main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will you be reading or looking at reviews/ratings of TFA before you see it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Fruit Pastilles, Mar 7, 2015.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I more than likely won't..

2. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    After I see the movie, I will be looking to check if people in general, not just professional critics, are liking it or not. Out of curiosity. I don't let any of that stuff dictate what I like or don't like. But I hope it does well. The better it is, the more we all benefit from it. More movies, more series, more comics.

I like all SW movies to different degrees. I don't love the PT. For me it's hard to judge the OT objectively, but not the PT, because the PT wasn't a part of my childhood. But I like the PT fine. I enjoy watching it on occasion. I think ROTS is pretty great. Especially that last hour. And about ROTJ, I saw it as a kid. That was my favourite. The furry people were adorable to me. While now I think ESB is the best one, ROTJ is still my favourite to watch because it brings nice feelings.

But I digress. My point is, even if it's different to the PT, it would be silly to say JJ's is better than GL's. TFA only exists because of what GL created in the first place. To discredit a man's work because you didn't like some of his choices in a couple of movies is just ignorant. To say JJ's is better than GL's is gonna mean TFW is better than 1 through 6. And if you think 7 > 1-6, that's okay. But GL couldn't be inferior to JJ. Unless you said "I hated SW until I saw TFA". And even then you'd have to thank GL for at least creating that universe.

Skellybobs likes this.
  3. Kabal

Kabal Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    I will be staying away from just about everything personally. I made the mistake of watching Cinema Sins "Everything Wrong with the trailer" video, and the author threw in his own pet theory on the movie, which now I can't get out of my head, and I'm kicking myself for even watching it (he did warn viewers to his credit).

I don't want any more information regarding the movie to spoil me. I'm taking my two kids and wife on December 18 and that'll be the next time I see anything about it. :)

queenofhollywood likes this.
  4. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I enjoy reading reviews but when I'm this excited about a film I don't trust myself to stop whenever I see spoilers. I've managed to make it this far without reading anything too bad. I'd hate to ruin that with less than a week to go. But I do fully intend to watch Rotten Tomatoes' percentage meter and maybe read a few of the brief snippets. What can I say? I'm a fanboy. I want to root for my team and I want it to win and be seen to win. And if worst comes to worst and it sucks worse than AOTC (is that even possible?) then I can always retreat back into Legends.

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Absolutely. I always do that before a movie comes out just to see what the general feedback is. Even if the reviews are bad it still won't stop me from seeing it.

6. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    At this point, I might not. I don't want to get overhyped (in terms of reception that is) for this movie or have negative reviews preemptively affect my opinions.

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I am now trying hard to stay away from anything that isn't officially posted by LFL, like these recent posters. But all these "theories" are starting to annoy me, especially since some of them are so ridiculously far-fetched. I suppose that helps me stay away from articles full of rumors and all.

I'm not surprised-I knew even over a year ago, that once we reach about the one month point, I will have to start avoiding the internet more and more-and especially once the premier arrives, I will literally have to stay off of all internet and social media completely. This NSA forum will be my only refuge!! :-B

8. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    I don't know why but I think I just had a prophetic dream about the movie. It took place when the movie just came out and I think I saw the score: 75%