main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will Ysanne Isard make it in the new EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    We got Thrawn now. Interestingly, Isard's father made a cameo appearance in Tarkin, it would be nice to have her as well.

JABoomer likes this.
  2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Most likely.

3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I think if she had, in any similar role, we'd likely have seen her referenced in Life Debt, especially since the similar circumstances were there w/ the EU w/ the ISB in control on Coruscant. So I wouldn't hold out for it.

4. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Haha I was thinking about doing a topic for this but involving daala as well. As for Isard if they kept her character the same as legends Isard she could make a good head for first order intelligence.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm not sure what there is to discuss, here, really. Surely the answer to any spin on "will [EU character] make it in the new EU" is going to end up as some variation on "Dunno. Maybe?"

Will Jaxxon make it in the new EU?

If someone with enough pull likes him enough, sure.

Will Kyle Katarn make it in the new EU?

See above.

ad infinitum.

EDIT: I mean, really, Taalcon's comment is about as comprehensive an answer as there can be, right now.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  7. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I'd say moderate. We already have Armand Isard and she was a reasonably popular character. But I don't see them going at huge lengths to bring her in unless the story fits.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Wellllll....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee, Gamiel and JediFett10 like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I grabbed my son's real one just for ****s and giggles.

Isard: "Outlook not so good."

Which is fine with me, I'm not a fan, and I definitely don't want the back story in which she was sleeping with Palpatine. I'm not sure that image will ever leave my head.

Katarn: "Cannot predict now."

I thought his name was Kanan Jarrus...

Jaxxon: "Reply hazy try again."

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    If I got to choose, I'd bring back Daala before I brought back Iceheart.

And I'd not ruin her immediately this time.

But I wouldn't bring anyone from the old EU back. Not Thrawn, Corran Horn, Xizor, Guri, Dash Rendar, none of the characters from the X-Wing series (including that coward Wedge Antilles), Kyp Durron, or Mara Jade. None of those characters.

Except for Kyle Katarn. I'd bring him back as the only one who remembers Legends continuity.

And Daiman. I'd bring him back as an AU version, the same, but different.

I'd bring back Set Harth as a dimensional traveler. Waru, too.

I'd bring back Freedon Nadd or Naga Sadow as ghosts and use them as the David Lo Pan of the GFFA.

Jax Pavan would also be a very common name, but no one of note.

I'd bring back C'baoth as a Moses character.

I'd bring back Lusa because too soon.

I wouldn't bring back Kueller but I'd name a character Kruller because that's how I always read it.

Okay, that's all the exceptions I would make. The rest are dead forever.

I'd make new characters instead.

Jeff_Ferguson, cthugha, A8T and 2 others like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    C'baoth raises his lightsaber and parts the galaxy.

The Jedi Council tries to follow him and a black hole swallows all of them.

Anakin watches and mutters some GFFA version of "What the hell happened?" (Never mind, he just mutters "What the hell happened?") Thrawn gives a sweet lecture on how parting the galaxy with a lightsaber is a great preemptive war tactic.

Stover ends the book with "This is what it is like to be Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth, forever."

...yep, I like this better than Outbound Flight. Bring it.

SpecForce Trooper and LelalMekha like this.
  12. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    Life Debt Mild Spoiler:
    Wedge's Phantom Squadron seems set up to be the canon post-RotJ Rogue Squadron, so if we get Phantom Squadron books and/or comics, Ysanne could be a good throwback choice. They would probably have to pull what they did with Thrawn and get Stackpole to write it, though.

13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm concerned. Have you gone mad?

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    C'baoth would get mad.

He'd lead an exodus, an outbound flight. He'd have a sweet white beard and get mad a lot and cast Force lightning at foolish fools for not having faith in him. He'd just be outraged like 70% of the time, he'd be easily offended, he wouldn't suffer foolish fools who dare to question him. The other 30% of the time he'd just be super condescending.

Those who do not live by C'baoth, shall die by C'baoth.

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I really want Isard to be brought back in some form. Perhaps as one of the founders of the FO though I don't know if she would like the FO. Perhaps she could be in the final aftermath book as one of the last Imps who holds to the Empire of old rather then the cult like FO.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Isard would absolutely join the madness that is the FO.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Definitely. Rax would love the Krytos Virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

And he would approve of her plan to make aliens ill and force heavy dosages of bacta.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm not about to start now- oh.

Wait. Sorry, nevermind.

jSarek and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  21. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Isard's a weird case. She was head of Imperial Intelligence in the old continuity.

Except now there's no Imperial Intelligence in this continuity. There's Military Intelligence which I guess is the equivalent.

However, Armand Isard is head of ISB in this continuity. In the old continuity, the ISB were seen as a bunch of thuggish amateurs. The Isards would have have thumbed their noses at them.

Essentially, if the Isards are high level ISB agents in this continuity, they are in some regards, very different from the Isards of old.

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Even in Legends, the terms "Imperial Intelligence" and "Military Intelligence" have been used interchangeably.

23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

But the ISB and Imperial Intelligence are separate entities in Legends. The ISB is more like the NKVD or Commissars. Imperial Intelligence was actual spies and analysts (plus the inquisitors).

24. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success." :p

Gamiel and darklordoftech like this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000