main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Yoda (as a Force Ghost) be important to the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    In the finale of TCW, it states again and again how important it is that Yoda learns to become a Force Ghost, and how him as a Force Ghost will allow him to have a part to play so that good can triumph over evil "for all time."

Since Yoda's Ghost only appeared in ROTJ to smile after Luke redeemed his father, is this implying that Yoda may still have a role to play?

[​IMG]

2. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    I would honestly be very surprised if Yoda doesn't make an appearance. All signs point to Abrams & Co. wanting to heavily link the ST to the OT and bringing back an essential character like Yoda is another way to do that.

Not to mention on the business side Yoda is a hugely popular and marketable character. That equals money for Disney.

3. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think a Yoda force ghost is a lock in the ST. Maybe not in VII, but it'll happen. Qui-Gon, Anakin and Obi-Wan have issues with actors who are dead, expensive, and/or have mismatched ages. I would love to see a good Anakin-Luke conversation, but if we're going to have a Force ghost, Yoda is the safest and the most practical. He is the "face of the franchise" along with Vader.

The Clone Wars makes it seem as if Yoda gaining the Force ghost ability is important -- visions, a quest to good and evil planets, a battle against his own dark side, and it closes the series. I agree it would be ridiculous if that all happened so he could smile at Luke in ROTS.

4. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Look at how much better the puppet looks! They'll CG him if he returns, I guess?

5. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I can definitely see JJ bring him back with a message about a rising darkness or something. It's an easy cameo or plot device to keep very secret since the scene would likely only involve Hamill and the puppeteer (if that's the way they go .. maybe Frank Oz). Easy to keep under wraps until the premier.

Besides ... How else will Luke learn the secrets to preserving his identity when he becomes one with the Force? Are we to assume he learnt everything in just a few weeks on Dagobah?

6. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I can see him return. Funny how my co-worker's first comment on the news about the ST being made was "Wow, cool, will Yoda be in it?". :) He is an iconic character, I'm sure they'll find a place for him. Maybe as a force ghost consultant. Or a puppet that entertains small jedi younglings when they try to go to sleep.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But if good triumphs over evil for all time, how will Disney continue to milk the franchise after the ST?

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Be important, he better.

Sent from my R2 unit

KeithyT and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Return as a Force ghost he will, I think.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Obviously, if there has to be a Force ghost, Yoda is the one to pick.

I hope Frank Oz is still up to voicing him. But I think they would've announced it by now if he were in VII..

ForgottennJedi1986 and Jobertus like this.
  11. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Unless the idea is to make Luke the resident Force ghost of the ST, I would hope that TPTB bring back Yoda. As noted previously, Yoda makes the most sense, certainly barring Luke's death early on in the ST.

12. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I believe he said sometime last year that he is open to doing Yoda again and said that "Yoda is in my heart..." or something like that.

Whether he is a puppet or CGI or a bit of both remains to be seen - but I think force ghost Yoda will indeed show up.

Togruta likes this.
  13. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    I need to see a blue-ghosted Ewan coming back as Obi-Wan to talk to Luke. That would be fun!

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    If they bring him in as force ghost, you better believe they will be using Serkis as the facial movements. He's the best in the business at that sorta thing.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Ewan ghost? Uh no.

16. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I hope Yoda doesn't appear. I want the force ghosts to be gone, and not be something that lasts forever.

They had their fun with Yoda in the PT.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    Yep. I think Yoda will replace Obi-Wan as the force ghost guide for Luke in this trilogy. I don't think he'll have that much screen time though. Maybe a little less than he did in TPM.

18. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

I actually kind of wondered "how long" a force ghost could last. It would actually seem logical for them to only re appear when a new threat is emerging, I wouldnt mind that. I do agree, I think yoda will take over.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Still plenty of time. Is Frank still doing OK? If he is I don't see why he wouldn't return to voice Yoda.

20. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    I really really don't want force ghosts to be a major plot point, they're too convoluted already between Episode III and the DVD edition retcons.

That said, if they don't overdo it, I wouldn't Yoda playing a small part.

21. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I can see Yoda as a force ghost in episode 7. He could give Luke some advice. Like others have said, if done so sparingly.

22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I see him appearing at the end of the film.

In Lukes Meditation chamber:

Yoda: "Luke! Your eyes, open they must be. Still in existance, the Evil you have vanquished, is. Towards your home planet of Tatooine, should you look!"

Image Fades:

Luke: Reaches towards fading image: "Yoda!"

Roll End Credits

23. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    It makes the most sense.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any more thoughts?

25. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Of all characters, he should appear, though not very much. In a dead serious moment that drives the plot forward, sure. But NOT as fanservice.

EECHUUTA, Dewback, burg2774 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.