main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will you read spoilers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HaloWithStyle, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I mean like when in depth reviews come out is anyone here planning to actually read everything there is to know about the story etc before seeing the film? If so then why?

2. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Mainly because i just enjoy getting my hands on the story. I'm not really fussed how get it, i just want to know :)

3. HaloWithStyle

May 11, 2015
    Haha that's pretty funny.

I don't know why people would want to ruin their first viewing experience by reading too much.

Merric likes this.
  4. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Oh, yes, indeedy. In fact, with a week to go i'm surprised there hasn't been more dished already, and i'm jonesing for spoilers. I'll read anything and everything. I might have to resort to fake leaks on Reddit for my fix if nothing comes soon.

Someone, please, blab the whole thing and save me from Reddit!:p

5. HaloWithStyle

May 11, 2015
    Gosh I find that crazy you'd feel like that lol but I guess we're all different.

ColdLazarou likes this.
  6. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I can't help it.:) I'm pining for the old days when i knew AOTC pretty much inside-out months before i saw it (actually, that turned out to be a very good thing, as i knew what to expect going in: AOTC is my least favourite SW movie). But i always used to read the novelisations before seeing the movies as well, so i'm just used to knowing what i'm going to watch with SW. TFA feels really weird in that respect - the first SW movie where i don't 100% know what i'm getting into.

That's not necessarily a bad thing - just different i suppose.

(Still need to know who Rey and Snoke are, though!)

7. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

there is a good chance the official TFA book will leak out before the US screenings, i'd imagine people in queues will be reading the book while waiting to see it for the first time [face_laugh]

This is very common

ColdLazarou likes this.
  8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Will I?

I don't plan to, but I know myself. I will do it.

9. Lobot_the_Jedi

Lobot_the_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    My understanding is the first showings are Wednesday the 16th?

I have tickets for 11:00am Friday, the 18th.

I plan to go dark Tuesday the 15th here on the forum.

For that matter, I'm going to stay away from the internet in general between the 15th until the 18th anywhere I may see anything revealing anything regarding the plot for Ep. VII.

I personally don't want to be *too* spoiled.

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no. i know enough already and it's a week so i'll make it.

Merric likes this.
  11. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    Yes, I have been reading as much as I can about this film since the Spoilerman rumors one year ago. I want to know everything, I feel it's appropriate in the information age we live in.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if any posters here have been arguing with people who do not believe the spoilers. I keep dealing with people who insist Han won't die, that Luke is evil or will fight Kylo, etc. It's maddening how people refuse to read the spoiler, and just go around thinking they are right when the info is already out there to quench their speculations.

12. MagnaZero

MagnaZero Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2003
    I am completely lacking in self-control. I'm going to see TFA on December 21st at the earliest, and I'm probably going to already know everything that happens going in.

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Some but maybe not all. Who knows. :)

14. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
  15. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Youuuuuu willllll noooooooooooooooooot. You want to get spooooooooooooooooilllllllllllllllllllled

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why would I when I've already seen the movie?

Kirk kills Han.

17. Dirty_Biggs

Dirty_Biggs Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2014
    If I had a chance to click a link that took me to a detailed review of the entire movie, spoiling everything - I wouldn't click it. I wish I didn't know as much as I already know (or think I know, I suppose...). Looking forward to some surprises next Friday.

18. Mommy.Is.A.Jedi

Mommy.Is.A.Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2015
    I will absolutely read the in-depth spoilers as soon as they come out. I hate surprises. I'm a control freak. It's in my nature to know everything that I can, as soon as I can. It won't ruin the movie for me, it will actually help me to enjoy it more after digesting the plot first. Like the Han death rumors... it would have ruined the movie for me if I found out in the theater. But hey, that's just me, and maybe I'm weird. Haha

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hear JJ Abrams is forcing everyone who sees it to sign contracts to not post any spoilers whatsoever until the DVD release or their SW merchandise will be seized and given to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.