main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we see the Unknown Regions in Episodes VIII and IX???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Dec 21, 2015.

?

Will we see the Unknown Regions with all their FIrst Order bases and shipyards in VIII & IX???

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Maybe even in a spinoff film or trilogy?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I just got the TFA Incredible Cross Sections book as well as The TFA Visual Dictionary and they both mention that the First Order resides in the Unknown Regions and that it mentions that the old Empire fled there after the Battle of Jakku. And of course there's the Aftermath novel and it's upcoming sequels mentions that there are labs and communication stations on asteroids and moons in the UR trying to harvest the power of the dark side. Both the TFA Visual Dictionary and the Incredible Cross Sections mention that the Starkiller base was originally from the UR and the Star Destroyers of the First Order are built secretly in the UR as well as their weapon systems aboard their warships are from Kyber Crystals that are harvested in the UR. And of course they mention there are First Order bases and Shipyards in the UR too.

Will we see the Unknown Regions in Episodes VIII and IX as well as the two sequels to Aftermath or any other future NEU novel? It would be fun to see awesome fleet space battles in the UR in VIII or IX.

2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I would be very surprised if the Unknown Regions don't show up more in the future. Maybe not 8&9 but definitely in some future novels. Who knows, maybe the YV get retconned back in? I would be okay with that since in the NJO series the Vong despised the force in general, they didn't see the difference in Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith. They hunted them both equally.

3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    We already have seen the Unknown Regions actually... Starkiller base is in the Unknown Regions, so I'm sure we're going back at some point.

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Was that in the Unknown Regions? I don't recall hearing the exact location? But it does make total sense.

5. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep. I think it was confirmed in the Visual Dictionary or something.

6. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The Unknown Regions would make awesome setting for the final showdown between the First Order and the Resistance Fleets in the final space battle of Episode IX wiping most or all of the First Order's shipyards and the ultimate armageddon like battle of Episode IX between the emerging New Jedi Order led by Rey and Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren and even Supreme Leader Snoke perhaps on an asteroid or a moon with one of the communication stations harvesting the dark side of the force.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The novelization says that Snoke is an alien from the Unknown Regions. Maybe we'll see Snoke's homeworld at some point.

8. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't recall that. Where is it stated?

dekaneas likes this.
  9. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    There isn't such mention in the novel about Snoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think it would be neat if the climax of Episode VIII would mimic the climax of TESB if Rey fought with Kylo Ren on a moon or asteroid or in a communiciation station in the UR and lost her hand afterwards. Then in Episode IX Rey with a bionic hand fights Kylo Ren again and wins on the planet Superweapon Starkiller Base 2.0 in the UR or maybe even on the bridge of a First Order Star Destroyer or First Order Shipyard in the UR. Tim Zahn's Thrawn novels Heir to the Empire and The Last Command had their final space battles at a shipyard. I hope we see a space battle or a fleet battle take place near a FO shipyard in the UR in Episodes VIII and IX.

11. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I sincerely hope so. Have any of the recently released books covered "Ren" specifically? It has been my hope that an area of the unknown regions would be referred to as "The Ren."

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I say yes.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Luke's planet was also in the Unknown Regions. Along with Starkiller base.

Big Boss and darklordoftech like this.
  14. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    As long as there are no YV.

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    If the First Order reigns in the Unknown Regions. I think the Resistance and New Republic should launch an Expedition to chart the UR to find all FO shipyards and bases and wipe them out. But likely the NR and Resistance will find many alien armadas there. Some could fight against the NR/Resistance while some could form allies. Perhaps when Rey trains with Luke in Episode VIII she could have a vision of Finn and Poe in danger fighting the FO fleets in the UR and Rey takes the Falcon to try to rescue them but fights Kylo Ren and loses her hand or arm like Luke in TESB and is recued by Finn and Poe and the Resistance.

In Episode IX the Resistance continues to chart the UR and in the climax of IX a massive space battle with hundreds of warships not just from the New Republic,Resistance and the First Order but many ships from other races in the UR to wipe out the FO once and for all and all the FO shipyards and bases are destroyed by the NR/Resistance.

Charting the UR in Episodes VIII and IX would make some interesting storytelling and Rey and co. Having adventures in the UR would some dark storytelling too.

16. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Good day to you, my twin!

