main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will you cheer when Jar Jar gets iced?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Bresson, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSHB

LSHB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2004
    I would approve of either of two things happening:

1) Jar Jar dying in a completely random and unexpected way. This could include such things as dying exactly how Poochie 'dies' on the Simpsons, i.e. a still frame of Jar Jar says in a very deep masculine voice "I have to go, my planet needs me" and then lifts jerkily off the screen, or perhaps he's walking over to hand Senator Palpatine an apple in the Senator chambers, trips, and falls into an enormous blast furnace situated nearby for no apparent reason. The other senators would look at one another, shrug, and keep on with whatever they were discussing.

or

2) Jar Jar dying in a totally overdone drawn out scene intended to give him ridiculous amounts of dignity, which would send the audience into peals of hysterical laughter. This could include dying very slowly with great pomp and circumstance as a Senator in a bed surrounded by the entire cast of the film, weeping softly, or perhaps heroically interposing himself between an enraged Anakin and something, like a pack of Ewoks, and taking several dozen saber injuries before collapsing. Then he could grasp Obi-Wan's robe and murmur "Earn dis...earn dis" a la Saving Private Ryan.

Just as long as he's dead.

"The first shot puts him down, then you put one in his brain. Then he's dead. Then we go home." -- Miller's Crossing.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Sadly, I suspect we will not have the supreme satisfaction of seeing this abomination meet its end. Mr Binks will probably just fade into the galactic background.

Frankly...if I was Palpatine, I would seek supreme power as well, to rid the galaxy of Ewoks and Gungans. If you look at it from that perspective, he was doing us all a favor.

3. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    Long live Jar Jar Binks!!!

4. LSHB

Apr 12, 2004
    Yeah, he faded pretty well already in AotC, and didn't even trip over a single thing. Still, of all 'people' I hardly expect Binks to disappear gracefully.

5. Letterman

Letterman Jedi Master

Mar 19, 2001
    lets face it. if the gungan army can survive the battle of naboo, without any on-screen casualties, we have no hope of seeing jar jar bite the dust.

if he does though, its sure to top "corpsy" by a long road :)

6. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    if the gungan army can survive the battle of naboo, without any on-screen casualties

During one of my most recent viewings of TPM, I paid special attention to the Gungan v. Droid army battle to see how true the claims that there are no dead Gungans on the ground anywhere throughout the battle. Upon watching especially closely, I learned that those claims are false. Gungan bodies are laying on the ground at points in the battle. For example, the scene in which Jar Jar has half a battle droid flung on his back and he flails around trying to get it off: there are Gungan bodies on the ground in the background. There aren't any in the shots of the living Gungans being rounded up because the armies aren't in the same place that they were when they were fighting; the Gungans had retreated to a different area and the droids pursued them to that location. But, there are dead Gungans on the ground at points in the battle.

7. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Pity jar jar was not one of them.

8. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Hooray that Jar Jar wasn't one of them! Love that Gungan!

EDIT ADDITION:

I can't believe it took a few minutes for this quote to actually hit my consciousness,...

"Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death; some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement."

9. LSHB

Apr 12, 2004
    Yeah, I also recall seeing some Gungan bodies during that fight, and I was actually looking for them during the film in the theater (it got that bad). Why the entire galaxy didn't take to using their invinci-shields is beyond me, though.

10. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Yeah, those shields were pretty nice -- kind of medieval in style: establish a front line with shieldsmen and unleash an assault with long-distance weapons (arrows or boomas, take your pick) from behind the protective wall of the shieldmen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.