother, etc.

Having him visit Ben's homestead would be a nice touch. Obi Wan probably gathered a whole host of information while in solitude.
  8. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    If they do reference the Lars homestead, I hope it be short.....lots of material to cover in a 2.5 hr movie and IMHO this is not a major story line or fan concern.
  9. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess it's possible that Luke may have been living in Ben's old place for all these years.........
  10. Palpatine2016 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It would be pretty cool.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I wonder if the new films will make extensive use of Watto's clubbox at the Podrace track. An important discussion took place there 45 years before this film!
    Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  12. Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Master

star 1
  13. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    Jar Jar's bay window would be a nice touch.
  14. Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Master

star 1
    Tatooine has always been a place for those not wanting to be found. I can see luke hiding in bens home seeking refugee from a threat.

What I envision is luke being the head of the jedi order. Wanting to implement or change the jedi order and running into internal strife with the other jedi masters. A plot brews to remove luke and even the skywalkers from the order. I can see them finding out about vader/anakin and use it to sway the public/senate against luke.

I can envision a "phantom menance" maybe han solo's son.
    Last edited by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 28, 2013