main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Will you still download shows despite channels 'fast-tracking' some of them?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Rebel_Padawan, Sep 24, 2007.

?

Will you still download shows despite channels 'fast-tracking' some of them?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. yes

14.3%
  2. no

57.1%
  3. depends on the tv show

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Just wondering what people's positions are on this.

With particularly 7 getting in on the act - Bionic Woman and the second season of Heroes are 2 examples, the TV stations have come to the conclusion that they need to replicate the American show season structure (you get what i mean) to keep audience levels high.

'Traditionally' Australia begin the season around Febuary, will this change increase or decrease audiences?

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    It'll increase. Why download when the show is on just two or so days after the actual event in the US? It's about time. I don't download much anyway, so this is a bonus :p

3. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    I knew it!!!

You're a spy for the MPAA!!!!!

:p

4. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Wha!?! I don't even know what that stands for! :p

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    The poll assumes that anyone voting is a regular downloader of TV shows, in which case I won't vote. ;)

Reason why Australia traditionally kicks off US shows in Feb/Mar is because we're coming out of summer and starting to spend some more time indoors. Now despite the shows coming quicker it still doesn't change the weather. Will audiences tune in during daylight savings, or will they keep downloading? Or will they rely on VCRs/PVRs? I'd say that if they don't record it, I bet they'll keep downloading to watch it at their convenience.

6. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Seeing as I work for said network... [face_shame_on_you] :p

7. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ill Dl em. No ads is the biggie. But there are a few i was going to Dli might wait for, so we'll see.

Heroes isnt one of them. Bionic woman probably isnt either.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Ki, if I were to omit 'still' from the question, would you then vote 'no'?

Does anyone know what other shows will be 'fast-tracked'?... I believe House is also one...

Considering that our Summer is usually a non-ratings period full of **** tv, I am hoping there will be at least one thing to watch!

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Shows I know of include Prison Break, Heroes, My Name is Earl, House and Bionic Woman.

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll say yes, for the convenience and for no ads.

But I make a rule of buying what I download after it is released here on dvd.

11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I'd probably vote "no" in that case, but it wouldn't be an "absolutely not" kind of response. I'll admit to watching a very small amound of downloaded shows (I can only think of 6 or 7 -- ever), and in all cases it was only because the show wasn't available on Aussie free-to-air TV.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't see the point of downloading shows. (I have dial up btw so go figure). With all the hassle it did for some distributors that provide low ratings for decent shows forcing them to be axed or relocated to later slots.

Because of the load of rubbish on tv, there is only two shows I watch most of the time. Because SG-1 is on it's final season already, there is no point for me to watch tv anymore really when I could watch decent proper shows like MacGyver, Magnum P.I., etc on DvD whenever I want.

No, I haven't voted as I don't download shows.

13. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i also make a point of buying shows when i can, such as Heroes when it comes out. I also delete the episode after watching it, so that Im not tempted further.

14. o__O

o__O Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2007
    HI NSW!!

If tv shows get here a few days to a week after they screen in the US then sure I can wait for them to show here :) its the right thing :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.