main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will we see the Unknown Regions in Episodes VIII and IX???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Dec 21, 2015.

?

Will we see the Unknown Regions with all their FIrst Order bases and shipyards in VIII & IX???

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Maybe even in a spinoff film or trilogy?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Yes. But there are, indeed, largely inaccessible regions of the Earth (such as in deep and mountainous rainforest, and under the ocean) that no human has ever been to (or, at least, no human has recorded having been to).

dekaneas and DavidSword79 like this.
  2. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I think why it's uncharted is ultimately a lot less important than what they decide to do with the space. There's so much potential to introduce new ships, weapons, races and outlooks on the force. It would be a missed opportunity not to use the idea at some point but it seems like a giant thing to add to the trilogy and could easily be screwed up so I hope they have a good plan for it before delving in.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  3. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    The Unknown regions is ripe territory not just for Episodes VIII and IX but Episodes X,XI and XII as well. Rey and co. will likely be exploring these mysterious regions of space for several future SW films. Episodes VIII,IX,X,XI and XII.

1.To wipe out the resources of the First Order for good ie.Shipyards,bases and communication labs on asteroids and moons that harvest the dark side. This will likely happen in Episodes VIII and IX.

2.To look for any other threats to the Republic and the Jedi ie.Yuuzhan Vong,Chiss,Ssi-ruuk,Nagai,Tofs and Vaagari,Nuso Esva's Eastern Fleet etc. This will almost definitely happen in Episodes X-XII.

4. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Take the fight to them how? With the 6-8 X-Wings that escaped the Starkiller Base attack? In the movie they stated that at least half their fleet was destroyed. I don't see them going on the offensive until they replenish their fleet again which could take years so it will be interesting how much of a time jump we have between VII and VIII.

Rhyoth and dekaneas like this.
  5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The Resistance can borrow ships from other races in the Outer Rim like the Mandlorians,Corellians,Calamari or ships from the Corporate Sector and Wild Space to increase the fleet of the Resistance. and perhaps find some of the remaining warships of the New Republic to help battle the FO in the UR. I don't think the NR fleet was wiped out entirely on Hosnian Prime. There must be other New Republic Fleets hiding in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space perhaps.

I just wanna see the Unknown Regions and all the First Order bases and shipyards and communication labs and for the Resistance to take the fight to them in the UR in Episodes VIII and IX. And perhaps Rey and co. having adventures in the UR scouting alien threats and alien armadas in Episodes X-XII.

6. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I guess they could go the other way and have a planet of pacifists. A nation of peaceful beings that feel the force and use it to heal each other and shield themselves. This led to longer life spans and over population which in turn forced them to spread out to other planets. Maybe their influence and techniques were welcomed at first but eventually they realised they would need to use the force to take territory for themselves. They were split into two factions one that remained on the home world and limited their own procreation while the other group aggressively spread across the UT with more violent force powers and primitive weapons. When travelers from our known planets arrived they realized they were far behind in terms of technology. Consequently any new travelers have had their minds wiped by the force while the species learn from the technology they bring with them and advance themselves until they are ready to spread again.

I know I've probably gotten all of that from somewhere else but I can't remember right now so I thought I'd throw it out there.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hidalgo explains what the Unknown Regions and Wild Space are here:

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    Yeah but not until Episode X-XII. When the galaxy is at peace, but resources have been utuerly spent by this stage.

9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    TO THE EARTH !!!!!!!!!! - DAMN THEY ARE COMING!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  10. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    There should be an exploratory fleet to chart the UR at the beginning of Episode VIII to chart the hyperspace lanes to enter the UR safely and to also make contact with any civilizations out there wether they are hostile and friendly where all the First Order fleets,shipyards,bases and asteroids and moons with communication labs that harvest the dark side. Then at the climax of VIII the Resistance can launch an attack on the FO but they won't win. That will be saved for the climax of Episode IX.

Also by the end of Episode IX and for years beyond IX leading up to Episodes X-XII. Rey could station a Jedi Academy on one of the planets and moons among the new charted hyperspace lanes in the UR and also the New Republic has built colonies on the planets and moons in the UR but word is out that the New Republic fleet has encounterd new enemy armadas in the UR which could be the Yuuzhan Vong or the Knights of Ren has grown strong and powerful and have built a new awesome fleet of warships and starfighters to stop Rey's new Jedi Order and the Republic.

11. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    What does everybody think of my Unknown Regions plot ideas? Should the UR also have a huge role to play in Episodes X,XI and XII with the Vong or any other alien armada lurking there that could be an enemy in Episodes VIII and IX and the SST?

12. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    If we're going to see the UR in VIII and IX and beyond to Episodes X-XII. Do you think we'll see Thrawn and the Chiss too in VIII and IX. If not then in Episodes X-XII? I really wanna see the asteroids and moons with the communication labs that harvest the dark side in VIII and IX or even X and beyond and to see the First Order Fleets,Shipyards and other bases that are in the UR too in VIII and IX etc. Do the Chiss help the FO build their strong naval fleet or they do oppose it and ask the help of the Resistance to take down the FO? I would prefer the latter with the Chiss and the Resistance taking down the FO fleet and many bases in the UR and then the New Republic and the Chiss team up again to take down the Vong and/or other barabaric species and their fleets in Episodes X-XII.

