main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will you buy the toys when The Force Awakens is released?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fruit Pastilles, Feb 14, 2015.

?

Will you be buying any toys?

1. Yes, and by that, I mean a lot.

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Maybe. I might get a few here and there.

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. No. I'm too old for that stuff, or just not interested.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Most definitely. I'm not into the vehicles or Legos or anything like that, but I'll definitely be picking up the action figures.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If I like the movie I'll probably grab some of the Lego's.

3. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Hence me saying "Now the video games? That's another matter entirely..."

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hard to say, but if I react as I did to Cap last year, I'll probably spend that money to see the film a few more times.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wish i could but don't have money for stuff like that.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not sure about toys. I'd love to get my daughter (who is about to turn 4) a "Rey" or Leia doll but not sure how impressed she'll be. When I bring up Star Wars she says "nooooo, daddy like Star Wars, I like princess and frozen" so there's that. I've taught her the names of all the classic characters but thinks I'm saying "jello knight" instead of jedi knight.

She's into legos, but duplo disney legos. No duplo lego sets with SW unfortunately!

Right now I'm hoping for the score (that's a given), the Making of TFA and Art of TFA books.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Might get some ships or favorite characters.
    Definitely going to get a lightsaber. Haven't had one since I had Luke's green saber when I was younger.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'll only buy the figures of the new Ewok characters.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    HECK YEAH!

11. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Aaaaaw she sounds so cute [face_love]

12. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    I'll be 18 when the toys come out but that isn't going to stop me from buying most of the Legos, Kylo Ren's lightsaber, and the remote controlled BB-8. The Legos for this movie will probably be killer and I won't be able to control myself. :D

B99 likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Do not be so hard on yourself. If you can afford it and enjoy it, go for it. For me it's not age that dictates: it's budget and if I'm going to get pleasure from whatever I purchase (which is why I am returning a Sideshow figure I purchased last week.)

14. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Budget permitting I'll be adding the new guys to my collection + any sweet looking creatures....oh maybe a few troops and the old guys too...and one of those x-wings while we're at it ;p

I'm not so much a completist anymore and weirdly the older I get, I get more enjoyment from playing with them as opposed to display like I used to. Can't wait to have a BB8 at my desk.

15. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    As i have a 7yr old son i wont have the choice of not buying any, the release date being so close to christmas isnt going to do parents any favours though, how many kids are going to suddenly decide they dont want Age of Ultron toys off Santa anymore and just want Star Wars.Knowing my son though he will completely catch us out and ask for Mad Max toys.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I've been putting away lil money here, lil there for almost a year now. For these stupid pieces of plastic.
    I would recommend people to buy some of these to collect. These are gonna be huge!!!!

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    And thus Force Friday has left its mark....explain here. I got each of the 3.75 and some ships.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  19. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    nah.

I kind of want one of those expensive, non official lightsabers with a yellow blade though if any of you love me you'll get me one of those for christmas lol

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Locking thread at this point. This was originally a poll about who intended to buy toys vs. not buy them. Discussions going forward should be in the main "Toys, Collectibles, etc." thread.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.