So NV Will you wear a costume to the Episode III premiere?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    What costume will you wear?

No spoilers please, so if it is a Episode III costume, just say that and not any specifics.
  2. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm wearing a costume! Can't tell you what just yet ;)

Anthony is also planning a costume :D
  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
  4. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I wore a costume last time, and it was fun and cool, but the theater was way too hot and wound up taking most of it off for the movie. It was very miserable, so I may skip the costume this time around.
  5. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    awww c'mon! Just wear one that is cooler in warm environments, like the Princess Leia slave outfit. ;)
  6. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I just watched the video from my bachelor party and actually a Leia slave outfit would cover me better than what I was wearing in that video...
  7. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
  8. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll definately wear a costume to EP3 but if you want to avoid spoilers you might not want to hit Neonopolis during the midnite showing. There are plans for several EP3 costumes there.

Which is a cool seguae to this question. We're doing a prior engagement that has been 3 months in the making so we will not be on time at the midnite showing. Who all plans to go to Neonopolis for the premiere?

My guys hit up the manager before she could contact me and wants to do some stuff for the midnite premiere and possibly that weekend. The more costumed folks there the better as there will be a 90% chance you'll make the news and even the paper. Last time our early birds made CNN. We probably wont be there in costume til after 11 so we'll be cutting it close.

Tim
  9. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know where I am going yet, to by honest...

Bleyd, you got any armor laying around you want to unload? Something that would fit a 6'1" guy?

I have always wanted my own armor...
  10. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I will be able to cough up the dough for my own set of Stormtrooper armor in time for the Midnight Premiere but I am definitely looking at Neonopolis to catch the film. I plan to be there around 11pm.
    What are you Garrison guys going to be doing before Midnight? Is there a special Before Party happening in town? I don't mean to sound nosey as I will probably be taking a nap before falling in line since I have to work that day anyway.

Looking forward to seeing the Ep3 costumes you guys are planning on wearing.
    Man, I do hope I can set aside enough for a set of armor for the premiere... [-o|

11. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't have an extra set but I do know someone that does. You interested in the Legion? We're ALWAYS recruiting.

tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

Tim
  12. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    would it fit a big guy?
  13. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    :( Looks like I don't think I'll have any luck getting a set of Stormtrooper armor this year since after CIII I plan to attend this summer's San Diego Comic Con. Couple of my favorite artists that I want to meet. They got some new material this year and promoting them there. Star Wars will have another sweet pavilion set-up as well.

I'll have to settle for "Star Wars Fanboy" Costume at the premiere. :D

14. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Big as in tall or big as in round? It can fit someone that is 6 foot plus. Tallest I've seen in armor is 6'4" 2oo plus pounds. That's with mods but you don't want to be too big or it'll look silly. I'm almost too big for the suit and I'm 5'8" 200 pounds. I usually go sandy as I think it looks cool when the smaller guy has this huge gun and pack.

Good Imperial costumes if armor is too small is Imperial Officer, Tie Pilot, and Imperial Tech.. (Like the scanning crew who boarded the Falcon in ANH)

I've seen guys pull of those costumes but if it's not accurate it doesn't look right so be sure and do your research.

Taller folks try to do Vader but his suit is VERY expensive when done right. To give you an idea. I've seen several suits in the Legion that blows the ILM suit out of the water easily. Better lighting, sound system, etc.

Uh oh, I'm non a rant.

I think some of the guys were working on clone armor but I've never put one togther, yet.

15. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    6'1", 220 pounds. Whaddya think?
  16. Rosegoddess3 Jedi Padawan

I can't wait to wear my Episode II Padme lake retreat outfit again!!

I'd like to make an Ep III one, but I'm going spoiler free for this one...unlike the last one, where I went in knowing EVERYTHING!!
  17. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Rose! How's it goin?!? Haven't seen you in ages!
  18. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    No costume here. I like my hair in normal mode, unlike last time.
  19. MartyBrandt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im going Anakin ROTS all the way!

Cory and I have something VERY exciting planned....

-Marty

20. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Marty- it was cool meeting you and Corey last Saturday at the Super Wal-Mart. I was the Filipino dude without a costume hanging out with you guys.

Since a Stormtooper armor kit would be very expensive for me and SW already an expensive hobby as it is, I am going to see about putting together something more simplier and less costly like maybe a Blue Senate Guard. It won't be very screen or toy accurate but it maybe close enough. Hardest and most expensive part would be the helmet of course!
    If its not possible then its back to "SW Fanboy".
  21. MartyBrandt Jedi Knight

star 1
    OHhh!! Now I know who you are. lol BTW, if you need any help with a costume, just let me know. I made my entire Anakin costume for under $100. Ive never totaled it, but I know its definately under it.

-Marty
  22. Jankarakk Jedi Master

star 4
    hey i need some help.....do you know how to sew???? cause i don't heh.
  23. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    MartyBrandts costume is off the hizzle.

Am still working on my Dizzle Sizzle costume for Rizzle of the Sizzle. Here's an update.

Well I picked up some foam latex today. I pulled a mold using the remaining latex and I didn't like how it came out. The mold is great but the latex sticks to itself. Hopefully I can nail it as I don't have much experience doing slush molds. Hey, hardest part I'm told is getting the ratio down. Along with the ambient temperature, mixture temperature, mold temeprature, and mixture speed. Once that's done I can test paint it to make sure the color is correct and it doesn't melt the prosthetic. Then I can apply it and wear it for several hours.

What fun. If I can pull this off I might go buy some more molding material and make me some masks. Woo Hoo!

24. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Marty- cool and thanks. 2 guys from the Neon Garrison, Ray and Tony, also offered to help me out.

Am still working on my Dizzle Sizzle costume for Rizzle of the Sizzle LOL :D
  25. MartyBrandt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jankarakk, what type of costume are you making?

-Marty
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.