Episode IX should end with Rey,Finn and Poe boarding an exploratory ship bound for the Unknown Regions and searching for new threats to the New Republic and to build safe hyperspace lanes for the New Republic to travel through the UR and to search for new worlds and moons for Rey's Jedi Order to colonize too. It would be the perfect way to tie into the upcoming Episodes 10-12.

13. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Or perhaps Rey boarding an exploratory ship bound for the UR could be at the end of Episode VIII to look for the shipyards,asteroid and moon bases with communication labs and other FO bases across the UR. With Rey and co. and the Resistance launching an all assualt on the First Order in a climatic space battle at the climax of Episode IX and then Rey and then at the end of IX whether the First Order wins or not. Rey and co. board the same exploratory ship for the UR again to search for new alien threats to the Republic and safe hyperspace routes for the New Republic and New Jedi Order to travel through to lead into Episode X.

dekaneas likes this.
  14. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Hey! How about some more feedback about seeing the Unknown Regions and Wild Space in Episodes VIII and IX and even Episodes X,XI and XII?

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    If there is going to be a space battle in the Unknown Regions in SW Episodes VIII and/or IX or even X-XII. It would be fun and spectacular even if there were a space battle between the First Order Fleet,the Resistance Fleet and/or the New Republic Fleet among a cluster of black holes that could be lurking in the UR or a cloud of dark matter. In the SW Marvel Comic Legends series of the 70s and 80s. There was an issue 54 where Luke flies the Falcon over a black hole to destroy a Star Destroyer. It would be awesome to see Star Destroyers get sucked into black holes. Maybe some of the black holes could be portals to other galaxies where species like the Vong live and they manage to get sucked into a black hole to the GFFA and they prepare to invade the galaxy setting the stage for Episodes X-XII.

16. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I wonder if Rey and co. will discover and explore a fortress similar to the Hand of the Thrawn in the Legends books and learn what threats that may lurk in the Unknown Regions (this could happen in Episode VIII or the climax of Episode IX and be the antagonist of Rey,Finn and Poe in Episodes X-XII?

I still hope there is a massive space battle between the Jedi Order,New Republic and the Resistance vs. the First Order near an Unknown Regions shipyard or moon or asteroid in Episodes VIII and/or IX or maybe even in Episodes X-XII.

17. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    the holomap from the movie
    [​IMG]
    once i have SWTFA on youtube (i preordered it) i will upload the HD holomap
    Note: look at all the planet in the UR!=D=

18. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    the holomap from the movie
    [​IMG]
    once i have SWTFA on youtube (i preordered it) i will upload the HD holomap
    Note: look at all the planet in the UR!=D= and they have names (unreadable for now)

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    MillenniumFalcon2015 Please don't post two threads on the same topic. I've merged them together. Also watch the double/triple/quadruple posting. Thanks.

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So the Unknown Regions are vast areas of the GFFA populated with stars, planets, comets, asteroids and suchlike yet the Known Regions are vast areas of the GFFA populated with stars, planets, comets, asteroids and suchlike.

Will we see the Unknown Regions in Episode VIII? Would you even know if you did?

21. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    If we see some part of the Galaxy that somehow contains a large number of Finalizer-sized Star Destroyers and god knows how many troops + assault vehicles, then we know we have reached the Unknown Regions... And I'm hoping that there will be much of this as-yet unexplored area shown in both Episodes 8 and 9! =D=

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There's a 99% chance that Snoke and all of the First Order's territory is in the Unknown Regions.

23. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015

lol, the fact is this is fiction, its a large universe, we havent been given answers to these questions and it can all come down to "maybe the creatures in GFFA dont act like humans on earth IRL"
    i get what you mean and all, its just silly to nit pick at this, its not like you're going to get an answer ... until we all do.

this is a good discussion, i would love this direction, VIII the Resistance attacking where they think the FO worlds/bases are. on the way they come into contact with smaller, unknown species to them, who may or may not be aware of the 'known' regions of space. it would basically open up a whole new part of universe, ripe for creative ideas, characters, aliens, worlds, religions, etc. the Chiss thing sounds cool, not sure how likely thatll be. i wonder how long the FO have been set up there? maybe they havent been their too long and end up being attacked by a third party? maybe a bigger threat? speculation of course and im not sure how that could fit well within the current set up and constraints of two movies, but these ideas and this direction is interesting and i think would be such a waste to pass up on (in the movies... caus surely we'll see some of this stuff touched on in novels/comics)

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Or better yet, other members of Snoke's species. This seems pretty likely to me.

25. Madsci73915

Madsci73915 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2014
    Yeah they do, they are watching sports on screens in the bar in AOTC