main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will we see Tie-fighters?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by bluesaber70, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I was wondering if you guy's think there will be Tie-fighters or any other fighters we've seen in the movies on the small screen?

Also I'm sort of hopeing for a shot (even a quick shot) of the Death Star still being built. I think it would be a great way to bridge the gap between Epi.III & IV. Unless and it's very possible Lucas goes another way all togather.

Thoughts?

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Personally, I'm sure we will. And later on, probably X-Wings, too.

3. CrispySith

CrispySith Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2007
    Speaking of which, I think a great plotline for the series to follow would be the defection of the Incom X-wing designers to the Rebellion.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Really? That would make a great storyline?

Yes, the allegiances of aerospace manufacturing companies really get my adrenaline pumping.

5. CrispySith

May 26, 2007
    You don't think a side plot involving industrial espionage against the Empire and the origins of the X-wing fighter has potential?

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    It has potential to be boring.

Of all the fantastical and outlandish possibilities offered by the Star Wars universe, a side-plot involving "industrial espionage" is a terrible waste.

7. CrispySith

May 26, 2007
    If you say so.

8. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I don't agree, I think uniquely detailed storylines like that would be really nifty, chances of it occuring though are somewhat slim IMO.

The show has the opportunity to show some things that we either read out or heard of in one form or another. At the same time though, my guess is that little things like this will either just be hinted at or omitted altogether.

9. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I think as long as it doesn't overwhelm the story line it would be cool to see the fighters change to what or close to what they are in the OT. But, as I stated as long as it doesn't take away from the story first and foremost.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, but it's industrial espionage, followed by stolen protoypes. Whoosh! VROOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!! :)

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Well Lucas used a trade dispute as the main plot of an entire movie!!

12. overmydeadbody

overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2004
    Personally I think we'll see cameos from fighters from the movies but I reckon the series will be mostly standalone in that respect. And we may hear of the Empire and the Rebellion but I think they will just be in the background with the Emperor and Vader as like these almost mythical figures.

13. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I forsee the appearance of Twin Ion Engined vehicles flutting about, yes.

14. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Lucas has stated in many interviews about the live action series that in addition to Bounty Hunters, the series would focus on other background characters such as X-Wing Pilots and Tie Fighter pilots.

So if X-Wing and Tie Fighter pilots will be in the series, it's safe to say so will X-Wings and Tie Fighters in some form or another. [face_dancing]

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Exactly. It wasn't interesting.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Says you. I liked the film perfectly fine. :p

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It is safe to say that we are going to see all the hardware that has been introduced in the clone wars plus new stuff, to include concepts that were dropped.

18. master_quigon

master_quigon Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2006
    i think we will see tie fighters and x-wings, etc. the death star will hopefully be shown although it was shown at the end of episode 3. I've heard that this TV series is going to focus on the minor characters of star wars.

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    As opposed to the usual tired stories about Jedi and bounty hunters?

Personally, I'm sick of both those concepts, and feel that a story featuring a design team defecting to the rebellion is at least fresh story in the SW universe. But then, I always preferred the ships to the lightsabres.

20. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I think TIE Fighters and other iterations of the TIE craft are certainties in the upcoming television series. I agree with G-FETT that there is a good chance that X-wings will also be seen later in the series' timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.