main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will you be going to and/or dressing in costume for IQM2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    If you are going to be going to the Imperial Quartermaster Convention August 9th and/or 10th, please post back here. Also, let us know if you are dressing up and who you will be. I want to get a list of names together so I can send them to Jedi-Natalie.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    As I mentioned at the meeting, I'm still working childcare issues, but hope to attend. I can pretty much guarantee though, that I will not be dressing up as anyone.

I downloaded the IQM commercial today and I hope the version running on TV is a little more intelligible than what I downloaded. The audio was so distorted I could only make out about half of what was being said. I'm glad all the details are on the website or I would've never figured out what was going on. Video-wise, it's pretty simple. Just a lot of quick cuts of different toy brands and some video of the last show I assume. The graphics are also standard graphics packages that I've seen on several different commercials in our area. There is a cool Terminator endoskeleton at the end that looked to take some work, but the rest reminds of a used car dealer's commercial. It makes sense though, as I'd save the bulk of my advertising budget for the actual air time and try to save on the production of the commercial too.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Dal, I believe you said you have dial-up service, I do too. How long did it take you to download the commercial?

I'm going to IQM2, probably not dressing up. Like I said in the meeting, I do have a Kick-but Cloak, and the ability to get riding boots. There is a lady that I know in town that owns an online equestrian store. She is willing to sell the boots for only $30. Not bad considering I've seen them run for as much as $300.

Maybe in a future meeting, we can start coming up with ideas for making our own costumes.

JMK

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It probably took less than 5 minutes to download. It wasn't a horrible wait. It was a .wmv file, so it didn't take too long.

My stepmother is a seamstress. She mainly does curtains and accessories such as that. I don't know if she does any clothes or costume type of things, though I imagine she could. She does incredible work. I've always kind of wanted an Imperial officer's uniform. I figure that's about as close to regular clothes as you can get in the SW universe and still be comfortable. Maybe I'll approach her about it someday (after I've dropped about 40+ pounds in my gut).

5. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I already have an idea for a costume for the next IQM convention. ohhh I love this place!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.