main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Will You Purchase A Nintendo GameCube?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, May 22, 2001.

?

Will You Purchase A Nintendo GameCube?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes: I will be camping at Toys R Us the night before it's released.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes: But not until the price drops next year.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes: I will add it to my collection of other game consoles.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Yes: Just for the cool Star Wars games it will play.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. No: No DVD player, no money.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No: I will be purchasing the Microsoft X-Box instead.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No: I hate Nintendo, PS2 Rocks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No: I can't afford it.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. No: I'm not into video games, you childish being.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. What's a GameCube?

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
  2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You forgot the choice "I'll be purchasing one along with a PS2 & XBox!"

I am gonna be so damn broke.

3. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I just thought I should post a little detail info:

GameCube will be released on November 5th. X-Box on November 8th.

Gamecube will retail for $199, X-Box for $299. Sony is expected to lower the price of the PS2 to $199 in November to keep up with the big "N".

Rogue Squadron 2 will be released at the GameCube launch. For more details about the game, click here.

Some other games being released for GameCube will be Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Zelda, Super Smash Brothers 2, Star Fox, Madden 2002, Wave Race (my fav.).

[image=http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/news/image/cube/gcnewlogo1_top.jpg]

4. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    If Sony drops the price to $199, then I will wait until Nov to get one. I see plenty of them right now, and I'm damn tempted, but the price is killing me. But $199 for something that powerful, that doubles as a DVD player. Sign me up!

5. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I wouldn't buy the PS2 because of it's DVD capabilities. It would be better to spend some change on a cheap DVD player. The PS2 isn't known for great DVD playback.

6. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    But you get a kick ass game console and a DVD player! Obviously, you wouldn't want it to be your main DVD player, but as a secondary place to watch DVDs (like when my kids want to watch some Disney movie while I'm plopping X-Men into the player), it'll fit the bill.

7. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hubby bought us a DVD player, so I've got that covered. And I must stay away from video games (on any format, including PC). I get so addicted to them, I don't do my laundry, have to have all my food delivered b/c I'm too busy to cook, and forget to clean the catbox until the odor becomes strong enough to breaks through my gameplay tunnelvision. Yup. No video games for this girl!

8. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    :( not even a little X-wing Alliance, the best game ever made?

9. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    KnnOs, is it that good? I LOVED X-Wing, and I've got the hankering for XvT. I guess Best Buy will have them on sale for $15 bucks. So, worth my effort to pick it up?

10. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    If you can get X-wing alliance and you liked the original X-wing then GET IT. The story is 10x better, the graphics are 50x better, and yet it stays true to the original in gameplay. GET IT.

You want this game. (waves hand)

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I have seen the whole series at Media Play for $20.

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, XW vs TF, and XW Alliance.

12. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    AND Alliance? Are you sure about that? Normally you get the X-wing Trilogy set, which is X-wing, TIE Fighter and Xvt Academy, which is not the full version mind you.

13. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I don't know for sure. I thought it had alliance, I could be wrong. No, wait...I'm never wrong....

14. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Nope, KnnOs, not even a little X-Wing Alliance. Never ever played any of the SW games for home video. Nor most non-SW games. The last game I was conversant with was Doom (for PC, I believe they later adapted it? (not sure)). That should tell you how much I try to avoid them.

Now, this rule only applies to my owning them personally. If I had a friend who had them, it'd be fine for me to indulge at their home. But if I had it at home it would be too much temptation. It is :( , I agree. Just the awful truth. :D

15. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I really, really want to play Nintendo games. Love Mario, Zelda, Starfox; and Rogue Squadron is to awesome for words! But...I am sick and tired of Nintendo not doing backwards compatibility. Yes I know the Cube is some kind of CD thing based not cartridge, but Aaaa! GameBoy is on it's third system soon, and old games can be played on the Advanced. That's why I'm own a PS2. The DVD player helped my decision, but I was so mad a Nintendo for scraping it's old games once again, that I said that's it! So maybe when GameCube goes to $100, I'll go for it, but not before then.

16. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    that deal Mav is talking about is how I got alliance, Which I think suffers tremendously in storyline, especially because they produced Tie Fighter first. and A certain person does not get punished for his treachery.

As to the consoles I am torn between XBox and GameCube. Sure PS2 has Starfighter but that is the only flight sim I know of on it. whereas Gamecube will have Rogue squadron and probably Starfox. And XBox will have Halo. Probably will get a gamecube though. Nintendo has turned out a number really good games and I will have to check on Microsoft before I decide on them. And both those consoles blow the PS2 out of the water in terms of capabilities.

17. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yep, I'll be getting a GameCube but probably not until after Christmas when I'll (hopefully) have more money. I like the fact its $100 cheaper than X-box and PS2, and that's a fair trade-off in my opinion for the graphics not being as realistic. Plus, I'm addicted to the Zelda games. That alone would make me purchase it. The SW games are a nice side-benefit.

Jeff according to DVDFILE.COM, at the E3 convention, Sony indicated their would be no price drop for the PS2 in the near future. Just thought you'd like to know.

18. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    There is no quality drop in the GameCube compared to PS2 and X-Box. In fact, the PS2 can't even come close to the quality of GameCube. X-Box will come close, but the games will make the difference.

19. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    LUCASARTS ANNOUNCED JEDI KNIGHT: OUTCAST!

Finally my prayers have been answered! A new Dark Forces Game!!!

20. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Mav, any idea (since I'm too damn lazy to look myself) if the GameCube will be more stupid cartidges or will Nintendo finally move to a CD/DVD?

21. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    disk of SOME KIND Jeff, 's all I know.

but my ignorance is of little consequence, there is a new Jedi Knight game coming!!!!

22. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    The GameCube will use a proprietary DVD format. Little 8cm disks. They will hold 1GB of data. Later next year Matsu****a will release a GameCube that will double as a DVD player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.