And wasn't the Starkiller Base located in the Unknown Regions? Which means the Resistance guys already have one step in this largely uncharted territory and this can be part of a new storyline arc in Episode 8 - although it will not be so easy to bring down the First Order, who will definitely be on the guard for the presence of hostiles... Resulting in an epic battle that will nearly cause the downfall of the Resistance by the end of Episode 8!

17. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    There should be expeditions to the Unknown Regions by the Resistance and/or even Finn & Rey in the Falcon and Poe in his X-Wing leading his squadron in not only Episodes VIII and IX but perhaps bridge novels set between TFA & Episode VIII and/or between Episodes VIII and IX. Likely they will encouter alien armadas some forming allies with the First Order and some who may form allies with the Resistance. For all we know there could be even New Republic fleets hiding in the UR. That would make a plot device for Episode VIII and these New Republic fleets will most likely take part in the climatic space battle of Episode IX.

DavidSword79 likes this.
  18. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Isn't the Unknown Region the place where the remnants of the Empire did their illegal fleet-reconstruction activities, in breach of the peace treaty signed with The Republic? This was what I read in that "The Force Awakens" book published by Dorling Kindersley (DK).

So you are right there - in the sense that there may be many more First Order fleets stationed in that area and on standby for a big attack against the Republic. If the number of troops on both Starkiller Base and The Finalizer is a lot, I can only imagine how much, much more are scattered around the UR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I do believe that Rian will be taking us to the Unkown Regions, where horrors await our heroes.

20. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015

Yes, that is where they were doing their dirty work for creating things. Yup and even when that breach happened the guy in charge of the senate was like, No biggy. He's basically the reason why the Starkiller base went unnoticed by the Fleet.

Chiss? can we please have the Chiss now? I've been waiting god knows how many years to see my awesome blue dudes, so please Chiss? they come from the Unknown region as well, and if Thrawn is going to be in this then they HAVE to explain them.

21. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I wanna see Chiss Star Destroyers and Chiss clawfighters in Episodes VIII and IX as well as the Chiss,their home icy planet Csilla and the big man himself Thrawn take over the First Order and fight the Resistance and be played by Benocio Del Toro.

22. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The UR are a must for the big screen! Episodes VIII and definitely IX should have the big space battle in the UR that we are all dying to see! With hundreds of First Order warships and starfighters vs Resistance warships and starfighters along with hundreds of other warships and starfighters from other worlds and moons in the UR and even Wild Space perhaps alien warships and starfighters. Perhaps a certain alien armada(Vong)looks on the battle and prepares to invade the soon to be rebuilt Republic/Resistance in Episodes X-XII.

Here's how Episode VIII should begin with:

A small fleet of ships patrol the Unknown Regions and are caught in a small battle with the First Order Fleet. The crews are taken and prisoner and are forced to reveal the location of a vast armada of New Republic warships hiding somewhere in the UR. The crews refuse and are killed. We cut to Rey beginning To train under Luke. But is called back to the Resistance planet D'Quar to be briefed about the missing armada of NR ships hiding in the UR and is sent on a mission to the UR along with Poe and Finn by Leia to locate the missing ships and encouter strange types of ships and starfighters including ones from a race known as the Chiss and they find the missing NR ships crewed by NR offciers but are caught off guard by the First Order Fleet and there is a great space battle at the climax in the UR and only 80% of the ships are rescued by the Resistance while 20% are stolen by the First Order.

I'll have the battle for Episode IX later.

DavidSword79 likes this.
  23. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Episode IX will have the Resistance led by Luke,Leia,Rey,Poe and Finn venture into the UR once again with the help of allied fleets of ships in the UR take out all First Order shipyards,bases and communication labs on multiple asteroids and moons and planets with many moons with First Order bases resulting in the most spectacular space battle since ROTJ.

Even though the First Order are defeated or are in remnants. A new more powerful threat lurks in the UR. The Yuuzhan Vong fleet of worldships and coralskippers are ready to invade the rest of the galaxy as Rey begins to train a new Jedi Order leading into Episode X coming in 2021.

24. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Oh please no Yuuzhan vong, not yet. Please not yet. I will take the hive mind bugs over the Vong!

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I have a question. How is it that there is a thousand generation galactic civilization with a million worlds and tramp freighters that can fly from one side of the galaxy to the other, yet there are still unknown regions? It seems to me that the entire galaxy should have been explored thousands of years ago, either by those who are always yearning to see what's over the next hill, or by those who are greedy for resources. I can't imagine galactic maps of the Republic or the Empire with big blank spaces labeled "Here Be Dragonnes".