main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will you cheer when Jar Jar gets iced?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Bresson, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    HeHe, i doubt your thoughts have much effect at all, JediAL, i feel as much hatred as you towards Jar Jar, the clumsy, stupid Gungan!
    People are just getting tired of this thread, but not me!!!!!

How did the clumsy oaf get to be Senator assistant in the first place??

2. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    He brought the Gingans and the Naboo together and helped free his planet.

I can't beleive there's still so much pathetic dislike for JJ.

Let it go already.

Jar Jar won't be seen dying on screen. Lucas doesn't want to give the haters the safistaction. :p

3. JediAl

JediAl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    Excellent to see that the subject has been discussed at length....I thought for a moment that the modified lyrics from Metallica's "Creeping Death" ("Die...by my hand etc) had caused costernation....but in any case...die Binks!!!

4. Shmi02

Shmi02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    No-- b/c no matter how much Jar Jar annoys me, I think it will be awful and totally ruin people's concentration on the movie. I hate it when something asinine happens in a movie, then I miss the next few minutes b/c the crowd is trying to "settle down"-- oy!!

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Wow, what a great thread!

I can't stand him either, I used to hate the ewoks, but i figured George couldn't come up with anything worse.

But he did!

God he's annoying. I hope he does die in ep.3, I will cheer, I reckon most of the audience will too. I know it won't happen , George knows that too many people will be happy to see him die.
    But it's great thinking about it! :)

g

6. Qui-Gon-Jinn2

Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2002
    Its been confirmed he lives through e3.

7. w0rf

w0rf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    "The Emperor has permanently dissolved the Senate. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away."

Senator Jar Jar does not need to die in Ep 3 to become a footnote in history.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Ahh hmm... Qui-Gon-Jinn2 ?? I know you don't mean any harm, but i believe that if it was 'confirmed' it would not be discussed in this forum (spolier-free)!!

This is all just fun speculation on the annoying Jar Jar Binks!

If Jar Jar was to die during ep three, it would most likely be off sceen! Oh well!

9. JediAl

Aug 11, 2002
    Jar Jar Binks....in the name of all things decent and intelligent,remove yourself from the Star Wars' scene either by your own webbed hand or by tasting the searing heat and incisive power of a lightsaber...In short...Binks OUT!..And don't come back!!!

10. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    One, Gungans don't have webbed hands.

Two, Jar Jar can come live with me. I prefer to have kind, compassionate people around me, and since Jar Jar has compassion in spades, he definitely qualifies.

11. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    Maybe his lives through III and the OT. It goes like so: He finds a cave and slowly falls in love with the japor snippet found in padme's dead hands. And in the cave he stays being ever so consumed by the evil of the snippet; poisoning his mind and causing(unbeknowest to him) his already disheveled body to deterriate further however never enough to kill him. After 500 years he resurfaces to plauge the lives of those in the NJO.

"Me preshesssssss."

12. JediAl

Aug 11, 2002
    Well whatever Kosmic...but one thing is certain..He has to "leave".

13. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Agreed JediAl, Jar Jar is a menace and deserves to fade into SW oblivion. :mad:

I hereby propose that if GL does not take care of Jar Jar properly in EP3, we gather a posse and bring him to justice for his crimes against the SW universe. [face_devil]

Who is with me?!

14. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    i had a feeling he will sacrifice himself to save someone, and then say some kinda funny Jar Jarism before his death... "dis'n nutsen!" or something like that i don't know. or maybe he will be deciding whether to board a transport to alederan or some other out of the way plannet and it will be a tense moment whether he chooses the planet that is blown up or one that is out of da way where he lives happily ever after... and he'll decide one then change his mind several times.The audience may decide what planet they root for him to pick... that would be interesting, the Jar Jar haters vs the gushers...

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm kinda hoping he'll get his elongated tongue caught in a ceiling fan, it'll wrap around his throat and he'll say one last time :

"Exsqueeze...akkk!!!!"

g

16. Galacticus90210

Galacticus90210 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2003
    Yes, I will definately cheer when Jar Jar is killed. Jar Jar Binks is a terrible mistake that will haunt George Lucas to his grave.

17. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I also thought the entire Gugnagan population almost would be exteminated, that would suppose to be a tragic thing but how many people would find that tragic with all the gungan hatred here. I personally would fie it sad, come on Capt Tarpals is cooler than Jar Jar, who wasn't really THAT bad i mean there are people liek that somwhere int the star wars galaxy, Qui Gon found him annyoing but he didn't want to brutally murder him. right? ...or did he?...

18. JediAl

Aug 11, 2002
    Lorderon_Mauler...maybe Qui Gon did harbour thoughts of brutally murdering his Jar Jar-ness..we will never know.

19. GoalTaylor33

GoalTaylor33 Jedi Master

Oct 21, 2002
    Jar Jar dying giving his life to save the twins...that would be the way to go.

20. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Jar Jar dying giving his life to save the twins...that would be the way to go.

Then they'll have to rework the scene with Leia telling "just feelings maybe and a certain long eared..." 8-}

Just kidding.

Anyway, I thought of that as well. Who knows?

21. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Jar Jar is innocent and kindhearted, I won't cheer if he gets killed.

ITA. And if anyone in the theater cheers, I'll have no second thoughts on throwing my box of Sour Patch Kids at them. 8-}

Jar Jar, despite the fact that some people don't like him, is a sweet, goofy character, and it'll be a sad moment if/when he's killed. Though I like him, I think it'd be better if he was indeed killed off. It shows how dire the Republic has become. I always thought it'd be a powerful moment if, like some have suggested, he was killed protecting the twins.

22. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I do not know why there is this hate for a this character!. I love Jar Jar!! Thought he was cool and funny. Brought the Gungans and Naboo together. Just because he is clumsey that is reason to hate him. I bet must of us are or was just as clumsy as him growing up. If you want to talk annoying, how about Gullom. Now I will cheer when he gets iced in ROTK.

23. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    I thought he was gonna be in Return of the Jedi SE DVD or maybe that's just a wish list.
    Here:
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/area51/aurora/3266/jarjar3.jpg]

24. DarthGentilian

DarthGentilian Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2003
    Jar Jar will NOT die in Episode III.

In fact, the final line spoken in Episode III will be:

Jar Jar: Mesa goin' to ALDERAAN. 'Tis a SAFE place, it 'tis.

DarthG

25. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Jar Jar takes over Sio Bibble's place. Come on that has to be it!8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.